Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont come back yet: Cross Realm Zones (CRZ)

12346»

Comments

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Isnt CRZ just a good way for Blizzard to earn some extra bucks? Like there isnt the same need of hardware when they can smack 5 servers into one single shard? 
    Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by cdblue

My fiance and I were going to come back to WoW. I played on and off since launch.  We decided play around with GW2 a bit, and see what people thought of the WoW pre-expansion patch and the expansion itself before putting down any money on it. We are saving up money to get married so can't be just throwing money around

Fast forward now to present day... Simply put, CRZ by itself keeps us both from returning to WoW. I don't really have nothing else to add but there are loyal former subscribers like ourselves (like I said from launch) who aren't coming back simply because this is just too big of a change for us. Everyone always comes back to WoW, and I am living proof of that. I can assure everyone that after such a long break... Unless they add ability to turn of CRZ or do away with it entirely we won't be back ever again. I don't doubt there are many just like us. It's a feature that has without a doubt hurt the game much more than it has helped.

Looking toward future. Sticking with GW2 and going to be playing RIft at same time. If Rift expansion stinks for some reason I'll find some other mmorpg. CRZ=WoW is no longer an option. 

Somehow everyone and his dog has been playing WoW since release. "Loyal former subscribers" sounds pretty silly too. Lastly, you don't even say what is bugging you with the CRZ. Concerning CRZ, nothing much has changed. Except the fact that empty zones are filled up again. There are some bugs (I got dismounted from my Brewfest mount yesterday -_-), but I can't imagine that those are gamebreaking. I was questing in Hellfire yesterday, when I heard people whine that there're no veins and that a lot of people were mining. Struck me as a bit weird, because that's how it's supposed to be. The zones are supposed to be filled with people, not empty as a year ago.

Originally posted by Keylogger

I'm not sure how it works, but on mine I only ever see people in Dalaran.

I flew around this morning for a couple hours watching television and saw three other people from between Blasted Lands and Netherstorm.

Not really worth while.

I haven't been in Netherstorm yet, but the Blasted Lands and Hellfire were both filled, with gankers and questers alike. Silithus was the same, a bit quieter though.

Originally posted by mymmo
    Isnt CRZ just a good way for Blizzard to earn some extra bucks? Like there isnt the same need of hardware when they can smack 5 servers into one single shard? 

It's a different problem than of combining empty servers to fill them up again. Take for example my own server, EU-Stormreaver. It's been full since the launch, because it was one of the starting servers. The lower level zones are pretty much empty, plus the Horde outnumbers the Alliance. Most players hang in the main cities or in Pandaria. From what I've read this is pretty much the same on all servers. What CRZ does is combining the lower level zones, but not Pandaria. Hence most zones feel more alive. Personally I don't get the complaints about the more social aspects of the CRZ. Zones are intended to be filled with people. Of course there's more ganking on PvP servers, of course there's more grieving. Yes, it's harder to farm for materials or camp rare spawns. But like it or not, that's how it's supposed to be. When I was leveling in Vanilla, I both loved and hated the Barrens. You had the awful chat (Makrik's fucking wife and Echeyakee) repeating itself every five minutes, everyone was killing the same mobs for the same loot that almost never dropped (fucking zebra hooves) and lastly, everyone was rushing for that one Tin Vein or Briarthorn that spawned.

When I was leveling my Shaman in Cataclysm I almost had the zones for myself, disregarding the people who came there for Archeology. The zones felt empty and abadonned. I'm glad that they're filled with people again. I know that some people have a lot of problems with bugs (like two people leveling together) and those are legitimate reasons to feel pissed of. But the other aspects aren't.

• cdbluecdblue Member Posts: 10

Somehow everyone and his dog has been playing WoW since release. "Loyal former subscribers" sounds pretty silly too. Lastly, you don't even say what is bugging you with the CRZ. Concerning CRZ, nothing much has changed. Except the fact that empty zones are filled up again. There are some bugs (I got dismounted from my Brewfest mount yesterday -_-), but I can't imagine that those are gamebreaking. I was questing in Hellfire yesterday, when I heard people whine that there're no veins and that a lot of people were mining. Struck me as a bit weird, because that's how it's supposed to be. The zones are supposed to be filled with people, not empty as a year ago.

I totally agree with you it does seem everyone says they started at launch. I actually did start in Vanilla and started playing mmorpgs as a whole after EQ had been out for about 3 months. Bought my first computer for it! 

This thread is long enough with valid complaints and I don't really see any point in adding my own as they are pretty much exactly the same as others.

My only point I am making on CRZ is that for sure it is keeping some from coming back and is causing accounts to be canceled.  If one would look at my post history I posted not too long ago on advice on which game to return to (Rift/WoW or go with GW2). I would have went with WoW if not for CRZ.

Rather if one agrees with the complaints shown by others on this thread or not. The fact remains it is indeed not helping the game in a positive way numbers wise. I won't write a novel why I don't like it because as I said its pretty much dead on with what others have said. Look at my previous post history. I planned on returning to WoW before CRZ launched. CRZ launched, and now we aren't returning. We aren't alone in this either otherwise this thread wouldn't be so long with so many complaints. 

Nor would the official forums have thread after thread after thread hundreds of pages long of people wanting option to opt out of CRZ. Agree with us or not. It is effecting players coming back to game or staying. 

Also by saying I am a loyal fan isn't absurd... I have been loyal fan to WoW. I played game for going eight years and enjoyed it vastly. After spending thousands of dollars on the game I think I can safely say I earned that title. 30 dollars a month for two accounts over 7 years, full retail price box sales, character server transfers, and faction changes really add up.  I don't want to see WoW go belly up or become part of anti-WoW crowd. I want WoW to do good. Even if I am not playing it.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by MikkelB

Originally posted by mymmo

It's a different problem than of combining empty servers to fill them up again. Take for example my own server, EU-Stormreaver. It's been full since the launch, because it was one of the starting servers. The lower level zones are pretty much empty, plus the Horde outnumbers the Alliance. Most players hang in the main cities or in Pandaria. From what I've read this is pretty much the same on all servers. What CRZ does is combining the lower level zones, but not Pandaria. Hence most zones feel more alive. Personally I don't get the complaints about the more social aspects of the CRZ. Zones are intended to be filled with people. Of course there's more ganking on PvP servers, of course there's more grieving. Yes, it's harder to farm for materials or camp rare spawns. But like it or not, that's how it's supposed to be. When I was leveling in Vanilla, I both loved and hated the Barrens. You had the awful chat (Makrik's fucking wife and Echeyakee) repeating itself every five minutes, everyone was killing the same mobs for the same loot that almost never dropped (fucking zebra hooves) and lastly, everyone was rushing for that one Tin Vein or Briarthorn that spawned.

When I was leveling my Shaman in Cataclysm I almost had the zones for myself, disregarding the people who came there for Archeology. The zones felt empty and abadonned. I'm glad that they're filled with people again. I know that some people have a lot of problems with bugs (like two people leveling together) and those are legitimate reasons to feel pissed of. But the other aspects aren't.

I do see the advantage with CRZ. Filling zones that have been empety with players is a good thing in a mmo. But I did wonder if this isnt just a good way for Blizzard to earn more money that has in someway backlashed on the community? And I do like that companies earns it buck, Im not comlaing about that :) 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by papardelios
    if you dont like gang or ganged then either go to a pve server or play gw2. they are all friends there. they jump in the world, sending kisses, zerg DE's. no1 gets hurt in the open world. its a friendly love game.hell this is warcraft. this is how it suposed to be. this is how it was in the good old times. so if you want go to gw2. they also have nice legendary bows.http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365281/page/1

Or you join Battlebots a totaly awesome feature where you queue up for a battleground with 10 bots to assist your epic pvp moments.

Or a chair dance world pvp zone where you zerg a flag while the other team try's to capture your previous flag faster then you can cap !!

Or you can now roll a serious kung fu panda and start your epic yourney !!!

Or you can catch em all with a pokemon style pet battles !!!

Or you can try to level up your professions and try ti mine agaist those 500 bots on auto pilot !!!

cwutididthar ?

Dont even try to compare Hello Kitty Island 4.0 to GW2 bro :)