Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unholy Wars : What we know so far

13»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm going to check this game out, sounds interesting.

Am I right in guessing the pvp in this game takes the best from;

Eve - skill based, politics, economy driven, high and low security areas but no complete pve areas?

Daoc - big feck off siege battles, simmilar sort of world with open dungeons / no instancing?

& planetside - real time & first person combat?

If so, and its not a buggy mess, might be just the game for me.
  • FaleshFalesh Member UncommonPosts: 78

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I'm going to check this game out, sounds interesting.

Am I right in guessing the pvp in this game takes the best from;

Eve - skill based, politics, economy driven, high and low security areas but no complete pve areas?

Daoc - big feck off siege battles, simmilar sort of world with open dungeons / no instancing?

& planetside - real time & first person combat?

If so, and its not a buggy mess, might be just the game for me.

Pretty much. Politics has a massive role in Darkfall be it overt of covertly making clans/alliances fight each other. The sieges can be anything from small scale to truly epic in size with hundreds of combatants. Combat is FPS style with only manual targeting of spells, melee and archery. As a side note Archery is my love in Darkfall as the arrows have a travel speed, an arc and go exactly where you aim. This makes shooting enemies a real joy.

With regards to bugs you can be pretty confident in the games solidity as they have had three and a half years of experience and are properly funded now.

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    This is going to be so epic, can not wait!

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    Want to play.  Want to play.  Want to play.  Sorry, I really enjoy Darkfall but I can't wait for Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112

It was really pleasing to read that older gamers does'nt need to buy it; I have 3 accounts. This means I can give 2 away when I return. Which means no fear of wasting any money on a game that I might not like :)

If there was something about the subscription fee; I missed it. Anyone knows what that will be? Another thing I wonder about too is if it will be "like" DF1 where you almost "had" to have a 2nd account to harvest/mine with or do some other uninteresting afk grind just to be able to keep up or be self sufficient?