Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meaningless?

R3volv3RR3volv3R Member UncommonPosts: 9

MMorpgs were about continuity, about getting challenged to be better, play more, trying to achieve something that seemed impossible at the begining.

How about GW2? 

You reach 80 in like 10-15 days, u get the best available equipment easier than any other game.

You cant make any money by farming or using the TP (spending 20g to get 21 isnt money making...)

Everything is about dyes and better looking armor as if it is a fashion show.

Every mob is aggro, so you have to kill everything to get pass through an area even if you are 60 lvl higher due to lvl scale.

Jumping around like a goat to get vistas for a mystic coin. 

Having 100% explored for 50 copper and a blue trash item.

Dungeons are a joke and rewards even bigger joke.

No raid bosses that require strategy and months of preparation.

WvW should be about getting a castle with your guild and keep it for a certain amount of time until someone sieges you. (like lineage2) .

Spvp without ranking system? i know better looking items...

Equality ruins every MMO.

I mean one who is a good player or plays many hours should have more benefits from one who is bad or plays less.

Im still searching for an mmo without instances, with decent graphics,strategy, where your actions matter and there are consequences when u kill/die.

Enough with these mainstream carebear games!

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    any game is meaningless if you aren't having fun.. millions of games out there if one isn't your cup of tea it's not hard to move on and find one you like. If you can't find one you like i'd honestly suggest a new hobby

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Not meaningless, but just not enough meaning due of the lack of good story/lore delivery, and skill system. 

I logged in lastnight desperatly trying to have some fun in WvW. About 15 minutes later I was asking myself the same thing, "What for?" To get money to buy sieges, so that I can make a little more money to replace the sieges I lost? To level so that over the next 25 levels I get two or three passive abilities? I logged back off.

These are the two places GW2 has the most room to improve. Improvement of these two things will give some of the meaning that is missing.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by R3volv3R

MMorpgs were about continuity, about getting challenged to be better, play more, trying to achieve something that seemed impossible at the begining.

How about GW2? 

You reach 80 in like 10-15 days, u get the best available equipment easier than any other game.

You cant make any money by farming or using the TP (spending 20g to get 21 isnt money making...)

Every mob is aggro, so you have to kill everything to get pass through an area even if you are 60 lvl higher due to lvl scale.

WvW should be about getting a castle with your guild and keep it for a certain amount of time until someone sieges you. (like lineage2) .

I mean one who is a good player or plays many hours should have more benefits from one who is bad or plays less.

Im still searching for an mmo without instances, with decent graphics,strategy, where your actions matter and there are consequences when u kill/die.

What you are looking for is coming from Asia.

Keep an eye out for Blade & Soul.

(Although it does have instances!)

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    any game is meaningless if you aren't having fun.. millions of games out there if one isn't your cup of tea it's not hard to move on and find one you like. If you can't find one you like i'd honestly suggest a new hobby

These responses are getting old "don't like it F**k off" i mean the man spent his money and should be able to voice his problems with the product.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    People look for meaning in video games? i mean if i am having fun that is all i am looking for.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Nitth

These responses are getting old "don't like it F**k off" i mean the man spent his money and should be able to voice his problems with the product.

Nothing wrong with that, I wasted my money on this turd aswell.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

How about GW2? 

"So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out"

...and the truth will set you free.

Originally posted by bcbully

Not meaningless, but just not enough meaning due o the lack of good story/lore delivery, and skill system. 

I logged in lastnight desperatly trying to have some fun in WvW. About 15 minutes later I was asking myself the same thing. What for. To get money to buy sieges, so that I can make a little more money to replace the sieges I lost? To level so that over the next 25 levels I get two or 3 passive abilities? I logged back off.

again not everyone appreciates the same things.. i'm really enjoying the lore/story of gw2 so far and the skill system as well.. i enjoyed TSW through BETA and couple weeks after but now have no drive to log in or reup my sub.. GW2 my highest character isn't even 40 and have about 160 hours /age highest map completeion is 30%.. highest rank in sPVP is still only 9.. i have a LOT of stuff to do still and drives me to log in everyday.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

not as annoying as your comments.. but that's another thread.. take care:)

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

How do you reach lvl 80 in 10-15 days?

Do you skip school, work, sleep, eat, breathing, taking a shit or what?

Enlighten me. Please.

Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

Enlighten me. Please.

crafting is the fastest way.. but many hit 80 already if you stuck to only a single character and didn't do much sPVP and played a LOT... 

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    I loved the part about raid bosses that require strategy and months of prep. Please tell me what game has that. Scripted raid bosses in any thempark MMO have not and is not challenging. The most challenging part is just getting the raid together.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I feel it's the same old story of "I don't like it" whiners and the "I do like it, but I don't want to read about your whining" from fans.  Yet ANOTHER post from yet another person that felt their individual opinion warranted a whole new thread when there are only a couple dozen of similar threads to post into.

Everyone has opinions and games they like.  Just the way the world works, but coming on this forum every morning and to hear from whining and gnashing of teeth.  It's this way for EVERY launch.... I swear the people are professional whiners and gamers on the side.

But when they feel they should have a thread of their very own there are 2 things at play...

1).  They have an ego the must feed.  They are special and their opinion is new and radical thus deserving of extra attention.

2). They are butt hurt.  They didn't take the time to research, bought the game, and realize now that the ideas in their heads don't match the reality on the screen.  Some of that is ANets fault but a majority of it is their own damned faults.  It was VERY clear what was being delivered.

Consequently, I've been playing since Early Access on my toons, my highest is 26.  I have 2 26, 1 21, 3-4 from 15-20, and a nublet at 4.  Crafting on each is somewhere between the 50-200 range on atleast one craft.  I've done and redone some of the starting areas and am constantly finding new things, new cheats, new laughs.  But this is HOW I play my MMOs.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Spvp and WvW are about winning. Thats the only gratification I need from those. PVE is about collecting, exploring and fun with my guild and friends.

If you need a constant carrot dangled infront of your face, I feel sorry for you. 

Originally posted by lifeordinary

No but seriously you need to stop telling people to stop posting or find another hobby in almsot every post.

This is an open forum not a fan site so people are free to complain and praise GW2 as much as they like.

where did I say he could not voice his opinion in that sentance I wrote?

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

I swear to you... I watched a stream advertised on these forums of a guy playing with just his face and he had a 64 mes and 3 other 20+ toons.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

Enlighten me. Please.

No, that's 3 days.

lol

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Nobody stopped him form telling how he felt..but Aero also has every right to say his opinion..as did you..as did me...Essentially we can all go F**k off equally  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by lifeordinary Originally posted by Aerowyn Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Aerowyn any game is meaningless if you aren't having fun.. millions of games out there if one isn't your cup of tea it's not hard to move on and find one you like. If you can't find one you like i'd honestly suggest a new hobby
    No but seriously you need to stop telling people to stop posting or find another hobby in almsot every post. This is an open forum not a fan site so people are free to complain and praise GW2 as much as they like.  

Probably somewhere between you should play another game and find another hobby :)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Jyiiga

Spvp and WvW are about winning. Thats the only gratification I need from those. PVE is about collecting, exploring and fun with my guild and friends.

If you need a constant carrot dangled infront of your face, I feel sorry for you. 

I don't... people like differn't things.. tons love that form of progression others don't.. I just like having variety of games and glad some are trying new things.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

For me its anet that is making the game meaningless by punishing my efforts and time spent while bots rule the roost nearly unabated..

What we have here resembles the bait and switch of D3 i played and bought one game now its slowly turning into a game post level 80 that i dont care so much for..

Punishing honest game play for any reason is just wrong and its going to bite them in the arse..

Playing GW2..

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

No but seriously you need to stop telling people to stop posting or find another hobby in almsot every post.

This is an open forum not a fan site so people are free to complain and praise GW2 as much as they like.

That is what you are trying to imply by patronizing him. Did he say he wants a new hobby?

Originally posted by Aerowyn any game is meaningless if you aren't having fun.. millions of games out there if one isn't your cup of tea it's not hard to move on and find one you like. If you can't find one you like i'd honestly suggest a new hobby
    No but seriously you need to stop telling people to stop posting or find another hobby in almsot every post. This is an open forum not a fan site so people are free to complain and praise GW2 as much as they like.  

Probably somewhere between you should play another game and find another hobby :)

was just some advice if he wasn't finding what he wanted in GW2.. nowhere did I say don't post or anything.. thanks for taking my words and twisting them though.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

How about GW2? 

First I'd like to say, welcome to MMORPG.com brand new user.   I can see that this issue is important to you since you joined this site for this specific reason.  I love to see new people join these forums.  It's against the rules of the site to have multiple accounts, so I'm sure you don't arleady have an account here.  Welcome!!!

Second, I'd like to say that while I appreciate the passion of your opinion about Guild Wars 2, I do not agree with your conclusions.  I argue that GW2 has no less meaning than any other MMORPG.  Oh, except that in other MMO's (i.e., WoW) I spent months grinding the same dungeons over and over just to get a full set of armor that was renderd meaningless with each next expansion.  All of the people that have been raiding Dragonsoul - get ready - you're about to find out that you wasted your time.  See - my point is that meaning is where you find it.  if you're having fun doing what your'e doing, then great! if not, do something else.  There is nothing wrong with Guild Wars 2 - it's just not for everyone.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Originally posted by apocoluster
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Aerowyn any game is meaningless if you aren't having fun.. millions of games out there if one isn't your cup of tea it's not hard to move on and find one you like. If you can't find one you like i'd honestly suggest a new hobby
    Nobody stopped him form telling how he felt..but Aero also has every right to say his opinion..as did you..as did me...Essentially we can all go F**k off equally  :)

Im all fine with that, but when comments are laced with "now that you have said your piece please leave the game" posts (plural because it has been said before by many posters) It gets old.