Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's going on with money making nerfs?

Comments

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Pixilated

This is ALL about their CA$H Shop !!! Period  end of effin story!

Anything you can figure out how to make easy gold in this game

will get nerf'ed ! This is the new P2W but it's really P4T=Pay4Time.

Either get ready to grind your ass off for anything that costs gold

in game or buy Gems. They ain't sellin enuff gems so they'll cripple the

ecomony !!!

thats not true. if you personally figure out how to make gold easily yourself, dont tell anyone about it and it wont get nerfed. If you just follow the flavor of the month gold farming exploit that everyone is doing of course it will get nerfed.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    Originally posted by Pixilated

This is ALL about their CA$H Shop !!! Period  end of effin story!

Anything you can figure out how to make easy gold in this game

will get nerf'ed ! This is the new P2W but it's really P4T=Pay4Time.

Either get ready to grind your ass off for anything that costs gold

in game or buy Gems. They ain't sellin enuff gems so they'll cripple the

ecomony !!!

thats not true. if you personally figure out how to make gold easily yourself, dont tell anyone about it and it wont get nerfed. If you just follow the flavor of the month gold farming exploit that everyone is doing of course it will get nerfed.

QFT

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    People were making money hand over fist by running 1 path of a dungeon only half way and repeating, getting more gold an hr than intended by the system. ANET put in an anti-farming code (JUST LIKE GW1) into the dungeon system. People are pissed because they can't do speed runs over and over again. QQ insues. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43

to bad its affecting  players

leveling up

not doing dungeons

the "anti farm code" isnt limited to only dungeons

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I don't care much tbh... I get really bored farming pretend money tbh.

I have enough put aside from simple play to make my legendary armour and weapon for my main, and I haven't even run any dungeons yet aside from story mode.

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    I applaud ANet for taking exploits seriously, unlike 90% of MMOs currently with their ridiculusly effed up economies. (WoW being a fine top example.)
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    threads deleted..

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43

so farming is exploiting playing the game longer than an hour is exploit doing the same dungeon is exploit

doing events is exploit

you cant even go through a single event chain at 80 without hitting the cap

and as i said up there^

its also affecting low leveling trying to level up doing events

sorry im going there

see what happen to diablo 3

tons of people who left that game for the exact reasons and things guild wars 2 is doing

i dont think what anets doing is bad but the system shouldnt punish real players

once again bots dont notice it most got mulitple accounts anyways

all i gotta say

delete this mess is right

Originally posted by lunarwitch00

leveling up

not doing dungeons

Sometimes when you fix one issue, it breaks another. Chances are, the exp getting hit with diminishing returns was a programing oversight. I expect it to be corrected. HOWEVER, the way the system was explained, a normal player should never be hit with diminshing returns since. If you are constantly doing different content, the anti-farming algorithm shouldn't kick in. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

so farming is exploiting playing the game longer than an hour is exploit doing the same dungeon is exploit

doing events is exploit

you cant even go through a single event chain at 80 without hitting the cap

and as i said up there^

its also affecting low leveling trying to level up doing events

sorry im going there

see what happen to diablo 3

tons of people who left that game for the exact reasons and things guild wars 2 is doing

i dont think what anets doing is bad but the system shouldnt punish real players

once again bots dont notice it most got mulitple accounts anyways

all i gotta say

delete this mess is right

So much for fun if you are a gamer that enjoys doing the same non dungeon cycle over a few times as having diminishing loot returns outside of dungeons is just crap and greatly reduce the enjoyablity of certain campy/roleplaying playstyles..

Players should not be forced to have to try and watch timers and or do other things they may not want to do in order to drop decent loot for their time spent if anet keeps going at this rate its going to be easy for many to say this is not fun anymore..

pigeonholing is never the answer and is whats wrong with every other game..

EDIT:

I should point out that i am not a fan of player made pigeonholing either to where players only flock to a few most profitable events that are always active while other events dont have enough help..

However diminishing returns and pigeonholing across the board is still a kneejerk reaction that takes away from the freedom to both have fun and profit adequately in the game by doing what you like best with the time you spend.

Playing GW2..

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

And this is what happens when the cash flow of the company is dependant on selling gold to the players.

/me laugs while playing subscription based games.

Originally posted by tyfon

And this is what happens when the cash flow of the company is dependant on selling gold to the players.

/me laugs while playing subscription based games.

You never played GW1 did you. GW1 HAD ANTI FARMING CODE PRIOR TO CASH SHOP!! 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by xpiher

leveling up

not doing dungeons

Sometimes when you fix one issue, it breaks another. Chances are, the exp getting hit with diminishing returns was a programing oversight. I expect it to be corrected. HOWEVER, the way the system was explained, a normal player should never be hit with diminshing returns since. If you are constantly doing different content, the anti-farming algorithm shouldn't kick in. 

Really? So for example when I farm bandits, centaurs, or moas for specific cooking crafting drops (butter, chocolate, eggs) its ok for me to be penalised because I'm not running around like an ADHD addled moron but instead focusing on specific mobs that drop what I need? That's rich. Thanks A-net for letting the gold sellers tell you and the rest of us how we are to play the game.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by Tardcore

leveling up

not doing dungeons

Really? So for example when I farm bandits, centaurs, or moas for specific cooking crafting drops (butter, chocolate, eggs) its ok for me to be penalised because I'm not running around like an ADHD addled moron but instead focusing on specific mobs that drop what I need? That's rich. Thanks A-net for letting the gold sellers tell you and the rest of us how we are to play the game.

They only want you to play the game "the right way". They really do have your best interests in mind.

(that one felt better)

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

Gee what a surprise, a game who's revenue model is based on cash shop sales, takes measures to insure that players have no in game alternative that does not invovle massive grind.  Who would have thunk it?

The further in we get with GW2, the more clearly it strickly adheres to standard cash shop based game practices that leave you little choice but to pony up to buy gold from the cash shop.

Between repair bills, waypoint costs and limiting how much players can 'farm', Anet insures that the cash shop is the only viable alternative to acquire anything without massive grind.  For a game that plastered 'no grind' PR all over the media, GW2 is just another 'me too'  in the world of cash shop based games which offers two choices, grind or cash shop.

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

leveling up

not doing dungeons

They only want you to play the game "the right way". They really do have your best interests in mind.

(that one felt better)

Wait ....... I'm playing it W R O N G !!??

AW DAMN IT!!!!!

Originally posted by ennymith

Gee what a surprise, a game who's revenue model is based on cash shop sales, takes measures to insure that players have no in game alternative that does not invovle massive grind.  Who would have thunk it?

The further in we get with GW2, the more clearly it strickly adheres to standard cash shop based game practices that leave you little choice but to pony up to buy gold from the cash shop.

Between repair bills, waypoint costs and limiting how much players can 'farm', Anet insures that the cash shop is the only viable alternative to acquire anything without massive grind.  For a game that plastered 'no grind' PR all over the media, GW2 is just another 'me too'  in the world of cash shop based games which offers two choices, grind or cash shop.

Whoa! Its my evil twin!!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Don't steal identities, guys. It's worse than insulting prophets.

p.s. Hi Tardcore. Glad to see you alive and kicking. <3

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by ennymith

what a BS talking

if you were lvl 80 you would have alot of ways to get your gold

i was doing WvW yesterday and made about 10g!!!

these 10g is enough to buy an exotic set

this is not WoW where they throw gold at you, you need to work a bit

Originally posted by DarkPony

YOU!!??

WTF HAVE YOU

BEEN MAN!!??

. . . . Er . . . I mean yeah, likewise

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

I have a serious issue with the diminishing returns on farming the same mobs. I farm the same type of mobs when I need a particular drop for crafting. Example.. I need cloth, I kill bandits. I can't kill bandits for more than 40 minutes before the drop rate practically drops to zero. That my friends is ridiculous and inexcusable in my book. I am not a gd bot.

This is the first thing that has made me want to say FU Anet. 

Exploiter!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    This is a very positive change, gl farming 20-30 times in a row ;)
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

The fourth sign of the apocalypse:

PONY IS BACK!!!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

As a non-player, there's only one thing that puzzles me about the general content of this thread: "In a game where gear is said to be relatively trivial, why are so many players focused on making heaps of gold in the quickest possible time ? What do they need it for ?"

What happened to: "GW2 is all about the fun of playing, not grinding for upgrades" ?

When people start to organise "speed runs" for dungeons and instances, it certainly sounds like they're grinding...

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

YOU!!??

WTF HAVE YOU

BEEN MAN!!??

. . . . Er . . . I mean yeah, likewise

I am on a mission from god. He instructed me to spend my free time making a kick-ass armor mod for Skyrim rather than waste my time telling people "I told you so" on the mmorpg.com GW2 section. ^_^