Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's going on with money making nerfs?

12346»

Comments

• lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43

the very best part

people have made 1000s of gold "exploiting" report what and how they do it to anet

get to keep the money loot items

and then anet fixes the problem so other cant do it

wasnt sure what to think when i seen that

still a fan and no i dont care they made the loot legit or not

intersting seems the best way to play some of these new games is to rush as fast as you can to get everything you can before it gets nerfed

seems completely against what people want and what developers claiming they want or what not

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Haha too much drama. Just bounce between two paths if you're so deadlocked on dungeon farming.

And apparently the "You're playing it wrong" expression is shocking to some. Games are designed to be played a certain way. GW2 already has merits for allowing the player to play the game in many ways than one. It can only cater to a limted number of play styles. If your playstyle does not yield optimum results don't blame the game, especially when there are other people who are getting optimum results. If you're not willing to adpat a different playstyle than your own, then GW2 is not for you and you should start hitting the road.

And forget the "Play the way you want to play" expression too. You can't take it literally. It was said in a specific context. It's unfortunate that you fell for it.

• lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Haha too much drama. Just bounce between two paths if you're so deadlocked on dungeon farming.

doesnt work least currently

just like changing zones or events doesnt work once you hit the cap

you either wait or get bad loot rewards karma for the rest of your play time

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

And apparently the "You're playing it wrong" expression is shocking to some. Games are designed to be played a certain way. 

Rofl was waiting when "you are playing it wrong (tm)" comes image Thank you!

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Piiritus

And apparently the "You're playing it wrong" expression is shocking to some. Games are designed to be played a certain way. 

Rofl was waiting when "you are playing it wrong (tm)" comes image Thank you!

It actually started here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365280/page/9

Consult Tardcore.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

In short all games restrict rewards to drive their revenue model.  At least be genuine in your crticism.

That is complete BS.  P2P games don't have the incentive to do so, and WOW is a prime example.    P2W games on the other hand, are forced to include " restrictions " so there is a way to monetize the game mechanic.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by william0532

YES^ This was the way to play the game, they fixed it. I'm a grinder, and I will do this for a month straight to have as much gold as humanely possible. The fix is for tweekers like me, that force me to go play the game as opposed to grinding non stop. I get it, it's quasi irritating to have my exploit snatched from me, but at the end of the day I'm glad they make smart decisions like this. The last game I played(swtor), they took forever to fix exploits(i looted a chest in an operation for about 4 million credits lol, I was dissappointed when bioware fixed it, but it was still the right call lol, especially since I was about the last person on the server to know about the exploit)

Beating farming habits is good for gaming, period.

Well, it depends on the context.

• If all you want to do in GW2 is WvW and Anet says, no can't do that without getting penalised because we want you do other stuff as well, who's in the right.
    • If all I want to do is run dungeons and the team I run became good enough for them, why penalise me for it?
    •  If your most enjoyable activity is crafting, why put diminishing returns on gathering?
    • If you like roaming the world, why put diminishing returns on dynamic events?
    There are mmorpgs out there that I hardly touched their PvE part and others that I hardly touched their PvP. Do you think the developers will keep me playing if they insist on what activity I should engage in and penalise the one I enjoy?

Originally posted by thinktank001
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

In short all games restrict rewards to drive their revenue model.  At least be genuine in your crticism.

That is complete BS.  P2P games don't have the incentive to do so, and WOW is a prime example.    P2W games on the other hand, are forced to include " restrictions " so there is a way to monetize the game mechanic.

Gem prices have gone up by at least 25% this week, which means that less people are buying them with RL money or in smaller quantities. What is happening is that Anet is trying to strive a balance. They want you to get just enough gold from the game that you won't complain, but not enough, so you chip in the cash shop at regular intervals. People were not supposed to become independant of the gem market and definitely not this fast.

As for WoW and P2P games in general, they don't need big money sinks, because there is only one way to gain legitimate revenue, playing the game. In cash shop games like GW2 however, wealth is injected legitimately from the shop, so bigger money sinks need to be implemented, both to use the excess and make the cash shop relevant.

Of course, P2P games are also plagued by ilegitimate means of getting wealth. But these are hunted, not only because the developers make no money from them, but also because the money sinks in P2P can't deal with such excessive wealth and it is possible to break the game market..

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,809

Originally posted by lunarwitch00
    Originally posted by KhinRunite Haha too much drama. Just bounce between two paths if you're so deadlocked on dungeon farming.
    doesnt work least currently

just like changing zones or events doesnt work once you hit the cap

you either wait or get bad loot rewards karma for the rest of your play time

And even if it did work where are you going to go?

You complete CoF path #2, so now you do one of the other paths right? Wrong!

The last boss in CoF path #1 is nearly unkillable and in CoF #3 you dont get credit for finishing the dungeon after you beat last boss.

So, go to a different dungeon right? How about HotW? Wrong!
    The last boss of HotW path #1 most of the time wont even be there. Didnt do the other 2 paths to HotW because I figured they'd be bugged in some way too.

ArenaNet really has their priorities in the right place dont they? If people find some way to make easy gold they are right on it. Dungeons being bugged so you cant complete them? It can wait.

Ive also seen that ArenaNet is taking down Youtube videos. If you post a video on Youtube on easy ways to make gold they will contest it and have it taken down. Classy stuff.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by C1d0s

Your reply is humorous because this patch was initiated to combat the speed-runners. Saying you don't care about why the patch was put it out, then complaining that people don't like it, is essentially getting your feathers ruffled for absolutely no reason.

If you don't care about the speed-runners, then go do your monotonous dungeons for an entirely unsubstantial reward and claim it was totally "fun".

The sheer fact this game has SO much grinding, and that ANET is dead-set on making the grind as insufferable as possible, doesn't bode well for the future. So far, they've done nothing but make decisions that are entirely anti-casual, anti-fun, and all for what? Allegedly, to keep farmers from ruining their precious economy.

How is GW2 anti casual? You can get max gear after hitting 80 in less than 2 weeks. Even with the current changes. If you want that uber looking armor, well grind for it, just like you did in GW1. I really don't freaking get it.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by kiersteadmo I wanted to give my 2 copper on this, when the game was released massive guilds paid for gems and transfered to gold. At that time 4000 gems was worth 14 gold 50 silver. That is a ton. If you look now 4000 gems is not even close to 8 gold now.  peopel then started buying karma items and selling them on the ah, Anet kinda messed up here. When they made karma cooking items and other items bound on account it never represented the ones that was purchased before. I had over 2000 of an item and when i went to sell them 250 was worth over 3g because the price sky rocketed. When they allowed faction armor to be sold at 20 silver for lvlv 80 gear many of us bought gems to buy a ton and break them down for ectoplasms and ori ore. That was the 1st day the game came out. The thign with the high end game instances we knew was goignt o get nerfed, you could skip 1 -2 bosses at a time and do them in under 30 minutes. and that was 25 silver a pop plus gear and your tokens for end game armor and weps.   so peopel tried everythign they could to juke the systems and it doe seffect the bottom line for Anet. They want you to use the cash shop as much as possible. That why black lion keys are bound and cant be sold, they are extremely rare drops and the chest sell for 2 copper.   
    I don't see how putting in anti-farming code enourages gem sales. I don't see how Chest enourage gem sales. The rewards from the chest are worthless, gold is easy to come by even with the anti-farming code (hint, spread yourself around a little bit)

Originally posted by thinktank001

Originally posted by Torvaldr   In short all games restrict rewards to drive their revenue model.  At least be genuine in your crticism.

WoW adds in layers of grind to keep you sububed. And its not about P2W with GW2 or the cash shop. GW1 had anti-farming code as well. Guess what, GW1 didn't even have a cash shop. SHOCKING I KNOW!

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher