Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chanters really nerfed?

MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
I have an Asimodian Chanter at lvl15 right now. Im really enjoying the game but I am primarily a solo pve'er and I hear that I will not be able to defend myself while soloing in 1v1 pvp vs almost all classes once I have to pve in pvp zones. Furthermore, being a melee class, I will get kited to sh!t and not even be able to get kills if people decide to fly away. Is this true? Once I get my speed buff will I at least be able to run away or force people to fight?  I may reroll an Elyos Cleric or Spiritmaster on a diff server if I have to(cant bear to do Asimodian PVE content again).

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

Comments

• NortonGBNortonGB Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by MMORPDEATH
    I have an Asimodian Chanter at lvl15 right now. Im really enjoying the game but I am primarily a solo pve'er and I hear that I will not be able to defend myself while soloing in 1v1 pvp vs almost all classes once I have to pve in pvp zones. Furthermore, being a melee class, I will get kited to sh!t and not even be able to get kills if people decide to fly away. Is this true? Once I get my speed buff will I at least be able to run away or force people to fight?  I may reroll an Elyos Cleric or Spiritmaster on a diff server if I have to(cant bear to do Asimodian PVE content again).

In the earlier levels a chanter is best used as a solo hybrid PVE class with some self or useful group healing skills. There are other classes such as sin, ranger or sorc with better dps so it's not going to good at PvP until you get better equipped armor with lvl55 or 60e ap gear and godstone in your weapon.

Since 3.0 they have a new very effective lvl60 skill called "annihilation" that makes the dps stigma greater tree very effective also the best support buffs and mantras like WOW (Word of Wind), Defeating a skilled top chanter is now quite hard so if you can live with dieing or losing a lot in the earlier levels it will eventually pay off as you reach lvl60 in about 3-6 months play.

Good hunting!