Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Torchlight 2: Standing On Its Own Two Feet

2»

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Ailingforale
    I loved the beta and had this pre-ordered on Steam.  Many parts of this game just looks and feels better than D3 to me.  D3 wasn't horrible, but it wasn't a $60 game.  This seems more like the $60 game, but they release it at $20?  How could you go wrong with this game now that the joys of TL are now able to be played with buddies together in TL2?

$20? Really??????

Damn , I guess I will be picking it up. Wasnt thrilled with the Art direction (I was hoping for a "darker" feel) but Torchlight was a solid and fun game- For $20??????? Hell yeah-

Is this only availible on steam?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Mueslinator

Best thing so far? The soundtrack is exceptional and not that uninspired blarf that Diablo 3 had. Oh, and how do I know that? Because it's a free download from Runic. Yes, the entire sountrack in quite nice quality (no flac, but variable bitrate mp3).

soundtrack is by the same guy that did the soundtrack for diablo2 

Matt Uelmen  :)

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,11673/

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Trying out the Beserker atm
  • GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

playing Cannoneer offline, since can't get multi-play.....lol oh well....doubt it'll be that serious since offline toons can be played online...just get big!!

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Played for 5 or so hours today.. Underwhelmed so far.. Only played the Embermage though.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Brilliant game, very addictive. Playing engineer with 2H, dont even want to try other clases - he is too fun. Although died already 2 times on elite hardcore. Ouch
  • JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Alphamojo

wow server overload......seriously has no one learned anything from first day downloads ever......companies...never cease to amaze me with inadequate preparations....

The whole Runic Website is down! Account management down!

At least we can play Single player offline lol.

yeah they seem to have took a battering lol..but it dont stop you playing..unlike that other monstrosity.single player offline..yummee.

Yeah they did.  It was down around noon CST. LMAO.  Was having minor time-outs prior to that.  Has it been up at all since this afternoon?  If not I bet they said F-it for tonight and are all getting drunk and celebrating.   Good for them if they are.  I really don't know how someone could not be happy with this game at the price point that it's at.  

I have never really talked that highly of any publisher. But Runic really deserves it imo.   They released the game with no restrictions.  Mod tools coming soon.  Has lan..  They are going to add some new stuff for free.  Said maybe a map and pets or something at no extra cost. All for 20 bucks. 

Just finished act 1, 7 hours played according to Steam. Going to  take a break for awhile.  Wonder how long that will last..

• Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    TL1 was a really solid game. TL2 is even better.. D3 better watch it! TL2 might be the new king of the genre.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I'll probably pick it up around Christmas (it'll probably be on sale at some point). Borderlands 2 is fulfilling my 'kill and loot' desire at the moment, so buying this now would be kind of a waste.

Not to mention the release of X-Com in 3 weeks or so. I think that'll be taking up a ton of my free time as well.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

dont see what the big deal about this game is, played a couple hrs so far, and nothing stands out any different then D3 other then graphics, I mean its kinda fun, but I had fun running thru D3 the first couple times too.  There isnt enough classes imo, also cant really find any info on crafting or anything like that later in game, really cant find much info on the game at all

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    playing the game on steam.this game rocks .i am so much happy i waited for this game rather than diablo 3 
  • GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

Guys, I couldn't play online, so I went singleplayer.

How is this POSSIBLY working, I thought always online made games better and that no one played single player.

PLEASE FIX IT RUNIC!

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch

Guys, I couldn't play online, so I went singleplayer.

How is this POSSIBLY working, I thought always online made games better and that no one played single player.

PLEASE FIX IT RUNIC!

apparentely the site is down..they are working on it..seems they may have been battered by so many people last night at once..not sure really what the problems is but they will get there..at least you can play while waiting for online.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Also, no always-on internet connection required.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Have not played D3 yet but Torchlight 2 is a very good game. I am really enjoing it.
  • kain6993kain6993 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Looks just like d3 no thanks

No it doesn't?! It looks like Torchlight, hence the name Torchlight 2.  Hmmm.