Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meaningless?

Comments

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by grimal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP is complaining about the lack of character progression in this game.

It's some of us have criticized and have been turned off about.  They might as well just had no levels at all since you can basically get all your weapon skills at level ... levels really don't mean fuck all in this game.

And yet it is something that has been known for at least 2 years.

I swear its like no one researches their game purchases anymore.  If you need Vertical Progression then this game isnt for you.  For the millions of us who no longer subscribe to the WoW model of MMO's GW2 is a godsend.

Nothing wrong with Horizontal progression (TSW)....or vertical progression like WoW....but the problem is that GW2 is very much so progressionless....

Sure you get some points to use on secondary skills, but you are VERY limited in how many can use at a time.

Weapon skills are there right away.  Side quests (jumping, vistas..etc) are the same over and over regardless of zone.  DE's (at least the first 40 levels) are mindless grinds where waves of mobs are killed only to have to kill another mindless wave of mobs.  whether it's stationary or you are protecting someone, it's the same....

I guess the best word for this game is generic and hollow.  There is NO progression.  RPG = Progression...whether it's MMO or just plain RPG....this has the depth of an FPS, but with swords and dragons....

You and I disagree on this.  That's fine.  You see a shallow, empty game.  I see an organic, deep game.  To each their own.  Is it safe to assume that since you don't like the game you will stop playing it, and now since you've stated your opinion of it, you'll move on?

My whole point is:  If you don't like the game at all, why continue to worry about it?

Answer to your point:  It's because people in this genre are selfish and shallow.  If they don't enjoy a game then it is their mission to make sure they try to make as many people as possible see how bad the game is in their eyes.  They won't be happy until the game "they" don't like is completely ruined and shuts down.  So they can then say "I told you so!" and pat themselves on the back for successfully destroying something other people like.

These people can also be known as the cancer that is killing the mmorpg genre.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    you know it is not like there are not enough MMO's with quest hubs, level grinding and the endless raid gear hampster wheel . Now for myself I am just glad there is finally a game where that shit doesn't matter. My idea of a maningful MMO is one that entertains me, if it doesn't I pack my bags and move on. It ain't real complicated

I miss DAoC

• pags411pags411 Member Posts: 98

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP is complaining about the lack of character progression in this game.

It's some of us have criticized and have been turned off about.  They might as well just had no levels at all since you can basically get all your weapon skills at level ... levels really don't mean fuck all in this game.

And yet it is something that has been known for at least 2 years.

I swear its like no one researches their game purchases anymore.  If you need Vertical Progression then this game isnt for you.  For the millions of us who no longer subscribe to the WoW model of MMO's GW2 is a godsend.

Sorry, didn't get the memo that in order to play a video game and offer criticism, you are required to spend days upon days scouring the internet for every post, document and message from the developers about a game otherwise your opinion is moot..

And again, sorry for subscribing to the vertical progression model invented by WoW in 2004 even though it's been around since the days of pen n paper RPGs.

Seriously, we should just lock prohibit membership access to forums unless you can pass a lengthy exam on a given game's forum.

Thank you for that.

i think your use of hyperbole isn't strengthening your argument.  The person you've quoted, while being a little excited, is making a good point and you're responding in a ridiculous fashion.  Of course you aren't required to spend days scouring the internet for information about a game.  However, all the complaints about features that were plainly advertised ARE baseless.  This was not privelaged or witheld information.  You can offer criticism, but understand that if you're whole argument is that the game delivered exactly what they said they woudl deliver and you don't like it, people are going to be exhausted quickly with a flurry of people saying things like this. 

Don't apologize, just take a look at yourself and what you're saying.  There's nothing wrong with your preferences, but you're criticizing a product for being exactly what the developers said it would be as if you stumbled into this game thinking it was what you liked even though it was always advertised as something very different. 

What you could apologize for (but you don't have to) is wasting time and forum space with this crap.  Look at how well you know your preferences: you like vertical progression.  You buy a game which arguably differs in ONE fundamental aspect from most other titles in the genre: no distinct vertical progression.  Then you and others come here and say "this game doesn't have enough vertical progression". 

All we're saying is we don't care.  And I mean that in the nicest way.  We really don't.  Just like you don't care that I hate bloom on the reticle in Halo Reach.  I knew the game had bloom.  It's not a deal breaker for me, so I enjoy the game.  If it were a deal breaker, I wouldn't play it.  I also wouldn't run around telling people I don't like it.  It's just irrelevant.  Move along.  There's nothing for you to say here.  You don't like the game, and that's fine.  That's good, frankly.  Diversity is important for so many raesons.  We don't need or want everyone playing the same game.

• R3volv3RR3volv3R Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    Originally posted by R3volv3R

MMorpgs were about continuity, about getting challenged to be better, play more, trying to achieve something that seemed impossible at the begining.

How about GW2? 

You reach 80 in like 10-15 days, u get the best available equipment easier than any other game.

Been playing since headstart, my highest character is 40.  I take my time in each zone and city and get map completion. I also wander around and harvest and do events... Being 80 in 10-15 days is your own fault for power gaming.

I found the game exciting too while leveling to 80. My problem is to find something interesting to do after that. Since your not 80 your opinion about endgame doesnt matter so much, does it? Maybe you ll get the same feeling as me in a month, im asking people who have this feeling for suggestions. 

You cant make any money by farming or using the TP (spending 20g to get 21 isnt money making...)

I sell every green I pick up off mobs, making gold is very easy if you play the TP smart.  Anyone would spend 20g to try to flip it for 1g profit needs to learn how to make money lol.

Play the TP smart with 15% tax and buy/sell prices a few copper apart.. ok,  anyway gold doesnt matter in game anyway 

Everything is about dyes and better looking armor as if it is a fashion show.

Which game isn't about fashion in a sense.  Every single mmo that has come out since devs have made vanity armor slots has had this or been forced to put it in after launch by the players. Nice try though.

Putting dyes in every reward instead of something usefull  rewarding your effort is lame.

Every mob is aggro, so you have to kill everything to get pass through an area even if you are 60 lvl higher due to lvl scale.

Run past them...? Use waypoints if your passing through a zone you've been through before? 

Waypoints cost alot, and that cost scales to your level. If you feel like paying 1g everyday for minor distances go ahead.

Jumping around like a goat to get vistas for a mystic coin. 

You didn't know goats love jumping around for mystic coins?  The devs said that during beta,"We love goats, especially jumping ones, so expect to be like one a lot and get some mystic coins."

So funny! PH PHUNNY!

Having 100% explored for 50 copper and a blue trash item.

100% world or 100% current map?  I haven't completed the world yet.

Why bother posting in an endgame thread? 

Dungeons are a joke and rewards even bigger joke.

Haven't done one yet so I can't comment.

No raid bosses that require strategy and months of preparation.

Anet has stated repeatedly that they aren't following the cookie cutter WoW'esq endgame raid formula.  That's your own fault.

My fault

WvW should be about getting a castle with your guild and keep it for a certain amount of time until someone sieges you. (like lineage2) .

They have this in WvW, it just resets after time.  Now a weekly reset.  You and your guild can do this.

What do i gain for achieving this?

Spvp without ranking system? i know better looking items...

Can't comment, I think the spvp is terrible in this game.

Equality ruins every MMO.

I mean one who is a good player or plays many hours should have more benefits from one who is bad or plays less.

Im still searching for an mmo without instances, with decent graphics,strategy, where your actions matter and there are consequences when u kill/die.

Enough with these mainstream carebear games!

My problem is not progression, or item grind or whatever. 

What i am asking is suggestions from people who share the same bordom as me in endgame, (not people who enjoy this game)

is to find a goal worthwile..

something rewarding ..

Originally posted by bingbongbros

MMorpgs were about continuity, about getting challenged to be better, play more, trying to achieve something that seemed impossible at the begining.

How about GW2? 

You reach 80 in like 10-15 days, u get the best available equipment easier than any other game.

Been playing since headstart, my highest character is 40.  I take my time in each zone and city and get map completion. I also wander around and harvest and do events... Being 80 in 10-15 days is your own fault for power gaming.

I found the game exciting too while leveling to 80. My problem is to find something interesting to do after that. Since your not 80 your opinion about endgame doesnt matter so much, does it? Maybe you ll get the same feeling as me in a month, im asking people who have this feeling for suggestions. 

Fair enough.

You cant make any money by farming or using the TP (spending 20g to get 21 isnt money making...)

I sell every green I pick up off mobs, making gold is very easy if you play the TP smart.  Anyone would spend 20g to try to flip it for 1g profit needs to learn how to make money lol.

Play the TP smart with 15% tax and buy/sell prices a few copper apart.. ok,  anyway gold doesnt matter in game anyway 

There is a better way to play it then that, but I'm not going to spill my beans in a forum.

Which game isn't about fashion in a sense.  Every single mmo that has come out since devs have made vanity armor slots has had this or been forced to put it in after launch by the players. Nice try though.

Putting dyes in every reward instead of something usefull  rewarding your effort is lame.

To each their own, personally I'm obsessed with dyes.  I even buy them in bulk on TP.  Guess I'm their target player.

Every mob is aggro, so you have to kill everything to get pass through an area even if you are 60 lvl higher due to lvl scale.

Run past them...? Use waypoints if your passing through a zone you've been through before? 

Waypoints cost alot, and that cost scales to your level. If you feel like paying 1g everyday for minor distances go ahead.

Well then just run by and don't stop.  Use swiftness if your class has the ability too.  Roll when they swing at you.  I'm not really understanding your gripe with this.

You didn't know goats love jumping around for mystic coins?  The devs said that during beta,"We love goats, especially jumping ones, so expect to be like one a lot and get some mystic coins."

So funny! PH PHUNNY!

I R COMEDY FACE

100% world or 100% current map?  I haven't completed the world yet.

Was asking you to clarify the 100% comment...

Haven't done one yet so I can't comment.

This thread isn't endgame specific, it's general and the title is vague.

Anet has stated repeatedly that they aren't following the cookie cutter WoW'esq endgame raid formula.  That's your own fault.

My fault

WvW should be about getting a castle with your guild and keep it for a certain amount of time until someone sieges you. (like lineage2) .

They have this in WvW, it just resets after time.  Now a weekly reset.  You and your guild can do this.

What do i gain for achieving this?

Hell if I know, pats on the back?

Can't comment, I think the spvp is terrible in this game.

I mean one who is a good player or plays many hours should have more benefits from one who is bad or plays less.

Im still searching for an mmo without instances, with decent graphics,strategy, where your actions matter and there are consequences when u kill/die.

Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by pags411

Nothing wrong with Horizontal progression (TSW)....or vertical progression like WoW....but the problem is that GW2 is very much so progressionless....

Sure you get some points to use on secondary skills, but you are VERY limited in how many can use at a time.

Weapon skills are there right away.  Side quests (jumping, vistas..etc) are the same over and over regardless of zone.  DE's (at least the first 40 levels) are mindless grinds where waves of mobs are killed only to have to kill another mindless wave of mobs.  whether it's stationary or you are protecting someone, it's the same....

I guess the best word for this game is generic and hollow.  There is NO progression.  RPG = Progression...whether it's MMO or just plain RPG....this has the depth of an FPS, but with swords and dragons....

With all due respect, most of your post is subjective.  I would argue that GW2 has plenty of progression via map completion, Traits, Skills, weapon load outs, crafting, dungeons (story/exp), jumping puzzles, hidden mini-dungeons, etc.  Now, I can't say whether or not it's progression you prefer, but no one could reasonable claim that this is "no" progression.

Your examples are all exaggerated or come from a point of preference.  Thsi is completely fine, but it makes your assertion that the game is hollow...well...hollow.  There's some variety in the area quests (maybe you'd prefer MORE variety...which is fine).  The vistas range from simple and obvious to complex and challenging.  Events are actually more in depth than you suggest (but again, maybe it's not in depth enough FOR YOU).  Events have branching paths that seque into different scenarios depending on the outcome of the preceding one.  Some events have to be "discovered" or initiated by players.  The objectives are no more generic than every other MMO to date. 

If you feel this game is generic I would wonder how you define unique.  This game has innovated almost every major element of the genre.  Once again, maybe you don't prefer those innovations, and that's fine!  But anyone speaking from a place of neutrality who wishes to evaluate this game's achievements would be hard pressed to make an argument that this game is anything less than unique and innovative.  That doesn't mean the person likes the game, either.

So what you are saying is that me saying weapons skills are available immediately, most DE's (at least to level 40) are mostly comprised of waves of mobs over and over, that jumping quests are just that...jumping and killing so mobs, that vistas are not the same thing over and over...sure there is variety in the method of how to get to it, but you'll get the same thing when ya get there.  

To call this game innovative in any way shape or form would be criminal compared to other games of it's kind and the innovations they brought....honestly, the only true innovation I have seen so far was the idea that several people can mine from the same node without diminishing returns.  Instead of accepting a quest at a hub, you run into a quest at it's specific hub....not innovation...jumping quests...talk to the platforming community about that one....sub-standard traits tree and again, a lenghty amount of skill you can acquire, but a very limited amount you can actually use.

I'll say what I've said all along, either ANET didnt have the money from the get go to put the proper time in to make a true MMORPG experience or they are just poor designers, because the entire game seems to repeat itself relentlessly.  Im glad people are having fun, but I find it very odd that so many gaming sites are giving this game such high rankings...which is why I will continue to defend my position...I do have that right, correct?

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by pags41

i think your use of hyperbole isn't strengthening your argument.  The person you've quoted, while being a little excited, is making a good point and you're responding in a ridiculous fashion.  Of course you aren't required to spend days scouring the internet for information about a game.  However, all the complaints about features that were plainly advertised ARE baseless.  This was not privelaged or witheld information.  You can offer criticism, but understand that if you're whole argument is that the game delivered exactly what they said they woudl deliver and you don't like it, people are going to be exhausted quickly with a flurry of people saying things like this. 

Don't apologize, just take a look at yourself and what you're saying.  There's nothing wrong with your preferences, but you're criticizing a product for being exactly what the developers said it would be as if you stumbled into this game thinking it was what you liked even though it was always advertised as something very different. 

What you could apologize for (but you don't have to) is wasting time and forum space with this crap.  Look at how well you know your preferences: you like vertical progression.  You buy a game which arguably differs in ONE fundamental aspect from most other titles in the genre: no distinct vertical progression.  Then you and others come here and say "this game doesn't have enough vertical progression". 

All we're saying is we don't care.  And I mean that in the nicest way.  We really don't.  Just like you don't care that I hate bloom on the reticle in Halo Reach.  I knew the game had bloom.  It's not a deal breaker for me, so I enjoy the game.  If it were a deal breaker, I wouldn't play it.  I also wouldn't run around telling people I don't like it.  It's just irrelevant.  Move along.  There's nothing for you to say here.  You don't like the game, and that's fine.  That's good, frankly.  Diversity is important for so many raesons.  We don't need or want everyone playing the same game.

First: OP is giving his opinion.  As am I.  This is what the forums are about.  If you don't like reading other people's opinions, I'd suggest stop reading forums and stick to press releases.

Second, interesting when just months ago you had no problem bashing another recently released game on these forums.  Now that this is your beloved MMO, the rules have changed, eh?

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

How about GW2? 

I can agree with a lot of this, but the moment you said "Raid" I wanted to just scream NO at the screen.

If Raids never showed up in any MMO ever again I wouldn't shed a tear over that annoying concept being dead. Dungeons that are hard for a group of 5-10 players, sure (Not months of preparation though, let's be real less than 1% of gamers really want months of prep to do a single in game thing).

A Raid concept that requires way too many people to then complete the dungeon over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... just to try and get certain items? Hell No!!!!

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

My problem is not progression, or item grind or whatever. 

What i am asking is suggestions from people who share the same bordom as me in endgame, (not people who enjoy this game)

is to find a goal worthwile..

something rewarding ..

Have you thought about attempting to craft a legendary weapon? Do you have 100% world completion (all maps 100%). The sPvP tournament I believe has rankings, but you'd have to find a team of folks to do that with. Did you complete all of your story quests? Have you thought about doing the story quests on a different character, but making different choices this time?

There's a lot to do in the game, but the game isn't exactly made for the hardcore raider type personality either. The more I play, the more evident it becomes that GW2 is for explorers, completionists, and casual gamers (as in people who don't have a ton of time to play).

Additionally, not all games are made for all gamers, seems logical, but there's a lot of folks who can't seem to comprehend that. No game is going to be all things for everyone. Perhaps your enjoyment came from your trip from 1-80, and possibly getting a set of exotic gear.

On the plus side, you can take a break and come back weeks/months later when there's new content patches and /or expansions and find new things to do. The lack of a sub fee is what makes the game so accessible, pretty much to the point where I personally have a single player game mentality towards the game, but with the benefits of it being a mmo.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by evolver1972

Originally posted by grimal Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP is complaining about the lack of character progression in this game. It's some of us have criticized and have been turned off about.  They might as well just had no levels at all since you can basically get all your weapon skills at level ... levels really don't mean fuck all in this game.
    And yet it is something that has been known for at least 2 years.   I swear its like no one researches their game purchases anymore.  If you need Vertical Progression then this game isnt for you.  For the millions of us who no longer subscribe to the WoW model of MMO's GW2 is a godsend.
    Nothing wrong with Horizontal progression (TSW)....or vertical progression like WoW....but the problem is that GW2 is very much so progressionless.... Sure you get some points to use on secondary skills, but you are VERY limited in how many can use at a time. Weapon skills are there right away.  Side quests (jumping, vistas..etc) are the same over and over regardless of zone.  DE's (at least the first 40 levels) are mindless grinds where waves of mobs are killed only to have to kill another mindless wave of mobs.  whether it's stationary or you are protecting someone, it's the same.... I guess the best word for this game is generic and hollow.  There is NO progression.  RPG = Progression...whether it's MMO or just plain RPG....this has the depth of an FPS, but with swords and dragons....  
    You and I disagree on this.  That's fine.  You see a shallow, empty game.  I see an organic, deep game.  To each their own.  Is it safe to assume that since you don't like the game you will stop playing it, and now since you've stated your opinion of it, you'll move on?

My whole point is:  If you don't like the game at all, why continue to worry about it?

Because he paid as much for the game as you. These are MMOs, they are on going and they evolve. In light of recent developments, it's obvious that the game experience you have one day will always be the same going forward. So he has as much right to let the developers (or anyone else who is openly discussing the game) know what he's pleased and displeased about in hopes of getting it changed.

• DwigoDwigo Member UncommonPosts: 51
     Whats with the people trying to say it takes long to get to 80 and 100% completion? WvW maps were the only ones that took a while to complete. Others were easy to get to 100% and getting to 80 did indeed only take about a week or 2. And yes, I do have a life.
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Because he paid as much for the game as you. These are MMOs, they are on going and they evolve. In light of recent developments, it's obvious that the game experience you have one day will always be the same going forward. So he has as much right to let the developers (or anyone else who is openly discussing the game) know what he's pleased and displeased about in hopes of getting it changed.

do you really think they will redesign the core game to be another WoW clone? This ain't SOE yopu know and I think even SOE learned thier lesson with SWG. Seriosly for those whose idea of a perfect game is EQ/WoW design there are a lot of games for them to play. Like I said some of us are glad to see a game that is notr a EQ/WoW clone

I miss DAoC

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

How about GW2? 

Which is one of the best features which were also clear already years before launch if you had cared to read do some research.

I make a decent amount of gold from TP by selling the random drops I can't use. I could farm for them if I wanted to but I don't have to because they happen to appear plentyful in my bags when just enjoying the game.

Only if you make it so. For me it's all about having fun with whatever I'm in the mood for.

There's plenty of waypoints so the running distance is never that big. But have you ever heard of just running past and them mobs resetting after a few meters? I do that succesfully on every class I play, even when going to collect crafting mats. I may have to kill only a few mobs close to a node but that's it.

A lot of players enjoy that and you get mystic coins in other ways as well.

Why you need rewards for exploration? Exploration is there to enjoy because it has gone missing from most other mmo's since 1999'ish.

If they are it's the best joke I ever heard.

Glad my game isn't a job, for me raiding (which I did 4+ nights a week for several years) is just learning the dance steps. Months of preparation? I have yet to see a game of the past decade where there aren't guilds clearing a raid within a few weeks at most in the hardest mode the game has to offer, and only due to raid lock mechanics and resets.

You can make it like that, all the tools to do that are implemented in the game.

Without ranking? Last time I checked I was rank 15. Ah you mean a ranking versus other players? I'm sure that will be implemented because they still have the ambition to become an eSport and are working on features to make that possible as well as there's already a huge price pot available.

No it evens the playing field so that it's skill based instead of time investment (gear grind) based.

I strongly disagree. Just because I got a fulltime job this means I should always be beaten by those slackers that draw money from the state and drink beers from it and kiddos that are still in school?

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Spvp and WvW are about winning. Thats the only gratification I need from those. PVE is about collecting, exploring and fun with my guild and friends.

If you need a constant carrot dangled infront of your face, I feel sorry for you. 

Glad to see some of us still exist in this day and age where victory is enough reward all on it's own.

We're a dying breed.

There's plenty of waypoints so the running distance is never that big. But have you ever heard of just running past and them mobs resetting after a few meters? I do that succesfully on every class I play, even when going to collect crafting mats. I may have to kill only a few mobs close to a node but that's it.

Try to get past those stupid spiders who throw their nest every time. I didnt say you cant tp or avoid 2-3.

But come on im 60 lvls higher freekin spider give me a break i dont want to kill you. Dont be aggro!

A lot of players enjoy that and you get mystic coins in other ways as well.

So you say you enjoyed finding 300 vistas? not bored after the 200 first?

Why you need rewards for exploration? Exploration is there to enjoy because it has gone missing from most other mmo's since 1999'ish.

Every achievement should have a proper reward. Achieving is supposed to mean doing something worthy

If they are it's the best joke I ever heard.

Yea 10 runs for 1 piece of armor OR spend 2g in TP ?

You can make it like that, all the tools to do that are implemented in the game.

Can do that idd but theres no benefit.

Without ranking? Last time I checked I was rank 15. Ah you mean a ranking versus other players? I'm sure that will be implemented because they still have the ambition to become an eSport and are working on features to make that possible as well as there's already a huge price pot available.

I thought i didnt buy beta where important things were to be implemented

No it evens the playing field so that it's skill based instead of time investment (gear grind) based.

That contradicts what you said about dungeons. 

I strongly disagree. Just because I got a fulltime job this means I should always be beaten by those slackers that draw money from the state and drink beers from it and kiddos that are still in school?

You should be beaten by beer drinking slackers or i should get a full time job salary working part time

Every mob is aggro, so you have to kill everything to get pass through an area even if you are 60 lvl higher due to lvl scale. There's plenty of waypoints so the running distance is never that big. But have you ever heard of just running past and them mobs resetting after a few meters? I do that succesfully on every class I play, even when going to collect crafting mats. I may have to kill only a few mobs close to a node but that's it. Try to get past those stupid spiders who throw their nest every time. I didnt say you cant tp or avoid 2-3. But come on im 60 lvls higher freekin spider give me a break i dont want to kill you. Dont be aggro! Jumping around like a goat to get vistas for a mystic coin.  A lot of players enjoy that and you get mystic coins in other ways as well. So you say you enjoyed finding 300 vistas? not bored after the 200 first? Having 100% explored for 50 copper and a blue trash item. Why you need rewards for exploration? Exploration is there to enjoy because it has gone missing from most other mmo's since 1999'ish. Every achievement should have a proper reward. Achieving is supposed to mean doing something worthy Dungeons are a joke and rewards even bigger joke. If they are it's the best joke I ever heard. Yea 10 runs for 1 piece of armor OR spend 2g in TP ? WvW should be about getting a castle with your guild and keep it for a certain amount of time until someone sieges you. (like lineage2) . You can make it like that, all the tools to do that are implemented in the game. Can do that idd but theres no benefit. Spvp without ranking system? i know better looking items...  Without ranking? Last time I checked I was rank 15. Ah you mean a ranking versus other players? I'm sure that will be implemented because they still have the ambition to become an eSport and are working on features to make that possible as well as there's already a huge price pot available. I thought i didnt buy beta where important things were to be implemented Equality ruins every MMO. No it evens the playing field so that it's skill based instead of time investment (gear grind) based. That contradicts what you said about dungeons.  I mean one who is a good player or plays many hours should have more benefits from one who is bad or plays less. I strongly disagree. Just because I got a fulltime job this means I should always be beaten by those slackers that draw money from the state and drink beers from it and kiddos that are still in school? You should be beaten by beer drinking slackers or i should get a full time job salary working part time

Lmao at last sentence!!

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

That contradicts what you said about dungeons. 

No it doesn't. I just said I like dungeons in general, wasn't referring to the rewards. I can see that you're a player playing for the rewards, I on the other hand play for fun instead of getting pixel rewards that will be destroyed the day I stop playing or the game servers go down.

Even in the years I was raiding 4+ full evenings a week I didn't care about the rewards but I liked the challenge, the gear was something I just automatically acquired because I was there every single raid we planned as a guild and I never saw the progression in it, you  get some more of the same stat, or a sidegrade with some other setbonus that might be situationally useful and the new raid just has stuff implemented to counter that so you remain equally powerful.

LNAO at people postring they want another EQ/WoW clone

I miss DAoC

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    People look for meaning in video games? i mean if i am having fun that is all i am looking for.

ahha, tru that!

look for meaning in real life, it's a lot more healthy.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

true but don't be surprised if people don't want the changes you are asking for and are happy with how the game turned out. Forums have always been a very vocal minority so if most people are ingame having fun who are you going to listen to as a developer? Who knows what's best and not? I thought NGE destroyed SWG but sure many wanted those changes. Point is you can't really judge the state of any game and what should or shouldn't be changed by a group of angry people roaming the forums.  This is the sort of vision I like in a dev http://www.arena.net/blog/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success and believe this game is a product of this vision and the future looking forward looks good for this game imho.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Really not sure what the OP is trying to say. 

However, it is worth discussing the direction a game is headed.

Question to the community.  Should a game get easier or harder as time goes on?

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Really not sure what the OP is trying to say. 

However, it is worth discussing the direction a game is headed.

Question to the community.  Should a game get easier or harder as time goes on?

Doesn't matter what community wants. GW2 is game designed for masses. It is not some niche title. So whether we like it or not, GW2 is going to get easier as time goes by.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by FickserU

If you're happy stay, if you're not happy leave.  Remember you heard that here first.

If I am not having fun playing the game, then I am doing something wrong.  Back in the beginning (Dungeons and Dragons) we had to roll our characters; low rolls meant greater challenges in the future.  We did not "re-roll" to make our characters better, we worked harder and had more fun with what we had.  I try to find reason in EVERYTHING that is not "MY" way, those are the challenges.

...and in the end, Just try to have fun :)

Good luck with that message, MMO players nowadays have contracted entitlement sickness... they think because they paid for a game, they should be able to direct its development down to the pixel.  Where did this even come from?  And when?  Games used to be played and people used to compare them, sure, but they didn't curse the devs for not catering to their every whim like some digital chambermaid.  

Fact is, it's much too hard to find another game that suits your tastes, or you know, go to school for programming and make your own MMO with your own team, incorporating your designs into it instead of expecting every game to meet every standard you have.  Inevitably, someone's going to be disappointed with this kind of thinking.  So many people here criticize a game for not being another game when, if they looked around, there are *gasp* other games.  So GW2 is meaningless to you.  Play Tera.  So Tera is meaningless to you.  Play TSW.  So every MMO is meaningless to you.... congratulations, you'll be in good company on these forums.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

How about GW2? 

It definitely is an issue for many people.  I was undergeared when I hit 80 and with the gold it would cost to get just a weapon from my faction, I was able to buy all yellow gear and a weapon.  The sword looks like crap but it's the damage that matters. 

Apparently some crafting professions make money just fine.  I also made gold just farming DEs in Orr for rares and exotics.

I like the idea of focusing on grinding only for cosmetic upgrades.  If it doesn't interest you, as with me, then no grind needed to keep up. 

That's a big pet peeve of mine as well

Totally optional.  No need to complain about it.

PVE needs work in this game.  But they aren't targeting the hardcore raider crowd so don't expect much.

Non elitist model.  Caters to a different crowd.  Probably a mistake by ANet.

Definitely the wrong game for you.  Elitism need not apply.

Sums up your POV quite nicely.