Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So almost a month has gone by

Comments

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

At no point has GW2 grabbed me and made me say "I can't wait until I get home from work to log in!".  Instead I constantly force myself to log in and do some stuff and when I've logged out I feel like I wasted time as I didn't have any fun moments, just random accomplishments.

If you haven't quit by now, you have a serious problem - and I doubt it's only related to GW2.

I'm still waiting for any rational and valid reason from any of the "ex-DAoC" fans here about why DAoC's RvR was so much better than GW2. I think I'm going to wait a long time... specially since they can't fool me considering I've played DAoC too.

Well I never played DAOC but from what I have heard and seen in video's  DAOC RvR is better than GW2 WvW for a simple reason.  The reason is that WvW Resets every few days/weeks and DAOC RvR was not reset.

I could be wrong but that is what I think the main reason is.  In DAOC RvR if your side took a keep, it was your keep till someone took it back.  In GW2 WvW if your side takes a keep, it is yours until you lose it or the WvW is reset.

Sooner or Later

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

A month already? Well time goes faster when you are having fun I guess :)

I'm roughly at 50% of the content so still plenty to do. Once I get 100% I'm making alts of other races to see their story.

By that time I hope expansion will come, until then WvW and PvP will be my friends. I might even try getting a legendary.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Tenkousei

Hit 80 yesterday and i'm trying to figure out what i'm supposed to do. I figured i'd start farming karma for the 42K gear as i don't have the time to go and farm tokens in EM dungeons (i can't afford to spend 2 - 3 hours in dungeons).  The combat is getting on my nerves though, pressing four keys gets boring fast. I wish they'd change the system to something that is more like TERA (i know a lot of people don't like that style of combat, but to me it's the best on the market).

Still need to finish my story quest though.

Just a little article that might help you. There isn't a lot of reading and he may give you a couple ideas. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

Well I never played DAOC but from what I have heard and seen in video's  DAOC RvR is better than GW2 WvW for a simple reason.  The reason is that WvW Resets every few days/weeks and DAOC RvR was not reset.

I could be wrong but that is what I think the main reason is.  In DAOC RvR if your side took a keep, it was your keep till someone took it back.  In GW2 WvW if your side takes a keep, it is yours until you lose it or the WvW is reset.

And you pretty much listed one of the major reason why DAoC's RvR was broken. People owning keeps would be those who would be able to dismiss sleeping the longest - mostly organized guilds with people online 24/24. Also, if one side was utterly disadvantaged, there would be no reset and balancing, you would be on the losing side forever.

If anything, you just listed the reasons why GW2's W3 is much better than DAoC's RvR ever was... they took DAoC, and perfected it.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• LorkiiLorkii Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Lorkii

One of my favorite games ever is shadowbane, another is Planetside1 and now 2, DAOC, was my all time favorite, and guess what you never had much gear grind in it s early years, it had a quest chain to end level to get an Epic set of gear. As you can see, These aren t gear grind games, well DAOC sorta did, but not really, shadowbane not really, there was farming to do, but no different then harvesting. Planetside has none at all, advancement in levels and certs. I went into GW2 hoping it had WvW at least 10% as good as DAOC RvR, or Planetside, nope not even close. I was hoping DEs improved the experience of leveling, and I can safely say to me anyways, it has made it worse.

Now that I ve shown I really don t care if I gear grind, I can safely say, in the last 10 years GW2 is the worst MMO experience I ve had, and I ve tried alot of games. It s simply that 1. It was overhyped beyond beleif. 2. It s not as revolutionary as some like to think. and 3. Some people are just not going to like it. Simple as that.

And in all those years, you still didn't manage to learn the difference between "many" and "all".

But while we are at it, please tell me what made DAoC "RvR" so much better than GW2 "W3". I've played both too, so don't try to fool me, please give me an honest answer.

Real class definitions. Keep takes that weren t just spam fest of AOE.  An enemy I actually hated, not some random server. Different classes from my own realm, made for diverse battles, not just "we have a bigger force now out dps them" Relics that mean something, not just insignificant orbs. A dungeon that opens with amazing loot and pvp if you own more keeps/later towers. I could go on and on, but the biggest to me, is that in GW2 I feel so unconnected to my character, as well no one well alot don t care about their server, it makes the WvW, just a joke compared to DAOC, where almost everyone, cared about their realm, and I felt extremely connected to my chars.

I realize now it s not the same, but I still like it better then GW2 WvW by a long shot. I know you re convinced GW2 is the best thing ever, so it wouldn t matter what I say. You see to me it s not, thats all that matters. As goes with DAOC, theres nothing and I mean nothing you can say to make me think GW2 has good RvR in comparison to DAOC.

I hope thats a honest enough answer .

To the "many" and "all" comment, I was referring to some examples, not all games. I ve played many gear grind games and have loved many, but to be an ass you had to say that, kinda pissy like a little girl response. Any adult would understand those examples I gave didn t mean all.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

At no point has GW2 grabbed me and made me say "I can't wait until I get home from work to log in!".  Instead I constantly force myself to log in and do some stuff and when I've logged out I feel like I wasted time as I didn't have any fun moments, just random accomplishments.

If you haven't quit by now, you have a serious problem - and I doubt it's only related to GW2.

I'm still waiting for any rational and valid reason from any of the "ex-DAoC" fans here about why DAoC's RvR was so much better than GW2. I think I'm going to wait a long time... specially since they can't fool me considering I've played DAoC too.

The issue with GW2 to reset every 2 weeks is to balance servers out so equality is met. It would get pretty old if server "A" was always in control. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

And you pretty much listed one of the major reason why DAoC's RvR was broken. People owning keeps would be those who would be able to dismiss sleeping the longest - mostly organized guilds with people online 24/24. Also, if one side was utterly disadvantaged, there would be no reset and balancing, you would be on the losing side forever.

If anything, you just listed the reasons why GW2's W3 is much better than DAoC's RvR ever was... they took DAoC, and perfected it.

If you actually played DAoC you'd know all the things that are wrong with your comment.

Long-time DAoC players will know, others probably won't care anyway :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Everyone is entitles to their opinions, but in mine I can t stop laughing. Perfected DAOC RvR. OMG too funny. Guys lets take that keep, ok, do we know how many defenders there are. Ya about 20. Ok we have 30 not a problem at all. As far as people owning keeps goes in DAOC, your comments are BS. Our guild had 12 people total, and could take keeps with ease. Resetting is another point you bring up, why DAOCs RvR is way better. Really lets take a perpetual battle and stop it, to reset it. Lol, take the 2 losing sides and fight the winning side. In DAOC we swallowed our pride many times and sorta helped the other minority side take down the bigger force. It balanced itself out and the ebb and flow of relic holders changed from time to time. You can t get a feeling for hatred for your enemies wth this stupid resetting crap. A Net has tried to better  DAOCs RvR, but failed in so many ways, it hurts when people put them in the same sentence.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Tenkousei

Hit 80 yesterday and i'm trying to figure out what i'm supposed to do. I figured i'd start farming karma for the 42K gear as i don't have the time to go and farm tokens in EM dungeons (i can't afford to spend 2 - 3 hours in dungeons).  The combat is getting on my nerves though, pressing four keys gets boring fast. I wish they'd change the system to something that is more like TERA (i know a lot of people don't like that style of combat, but to me it's the best on the market).

Still need to finish my story quest though.

Just a little article that might help you. There isn't a lot of reading and he may give you a couple ideas. 

... its basically common sense... much of which can be applied to every single game out there. 100% explorer is something you can do on every single game... 

Anyways, simply put: WvW is an option if you want to take advantage of your levels... otherwise... just all there really is to do is grinding, whether its grinding for crafting goods or grinding karma or dungeons.  

Real class definitions. Keep takes that weren t just spam fest of AOE.  An enemy I actually hated, not some random server. Different classes from my own realm, made for diverse battles, not just "we have a bigger force now out dps them" Relics that mean something, not just insignificant orbs. A dungeon that opens with amazing loot and pvp if you own more keeps/later towers.

I told you not to try to fool me since I played DAoC, but you still tried...

Class definition and no spam fest. LOL! DAoC was crowd control spam fest! Mezz for the win! You GOT to be kidding me here, or your rose colored glasses are really thick. DAoC's PvP was actually a poorly balanced CC spam fest. GW2's balance is miles above that - first reason being every opponent has access to the same classes.

The "single enemy you hated" (I must say I laughted at the word "hated" concerning a video game, but whatever...) was also the source of the worse part of DAoC's RvR... you were on the losing side? Welcome on the losing side for a long time, if not forever. GW2 fixes that. And I personally have no problems with "hatred"... it's red, it's bad, it's bad, it's dead. Good enough. I actually thank ANet for adding realm balancing by switching servers so I'm not always on the same losing or winning side.

If you think winnning in W3 means nothing, then you may document yourself better about the game. It's actually much better than owning any relic has ever been - and you can also get very interesting guild specific bonuses. Learn to play issue here - or rather, document yourself before you bash the game issue.

The dungeon in DAoC was added way later, after the launch. But if you want fun in GW2 with similar content, you already have the jumping puzzles where you can actually hinter the enemy's progress too, and which have very nice rewards.

Seriously... image

Guys lets take that keep, ok, do we know how many defenders there are. Ya about 20. Ok we have 30 not a problem at all.

If you think that having more people on your side in GW2 will allow you to easily take a keep, then I thank you for making it obvious that you don't have the start of a clue of what you are talking about.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Real class definitions. Keep takes that weren t just spam fest of AOE.  An enemy I actually hated, not some random server. Different classes from my own realm, made for diverse battles, not just "we have a bigger force now out dps them" Relics that mean something, not just insignificant orbs. A dungeon that opens with amazing loot and pvp if you own more keeps/later towers.

I told you not to try to fool me since I played DAoC, but you still tried...

Class definition and no spam fest. LOL! DAoC was crowd control spam fest! Mezz for the win! You GOT to be kidding me here, or your rose colored glasses are really thick. DAoC's PvP was actually a poorly balanced CC spam fest. GW2's balance is miles above that - first reason being every opponent has access to the same classes.

The "single enemy you hated" (I must say I laughted at the word "hated" concerning a video game, but whatever...) was also the source of the worse part of DAoC's RvR... you were on the losing side? Welcome on the losing side for a long time, if not forever. GW2 fixes that. And I personally have no problems with "hatred"... it's red, it's bad, it's bad, it's dead. Good enough. I actually thank ANet for adding realm balancing by switching servers so I'm not always on the same losing or winning side.

If you think winnning in W3 means nothing, then you may document yourself better about the game. It's actually much better than owning any relic has ever been - and you can also get very interesting guild specific bonuses. Learn to play issue here - or rather, document yourself before you bash the game issue.

The dungeon in DAoC was added way later, after the launch. But if you want fun in GW2 with similar content, you already have the jumping puzzles where you can actually hinter the enemy's progress too, and which have very nice rewards.

Seriously... image

Guys lets take that keep, ok, do we know how many defenders there are. Ya about 20. Ok we have 30 not a problem at all.

If you think that having more people on your side in GW2 will allow you to easily take a keep, then I thank you for making it obvious that you don't have the start of a clue of what you are talking about.

PS: I don't need "hated" towards my enemies to fight in PvP. It's red, it's bad, it'd bad, it's dead. Nothing more is needed, and it's in all good fun against likeminded opponents. If you need "hatred" to play PvP and win, then you also may need some professional help - just saying.

I do know what I m talking about, All you need is a few more numbers. Every single time we outnumbered the other side, be it a few or alot more we took it. Say what you will, it happened. People were actually laughing in map chat how easy it is to take keeps in GW2.

I won't even comment anymore on the hillarious comments about DAoC's CC - MANY people who otherwise loved DAoC acknowledge the CC in that game was stupidly out of control and overpowered. But I guess it's hard to get rid of those glasses...

I do know what I m talking about, All you need is a few more numbers. Every single time we outnumbered the other side, be it a few or alot more we took it. Say what you will, it happened. People were actually laughing in map chat how easy it is to take keeps in GW2.

Your opponents were idiots then - not a good reason to make generalizations. Remember DAoC at launch? Most people didn't have a clue either.

You can definitely hold a keep while being outnumbered, if you know what you're doing. But that would require adapting to a new game, something many ex-DAoC players are apparently unable to do. The persons in the keep have the "higher ground" advantage - if they are too stupid to take advantage if it, it's not the games fault.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

Everyone is entitles to their opinions, but in mine I can t stop laughing. Perfected DAOC RvR. OMG too funny. Guys lets take that keep, ok, do we know how many defenders there are. Ya about 20. Ok we have 30 not a problem at all. As far as people owning keeps goes in DAOC, your comments are BS. Our guild had 12 people total, and could take keeps with ease. Resetting is another point you bring up, why DAOCs RvR is way better. Really lets take a perpetual battle and stop it, to reset it. Lol, take the 2 losing sides and fight the winning side. In DAOC we swallowed our pride many times and sorta helped the other minority side take down the bigger force. It balanced itself out and the ebb and flow of relic holders changed from time to time. You can t get a feeling for hatred for your enemies wth this stupid resetting crap. A Net has tried to better  DAOCs RvR, but failed in so many ways, it hurts when people put them in the same sentence.

Well lets consider GW2 if they didn't reset.

Transfers are free and easy right now. If your team isn't winning, or you hate your server, then you go to a new server. If they never reset and your team would constantly be at a disadvantage, almost everyone would ship off servers to go to winning ones. This would cause servers to become empty and barren and then not only would the server who is winning be worse off, since they would be fighting noone since they won't reset it, but everyone left on the other server would want to switch or not play WvW due to being basically spawn camped since the server winning will own everything and have nothing better to do.

WG was a huge failure in WoW due to the one sided fights since most servers were always one faction, and the other was lacking. They had to fix this by making it condensed to a small amount of players and giving a massive buff to the lacking team. Would you honestly want WvW queues to be longer? The WvW servers that are winning would have longer and longer queues as more people started shipping boat.

Not sure how resets are a bad decision, but then again, I doubt you could ever say anything good about GW2, so you can keep your opinion.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

Still having a blast.

Max toon is 55, so a whole lot left to do and see.

Max toon is 80 and I STILL feel like there's a whole bunch to do ^^

Can't wait for crystal desert and ring of fire isles to be released

I won't even comment anymore on the hillarious comments about DAoC's CC - MANY people who otherwise loved DAoC acknowledge the CC in that game was stupidly out of control and overpowered. But I guess it's hard to get rid of those glasses...

Your opponents were idiots then - not a good reason to make generalizations. Remember DAoC at launch? Most people didn't have a clue either.

You can definitely hold a keep while being outnumbered, if you know what you're doing. But that would require adapting to a new game, something many ex-DAoC players are apparently unable to do. The persons in the keep have the "higher ground" advantage - if they are too stupid to take advantage if it, it's not the games fault.

Won t comment anymore, i thought so. I ll explain. Using Mid classes as I know them best. You identify the cc class, you take a SKALD, use a interupt, hit sprint, while using another interupt, you stop the CC from going off. It s not a matter of CC being a spam fest, it s a matter of how you play your class, and know the enemy. You can argue it all day, but if you had a clue you could stop the CC almost everytime. There were many other classes that could do this. Thanes, 2 instants, Shamans, AOE root, disease, dot, which was very effective, the dot interupted casting.

Youre comments on higher ground advantage is moot, if you outnumbewr them and with all it s class diversity, you spam with rangers and eles, you win. It really doesn t make a difference defending unless you have at least the same amount of aoe spammers.

Originally posted by eggy08

Transfers are free and easy right now. If your team isn't winning, or you hate your server, then you go to a new server. If they never reset and your team would constantly be at a disadvantage, almost everyone would ship off servers to go to winning ones. This would cause servers to become empty and barren and then not only would the server who is winning be worse off, since they would be fighting noone since they won't reset it, but everyone left on the other server would want to switch or not play WvW due to being basically spawn camped since the server winning will own everything and have nothing better to do.

WG was a huge failure in WoW due to the one sided fights since most servers were always one faction, and the other was lacking. They had to fix this by making it condensed to a small amount of players and giving a massive buff to the lacking team. Would you honestly want WvW queues to be longer? The WvW servers that are winning would have longer and longer queues as more people started shipping boat.

Not sure how resets are a bad decision, but then again, I doubt you could ever say anything good about GW2, so you can keep your opinion.

As I said, if you had persistant servers/enemies you fought, the ebb and flow will change. You just have to learn to fight with the other weak team at first. It will always balance itself out. I ll keep my opinion, but I will also share it when people are talking out their asses.

Won t comment anymore, i thought so. I ll explain. Using Mid classes as I know them best. You identify the cc class, you take a SKALD, use a interupt, hit sprint, while using another interupt, you stop the CC from going off. It s not a matter of CC being a spam fest, it s a matter of how you play your class, and know the enemy. You can argue it all day, but if you had a clue you could stop the CC almost everytime. There were many other classes that could do this. Thanes, 2 instants, Shamans, AOE root, disease, dot, which was very effective, the dot interupted casting.

Science fiction is nice. Can be entertaining when well written. Not the case here though.

Youre comments on higher ground advantage is moot, if you outnumbewr them and with all it s class diversity, you spam with rangers and eles, you win. It really doesn t make a difference defending unless you have at least the same amount of aoe spammers.

You really don't have a clue. No way the enemy is going to pass your gate/wall unless it's really vastly outnumbering you, and that was true in DAoC too.  100 vs 10? Yeah, of course they are going to take the keep... but so will they in the "oh! so beloved" DAoC.

But 20 against 30, or even 20 against 40? If the 20 inside the keep have a good leader coordinating them, know what they are doing, the 40 outside are going to fail miserably.

There a quote I personally like a lot, even though it comes from a comic most English speakers most likely won't know... "don't restrict what is possible to the limits of your own imagination".

This said, have a nice day - and welcome on my block list.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Science fiction is nice. Can be entertaining when well written. Not the case here though.

You really don't have a clue. No way the enemy is going to pass your gate/wall unless it's really vastly outnumbering you, and that was true in DAoC too. But 20 against 30, or even 20 against 40? If the 20 inside the keep have a good leader coordinating them, know what they are doing, the 40 outside are going to fail miserably.

There a quote I personally like a lot, even though it comes from a comic most English speakers most likely won't know... "don't limit what is possible to the limits of your own imagination".

Block list lol. 40 attacking 20 is an easy win for the 40. I ve seen it over and over again. AOE spamming is an easy win in this game. As far as blocking me, I see you don t have answers to DAOC anymore, which is good, because you were really going to start embarrasing yourself.

As I said, if you had persistant servers/enemies you fought, the ebb and flow will change. You just have to learn to fight with the other weak team at first. It will always balance itself out. I ll keep my opinion, but I will also share it when people are talking out their asses.

Pretty positive that its not the case for most people. Especially if they can go whereever they want, whenever they want.

The only way WoW fixed the "evening out" was by literally buffing the losing team to the point where they had a small chance of winning. I can say that on  a horde specific server, that the alliance never owned WG besides maybe at like 2-3 in the morning. And honestly, this still doesn't change the massive flow of people going to the better WvW servers now, and what would continue to happen if they never reset servers at all. Without getting the chance to accomplish anything in WvW, you have the issue of finding the reason to actually GO to WvW.

You can't deny that long queue times would ensue if they never reset servers. Servers would end up going barren within a month and players would slowly die out on those servers due to WvW being useless and PvE being impossible or hard to get things done with the lack of player base on the server.

Block list lol. 40 attacking 20 is an easy win for the 40. I ve seen it over and over again. AOE spamming is an easy win in this game. As far as blocking me, I see you don t have answers to DAOC anymore, which is good, because you were really going to start embarrasing yourself.

You should really try to play some more W3 with some organised team and a good leader before talking out of the wrong orifice. I personally will take 20 good players who play as a team over 40 PuG zerg braindeads anytime of the day in GW2.

And about DAoC, yes, I give up - because I've learned over the years that there's nothing more unmovable than an (ex)DAoC fan on a nostalgia trip. Those guys don't even know people were doing PvP in online games decenies before their cherished game even existed. So yes, I give up and block you - [mod edit] Any honest DAoC player knows about the CC problems, and the zerg fests the battles were. Problem is, all those honest players left DAoC ages ago =P

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

You really don't have a clue. No way the enemy is going to pass your gate/wall unless it's really vastly outnumbering you, and that was true in DAoC too. But 20 against 30, or even 20 against 40? If the 20 inside the keep have a good leader coordinating them, know what they are doing, the 40 outside are going to fail miserably.

There a quote I personally like a lot, even though it comes from a comic most English speakers most likely won't know... "don't limit what is possible to the limits of your own imagination".

Arrow carts, burning oil, balistas and cannons. With a few of these, the zerg is basically made obsolete since you can easily take out the packs of characters and the siege weapons they make to attack with. Without the siege weapons, it will take you forever to get through that gate, and by then they would either disperse due to dying so often, or they wouldn't get in at all.

There are weapons out there to stop the zerg, not sure how you expect the zerg to magically beat the 20 who are in the base when they are protected by the walls. The only way they won't win is if they refuse to build siege weapons that will give them the upper advantage.

Arrow carts, burning oil, balistas and cannons. With a few of these, the zerg is basically made obsolete since you can easily take out the packs of characters and the siege weapons they make to attack with. Without the siege weapons, it will take you forever to get through that gate, and by then they would either disperse due to dying so often, or they wouldn't get in at all.

There are weapons out there to stop the zerg, not sure how you expect the zerg to magically beat the 20 who are in the base when they are protected by the walls. The only way they won't win is if they refuse to build siege weapons that will give them the upper advantage.

Yay, someone who actually played GW2 W3 beyond the basic "zerg". Hopefully our friend will take advice from you and try it out.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Yay, someone who actually played GW2 W3 beyond the basic "zerg". Hopefully our friend will take advice from you and try it out.

Doubt he even plays. Usually go around in my gank squad of 2 rogues and me as a warrior and take small objectives over following the zerg. But honestly, I've watched the zerg and I see this happen all the time.

You should really try to play some more W3 with some organised team and a good leader before talking out of the wrong orifice. I personally will take 20 good players who play as a team over 40 PuG zerg braindeads anytime of the day in GW2.

And about DAoC, yes, I give up - because I've learned over the years that there's nothing more unmovable than an (ex)DAoC fan on a nostalgia trip. Those guys don't even know people were doing PvP in online games decenies before their cherished game even existed. So yes, I give up and block you - because your future posts will only be visual pollution consisting of the same false crap repeated over and over. Any honest DAoC player knows about the CC problems, and the zerg fests the battles were. Problem is, all those honest players left DAoC ages ago =P

That is such a load. As I said you can get by the CC, and only people unable to adapt or learn, found it a problem. You just don t liek the fact you asked me a few posts ago, honestly tell me how DAOC rvr is better. I did, and you don t like that. I m sure you hoped I would just leave it at that. Zergfests in DAOC had it s times sure, but back in the day, good 8mand groups actually took out larger number forces, if they knew what they were doing because of the players that had no clue how to identify the CCs, or players to take out forst. It was awesoem to watch. You can t do that n the open field in WvW, the bigger force will always win. Back and forth, and back and forth. I m sure a good leader will help, but it s still less diverse in every way.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Originally posted by Zefire
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I think I may take a break for a while.

I was happily trying to complete 100% exploration but ran into bugged skill points that stay bugged for days.  I also realized that I need to explore all four WvW maps even though three of them are identical.

WvWvW is OK but I'd need to improve my graphics card to enjoy it more.  I'm not a fan of the zerg thing anyway.

I've only run one instance and it was the level 30 story mode.  I didn't enjoy it at all.

I haven't tried sPVP yet.

even if u upgrade the game has optimization issues and thats what breaks it.

I have one of the best system this universe can offer for gaming and still the game runs like crap on ultra.Just a reminder.

Good to know.  The other games I play don't need a video card upgrade so I may just hold out.

According to this chart, the best bang for my buck is a GTX 480 and it's still like $200.