Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype...

Comments

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by eAdrian
    Originally posted by 123443211234

Well the first one despite some flaws was aboslutely an amazing experience.  Darkfall ruined me for any other mmorp, as in without the persistent danger, and the necessary skills (no auto aim, friendly fire etc...) it was such a thrilling experience that no other game has even come close to.  It deserves all the hype it can get and probably then some.  This game definetely won't be for the faint of heart or carebear crowd but if you are looking for a thrilling gaming experience that literally keeps you on the edge of your seat and the adrenaline pumping then Darkfall is for you!

LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!

I completely agree. 

All the tab and click games lost purpose. PvP in Darkfall was and is still so far ahead of other games. Not being a devoted PvP player I still never had a better gaming experience then Darkfall. In what other game are you scared when mining? In what other game are you scared of dying.

Those who only played Darkfall when it was new in the Zerg missed out on the depth of the game.

If it wasnt for such terrible community management, horrible skillweekends and announcing the death of the game I would still play. 

I wish for more depth in crafting, less difference of a new and levelled player, but with or without that I'm so excited about this game.

DARKFALL IS DEAD. LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!

Should be requoted as "DARKFALL IS DEAD.LONG LIVE DARKFALL UNHOLY WARS!!!"

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Well hopefully they learned a lot from the first release and make this one right.  Everyone thought DF was vaporeware for years.  Obviously they showed investors enough that they're willing to invest in another MMO development.
  • sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    so is this a pay expansion, a free expansion or a total new game i have to buy again,,,? if that so what its gonna happen with the old darkfall..? if that is not the case what about our old characters and our skill stats,gold/mats .. etc..?
  • wuthdwuthd Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by sodade21
    so is this a pay expansion, a free expansion or a total new game i have to buy again,,,? if that so what its gonna happen with the old darkfall..? if that is not the case what about our old characters and our skill stats,gold/mats .. etc..?

a)its a completly new game or atleast that is what tasos said

b)nobody know neither comunity manager xD

c)probably will stay on df 1 until av dont shut down the server

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Nizur
    Dear god, no. No F2P. I'm completely willing to pay a monthly fee for this game.

You may, most others aren't. The MMO market has changed drastically since the original Darkfall was released.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    Dear god, no. No F2P. I'm completely willing to pay a monthly fee for this game.

You may, most others aren't. The MMO market has changed drastically since the original Darkfall was released.

which market exactly? you see, themepark MMOs HAD to switch to a f2p model because they are so f'ing boring. DF never was boring, and a f2p model will simply not work (mainly) due to the full-loot aspect of the game.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    R.I.P Mortal Online.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455

Actually you should get your hopes up.  Aventurine screwed up DF 1.0 at various points, however in a move nearly unheard of in MMO history, they have given themselves a second chance.  They didn't jsut sell the IP, they didn't just sell the game to someone else to gut, repackage, and sell as a "nearly was".  They have bitten the bullet, said the only way to really fix some of the problems is to simply do it over completely, and they have spent the last couple of years doing that.

Darkfall was a heap of fun, but had some deep design issues and a couple bad calls along the way.  AV have learnt, and are changing those things (such as no instant-ray-spams any more, in the Q&A they have confirmed rays are gone from DF:UW).  It's a brave step for a company to say "we heard you, our players, so we're doing things over and this time will be much better".  To me that's something to be very optomistic about, as Darkfall's community has provided a wealth of insightful and perceptive comments over time - many of which are unsurprisingly appearing in new games being released!  

Am I currently playing Darkfall?  No, EVE actually.

Will I buy and play Darkfall: Unholy Wars?  Absolutely!

Why?  Because I have over the years watched Aventurine rise, stumble, radically change their level of community engagement (for the better), dust themselves off, and take the hard choices.  If this was 3 years ago, I wouldn't buy it.  But that company has done a lot in the past 3 years and I really do believe this will be a heap of fun.  Will it be bug free and perfect?  lol yeah right.  Will it be an engaging, challenging MMORPG that provides incredible opportunities to shape the world and be part of massive, intense pvp?  Heck yes!  A fresh start with a new server, new ruleset, tidied up map, and better underlying game architecture was precisely what Darkfall needed - and in two months, we get it :)

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Galadourn

which market exactly? you see, themepark MMOs HAD to switch to a f2p model because they are so f'ing boring. DF never was boring, and a f2p model will simply not work (mainly) due to the full-loot aspect of the game.

So by your logic Darkfall should have more subscribers than TERA, SWTOR, and Secret World.

• Spool1Spool1 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Wow this game is already hyped so far, just need to know GW2 off its pedestal!
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

So by your logic Darkfall should have more subscribers than TERA, SWTOR, and Secret World.

Not "more" (as in quanity) Just more QUALITY subscribers. =P

BTW- I am joking... But I understand why they say this should never go F2P. F2P is greedy and not usually in a consumers best interest (nothing is ever really FREE- Or at least usually it isnt)

This is a sub game and should stay as such-

• eXizzLeeXizzLe Member Posts: 29
    by far the most skill intensive mmorpg out there, plenty of dynamic sandbox elements to keep it healthy and fun. not to mention 100% full loot and unrestricted pvp.
  • rafikosrafikos Member Posts: 33
    Hopefully there will be no delay....
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Even with the flaws darkfall 1.0 had the first 2 months of the game was still the most fun i've ever had playing a video game.
  • PhaedreadPhaedread Member Posts: 27
    Keep it up guys, it's going to be the best game in the last couple years!
  • killer128killer128 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Flute

Actually you should get your hopes up.  Aventurine screwed up DF 1.0 at various points, however in a move nearly unheard of in MMO history, they have given themselves a second chance.  They didn't jsut sell the IP, they didn't just sell the game to someone else to gut, repackage, and sell as a "nearly was".  They have bitten the bullet, said the only way to really fix some of the problems is to simply do it over completely, and they have spent the last couple of years doing that.

Darkfall was a heap of fun, but had some deep design issues and a couple bad calls along the way.  AV have learnt, and are changing those things (such as no instant-ray-spams any more, in the Q&A they have confirmed rays are gone from DF:UW).  It's a brave step for a company to say "we heard you, our players, so we're doing things over and this time will be much better".  To me that's something to be very optomistic about, as Darkfall's community has provided a wealth of insightful and perceptive comments over time - many of which are unsurprisingly appearing in new games being released!  

Am I currently playing Darkfall?  No, EVE actually.

Will I buy and play Darkfall: Unholy Wars?  Absolutely!

Why?  Because I have over the years watched Aventurine rise, stumble, radically change their level of community engagement (for the better), dust themselves off, and take the hard choices.  If this was 3 years ago, I wouldn't buy it.  But that company has done a lot in the past 3 years and I really do believe this will be a heap of fun.  Will it be bug free and perfect?  lol yeah right.  Will it be an engaging, challenging MMORPG that provides incredible opportunities to shape the world and be part of massive, intense pvp?  Heck yes!  A fresh start with a new server, new ruleset, tidied up map, and better underlying game architecture was precisely what Darkfall needed - and in two months, we get it :)

You couldn't have said it any better!  While the company may have struggled in the past to meet deadlines, it seems as though they didn't even tell anyone they were working on something this big.   The fact that Tasos actually had the balls to come out and say that they were tired of fixing a game that wasn't entirely broken was a bold move.  I think with a new game, fresh start and fresh players, the game may actually stand a chance of making an impact on MMO history.   They know how to properly launch a game now and they have hundreds of posts of constructive criticism from the community over the past few years.  Now that they have a bigger dev team and an actual investor things are looking bright for Darkfall Unholy Wars.  I can't contain my excitement because the first game was awesome (minus a couple of flaws) so I can't imagine what Unholy Wars is going to bring.

Darkfall Unholy Wars

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Unfortunately your logic is the one that is flawed.  You see Aventurine the makers of Darkfall possess one very unique trait that endears them to their players.  THEY MAKE THE GAME THEY WANT TO PLAY not the game they think will pay!   They have also secured some unique funding sources over the years to ensure their vision.  (like Greek government subsidies to stay based in Greece)  Overall though F2p could never ever work in a game like Darkfall the cheating would be out of control and the pay 2 win factor in a full loot no-auto aim style game would be absolutely disgusting.  We like our games competitve and as hack free as possible and thats what i'm more than willing to pay a sub for.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

BTW- I am joking... But I understand why they say this should never go F2P. F2P is greedy and not usually in a consumers best interest (nothing is ever really FREE- Or at least usually it isnt)

The same thing could be said about p2p games. Pay 15 dollars a month to get a content update every 8 months.

At least in f2p you have the choice.

Not saying this game should be ftp or anything but lets be realistic people. Its all about what the devs do with the money they get, not the payment model.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by austriacus

The same thing could be said about p2p games. Pay 15 dollars a month to get a content update every 8 months.

Not saying this game should be ftp or anything but lets be realistic people. Its all about what the devs do with the money they get, not the payment model.

F2P is definately NOT in the best interests of the gamer, it gives them a smaller voice as most of the free-playing gamers won't purchase anyway unless it's Pay-to-win. Paying monthly allows players to speak with their wallet, if they're not happy with new content coming out the Devs will see that in sub numbers.

• reacaerreacaer Member Posts: 18

If there's a game worth a subscription this is Darkfall.

There are so many games that cost 50€+ (god, if i think how many money wasted for buying Diablo3, GW2, SWTOR.. and all the other shitty big companies games for the masses..) that will entertain you for a couple of weeks before you fall in boredoom. Darkfall has nothing to do with them, its a genuine game, made for the players enjoyiment, not for sucking off their moneys..

Darkfall(1) at the release was not so friendly with ppl not willing to give it a chance for good, and the lack of advertisments made the playerbase a bit too low for the vastity of the map. If Darkfall(1) was released as it is now I belive it would have been a HUGE success, too bad none is willing to give a chance to a 4 years old MMO, expecially when they dont even get to know of its existence.

Now with DF:UW, with a new game with the old beautyful soul of the old Darkfall will get its chance, I hope as many ppl as possible will try out this gem, if you like PvPing this game is your heaven.. come meet me in agon :D

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Greymoor

F2P is definately NOT in the best interests of the gamer, it gives them a smaller voice as most of the free-playing gamers won't purchase anyway unless it's Pay-to-win. Paying monthly allows players to speak with their wallet, if they're not happy with new content coming out the Devs will see that in sub numbers.

So  if you pay you earn your voice then. Or are you saying that in a f2p game you cant speak with your wallet? If you like the game you support it, if you dont you stop giving them money. The devs will see that they are not happy with the content if people leave the game and therefore invest less money on the cash shop.

Its pretty simple. 

Also in my experience the less pay to win the cash shop is, the more the number of players invest in it since they dont have the pressure that what ever they buy is someday obsolete. On the other hand if you have a pay to win cash shop few people buy stuff but the ones that do invest a lot.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    You see Aventurine the makers of Darkfall possess one very unique trait that endears them to their players.  THEY MAKE THE GAME THEY WANT TO PLAY not the game they think will pay!   

This is a very interesting comment that could use more attention. I bet most people have not thought of it like this, including myself.

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

is there anywhere that has more informations about the game.

like what kind of engine it will be running or game machanics.

when i first play df along time ago the movement to me felt and looked very werid. sprinting in very odd.

release date or when more info will be released.

i really loved most of the ideas behind df but after all the exploits and bugs during the first serveral months of launch made me quit. felt like so many had such a large advantage. such as the acid thing that uped defense.

• VerticalSumVerticalSum Member UncommonPosts: 12

I'd highly recommend checking out Darkfall:  Unholy Wars.

It's going to go live in 2 months and is THE closest thing you'll find to what you're looking for.  Darkfall is full loot, highly skill based, highly clan/guild warfare oriented.

If you're a competitive gamer with a drive to win... do yourself a favor and check it out.

Bring it.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by VerticalSum

I'd highly recommend checking out Darkfall:  Unholy Wars.

It's going to go live in 2 months and is THE closest thing you'll find to what you're looking for.  Darkfall is full loot, highly skill based, highly clan/guild warfare oriented.

If you're a competitive gamer with a drive to win... do yourself a favor and check it out.

Its funny watching this guy repeatedly advertise the game with that same message, when we are ALREADY talking about DF:UW.