Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So almost a month has gone by

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by armodeus
    Originally posted by RebornDragon

Boring as hell. If I wanted to play an FPS I'd play COD or something. Wish I could get a refund. I have a feeling most will feel the same way as WvWvW gets stale. For me is goes back to ANet trying to break the 'holy trinity'. No real healing makes melee damn near stupid in large WvWvW as there is no back line healing keeping melee up which makes dieing extremely fast, which means tons of running. Yah, melee can switch to a ranged, but serious? They're a damn melee class. If I wanted to play a ranged class, I'd have rolled something with a better set of ranged abilities.

The game is basically zerg pewpew with no real strategy for WvWvW. I've yet to be wrong about a game failing horribly, and GW2 is going to experiance a huge drop in population once people begin getting sick and tired of the same crap. Rushing a castle, dieing with no real healing, and then running all the way back. Fun! When you spend more time on the rezzing system then the prevention of getting killed, your game is bound to be a complete failure. 

Sure I'll get chastised by some of the silly fanboys who think ANet can do no wrong, but I'm calling it here and now, GW2's pop is going to plummet in another 2 months because of the repetitiveness. They had a good thing with GW1 and then went and completely ruined GW2. The only thing that will keep most of the remaining population is the fact it's free to play after the key is bought, which thank god, because it's not worth $15/month.

I agree, I feel the same boredom and repetitiveness, I havent touched the game in 2 weeks. As a PVPer I am disappointed.

The animations in the game were the biggest shocker to me.  I remember a year ago seeing the elementalist video and thinking, "wow!"  After playing the game, the animations are really boring.  Many spells and strkes you barely even see.  A few of them look cool...but across teh bored...rather boring...like the game.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Very bored as everything is the same in every zone with minor tweaks. Haven't logged in for days but good thing is there isn't montly sub so I can play again any time I want.
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I think I may take a break for a while.

I was happily trying to complete 100% exploration but ran into bugged skill points that stay bugged for days.  I also realized that I need to explore all four WvW maps even though three of them are identical.

WvWvW is OK but I'd need to improve my graphics card to enjoy it more.  I'm not a fan of the zerg thing anyway.

I've only run one instance and it was the level 30 story mode.  I didn't enjoy it at all.

I haven't tried sPVP yet.

even if u upgrade the game has optimization issues and thats what breaks it.

I have one of the best system this universe can offer for gaming and still the game runs like crap on ultra.Just a reminder.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

I love this game, but it does seem like a lot of people are getting bored. They really need to implement some serious competition into this game. 

The "I want my name in the spotlight" players need something to keep them around. We need serious Guild vs Guild ranked matches and 1 vs 1 ranked dueling.

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218

I'm lvl 64 with 150 hrs played. Still having alot of fun, after the usual lvl 80, 100% world completion and all dungeons and full exotic/legendary I think GW2 will be like a lobby based PVP game for me, really loving sPVP and looking forward too Anet updating it as time goes on. Will take a loooong as time for anyone too reach max lvl PVP.

WvWvW is alot of fun too but saving that little gem for after I'm done with the PvE.

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

I love this game, but it does seem like a lot of people are getting bored. They really need to implement some serious competition into this game. 

The "I want my name in the spotlight" players need something to keep them around. We need serious Guild vs Guild ranked matches and 1 vs 1 ranked dueling.

Hope they do 2v2, 3v3,4v4 etc matches with a ranking system, would be sweet.

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231
    Great game but WvW turned out to be a massive dissapointment thanks to a downright retarded, cowardous and egotistical spirit in WvW.
  • sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

im having a blast. about 120 hours in across 2 30's and 1 lvl 19, and rank 12 spvp. i feel like ive only scratched the surface of the game. it's beyond my comprehension how and why people are rushing to 80, and chewing through 300+ hours of content in 2 weeks. i dont care. i see myself playing GW2 for a long time. 

my main gripe is that DE's require quite a bit of work still. ANet has acknowledged that scaling is not where it needs to be, and im confident DE's will get buffed shortly. DE's will be amazing in a few months. dungeons on the other hand are already a work of art. 

Originally posted by stevebmbsqd
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

I'm level 80 and today I was helping my GF in some personal story missions,

Meh. Your arguement doesn't hold water. 

he doesnt need to argue. he's telling you he likes it, and why he likes it. 

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    playing since launch, been lvl 80 for a little while now, and still having lot of fun. Right now working on getting full set of exotics on my main, running explorables, and doing a bit of orr or map completion every now and then(only at 32% map completion right now). I have a couple of alts as well (highest alt is 30), planning on leveling them more at some point and taking my time with them compared to my main character. not going to be qutting any time thats for sure, still have a ton of things to do like more in depth exploration, wvw, personal story, map completion, crafting.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

I am just rolling along and enjoying the game at a relaxed pace.

I have not had as many guild invites as I have in other games. I continue to turn down invites because my game playing time is erratic.

I still have not participated in the pvp portions yet. This surprises me because I generally prefer to pvp in games. I think I am holding off until my real life schedule settles down a bit more. I find pvp is something I feel more obligated to do on a regular basis.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Zefire

I think I may take a break for a while.

I was happily trying to complete 100% exploration but ran into bugged skill points that stay bugged for days.  I also realized that I need to explore all four WvW maps even though three of them are identical.

WvWvW is OK but I'd need to improve my graphics card to enjoy it more.  I'm not a fan of the zerg thing anyway.

I've only run one instance and it was the level 30 story mode.  I didn't enjoy it at all.

I haven't tried sPVP yet.

I have one of the best system this universe can offer for gaming and still the game runs like crap on ultra.Just a reminder.

if you mean 70+fps in wvwvw as crap then i guess sure thats crap? i run this game on a laptop and i am on very high settings, the game does pretty fine for me. i can imagine it running even better on a budget gaming desktop.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Still having fun and starting to get my guild together as it should. we are right now waiting for a few friends who will join next week when they get salary.

The dungeons were kinda of a shock to some of our players that didnt realize that you actually need to gear up for dungeons but I played since the beta and still remember the older MMOs when that was standard.

Craftingwise is our guild still not that great, our crafting skills are yet just between 125-200 but we are working on it.

Havnt still put in so much PvP but a few of the guys joining next week are PvP fans so I plan to trap it up by then.

As I see it are the dungeons ANETs most important thing right now. The current ones still needs some adjustments and we also needs more of them. I hope next expansion will be focused on dungeons.

dungeons really are a "work of art". most fun ive had in PVE. ever. 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    Originally posted by Zefire

if you mean 70+fps in wvwvw as crap then i guess sure thats crap? i run this game on a laptop and i am on very high settings, the game does pretty fine for me. i can imagine it running even better on a budget gaming desktop.

I have both a laptop and a high end system, both runs the game incredible well and I never seen so many people on screen in another game. My desktop is running the game maxed out while the laptop at default. 

I have a feeling Zefire is using old GFX drivers...

My desktop stats:

AMD Penomenah II 3,2 (running at 3,5Ghz) x6, 8Gb ram, 480 GTX. 

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

As far as WvW goes, replying to the person who had issues with his melee character, fortunately or unfortunately gear and level play a major role in PvP. The more geared with exotics you are the easier it is to stay alive. Also glass cannon doesn't really work for melee. I found that both a defensive set of gear and a defensive build works better in a small group/ mass battle environment. I do have issues with solo encounters but they are rare compared to the overall time fighting in groups, small or big.

This game is so similar to Warhammer it's unbelievable. If you played that game too you'll remember that you could join at early levels. In that game too a fully geared max level character could steamroll the boosted low level people.

What I did with my guardian when he was undergeared (I didn't really bother to play at earlier to 80 levels due to the subpar scalling as I described it), was that I was running pure support builds. Now I'm at the point where I can rush an enemy group, pull them in (with luck) and have my group nuke my position and finish them off instead of going for the squishier members.

Originally posted by sonoggi

Dungeons are really the weakest part of the game. Either you undergear them and it's a massive struggle to get the synergies work in the RNG environment while rezzing and corpserunning, or you overgear them and it really doesn't matter much. Basically dungeons is what you get from any other mmorpg, just by removing the tank and the corpse locking that most employ.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    Having fun playing tournaments with my guildies. Level on my currently only PvE character - 45. Looking forward to more PvP content (pvp format that's more like GvG from GW1).
  • NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Im lvl 80 on my main. I have 100% map completion. I am currently about to do the final dungeon in story mode which will also be the final chapter to my personal story from what i can tell. Im also trying to get myself geared up in full lvl 80 exotic gear with my preferred stat set up (close to halfway there). I play a tanky support necro. I have done some WvW.

Despite having done all of this, i still feel motivated to continue playing and am still having fun to the point of looking foward to logging back in every day after work. Today at work i met 2 girls who commented on my Guild Wars: factions t-shirt. We exchanged in game info and it looks like we will be playing together soon since it turned out they are also playing GW2. I think its the social component that people are missing, yet somehow expect the game to provide that for them some how. People complaining about dead guild chat channels should keep in mind that it is rather hard to play this game and type at the same time. If your not seeing much chat, its because people are actually playing the game. Go to town if you want to socialize. Or join a guild that uses voice chat that is active.

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124

I have been lvl80 for almost 2 weeks now and am still having a blast, so much so that I havent even got round to starting an alt there is just way too much stuff to do yet.

I spent last weekend having an awesome time with my guild in WvW. I agree this can be a mass zerg but hey zeging is not the only thing to do. We spent hours running interference, for our server taking supply points, attacking undefended keeps to try and draw people away from the main keep our server was attacking. We also did some supply runs to help build seige engines etc. So for those that say WvW is just a zerg fest, sorry it is what you make it, either change guilds or join in with groups that are not following the zerg. Yes full exotic makes a difference to survivability but it is not exactly hard to get and my guild members who were not 80 still had a great time and were never face rolled except when we all were cos we unfortunately ran head on into an opposing servers zerg fest.

Dungeons I am loving, some are fast furious, fun and quite easy if you follow a competent leader and some give you that challenge where you need to get the party organised change some trait skills and weapons about. So there really is something for everyone from fast easy xp item farms to slower hard fought fun.

I have 75% of the map done, I still have loads to uncover and I have only so far done 2 jumping puzzles, my biggest problem is I keep getting held up by DEs. I realise it is easy to find the same DE going on over and over and over but it is also just as easy to find an event you have never seen before. For eg I usually grab up some mats in Queensdale everyday to sell on TH and it is fast easy way to also do daily, yesterday was 1st day did not see an event I had not done.

So in closing all I can say is if you are getting bored then try just experiencing the game and living in the world instead of following the usual MMO play style. I have yet to even enter sPvP though I did some during betas, I am saving that for when I need a break from all the other stuff the world has to offer.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

The game is vastly overrated that really breaks no new ground besides managing to be even more casual then WoW, which isn't really a good thing. That said it has alot to offer for $60 and no monthly fee. If you're looking for a good side game this may be the perfect one, if you want a new main MMO you will find this game very disappointing.

Even the PvP has no life breathed into it to give it purpose. You can't even play this as a main pvp game. I can't really imagine it going competitve as you have nothing to flaunt ladder wise and though fun at first gets stale quickly. The pvp is much better then WoW's but that really isn't saying much and thats not an esport either.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by laserit
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    *snip*

Why didnt you like the dungeon you did? I have not done a dungeon yet myself.

It's likely a combination of many things.  Being in a pug with people around lvl 30 didn't help.  I'm sure if it was a more organized group things would have been better.  I was just expecting a fun intro level dungeon and not being in the downed state or LOS the boss as much as occurred.  I think the first dungeon experience should be enjoyable and not much of a challenge.

I dont know if it's challenge or learning to play in a different way. But I definatly know what you mean.

I saw this and I just had to say, much of that is learning to play in a different way. I was having a similar discussion w/ some of my newer guildies earlier today. For most newcomers, AC story is ridiculously difficult. Many new players are even afraid of it. However, the dungeon is really not that hard. I've cleared it w/ new players, without any deaths, on multiple occasions.

The thing about AC that's great, is that it forces players to think about what they are doing, or suffer through it via dying over and over. Every boss has multiple ways in which he can be handled, and even the lovers can be killed with ease just by using your surroundings. The problem that I see a lot of new players make, is that they keep trying to play this game like it's WoW, when it's definitely not. Many players look for gear advantages, over proper skill useage / build synergy. Many players think the best way to get through dungeons is to go full-on glass cannon & have a guardian up infront tanking. However, such setups are usually doomed to fail, and result in the most deaths for the majority of the time.

The problem with dungeons right now, is that the difficulty is all over the place, with no real progression. The first dungeon (AC) is fine, but the second one (CM) is far too easy. The dungeons after that are also all over the place in terms of difficulty. Some dungeons (like CoF) have story modes that are harder than their explorable ones. I'd much rather GW2 kept going with the standard that AC set at the start, and lowered the amount of tokens required to get the dungeon loot. Have manageable difficulty at the start, force good habits & proper gameplay, and then expand upon that in later dungeons.

- Other than that I am having a blast, still. Some of the later dungeons are pretty fun & can get pretty challenging. The PvP is still pretty engaging, and I can still play at my own pace. If they could only fix / revamp the final dungeon I'd be thrilled!

Originally posted by Xasapis
    Originally posted by sonoggi

Dungeons are really the weakest part of the game. Either you undergear them and it's a massive struggle to get the synergies work in the RNG environment while rezzing and corpserunning, or you overgear them and it really doesn't matter much. Basically dungeons is what you get from any other mmorpg, just by removing the tank and the corpse locking that most employ.

dungeons arent a massive struggle when ure undergeared. i just ran AC on my fresh lvl 30 guardian in like lvl 18 blues. most fun i ever had in a dungeon. it took us an hour, but we finished it. once you finish all the explorable mode paths, then it's no longer challenging. what's the problem with that? 

secondly, with GW2's combat mechanics, dungeons are far from "what you get from any other mmorpg." give me a break. 

Originally posted by JimmyYO

The game is vastly overrated that really breaks no new ground besides managing to be even more casual then WoW, which isn't really a good thing.

it breaks ground by:

- removing gear-dependent progression

- incorporating down-leveling so you can play with friends any time u want

- WvW (hasnt been done dince DAOC; we have it now, it's just better)

- balanced pvp (meaning each prof has multiple viable builds with multiple weapon sets; for an MMO, this is huge and a definite FIRST)

- DE's (they require tweaks, but are a huge success overall; new MMO's without a similar system will be laughed at)

- fresh combat mecha...

wait a minute. youre just trolling me bro! hah. 

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Sure thing, you can beat any dungeon as long as you corpsezerg the boss and one player is alive at all times. Seriously, you're in love with the game, but take any other dungeon from any other mmorpg you've played, remove the tank and put a respawn spot near and you get the GW2 dungeon experience.

As for gear, if you're not 80 and in full exotic in WvW, expect to be steamrolled a lot by people who are (equal skill assumed). The gear independance is yet another myth.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    You need to apply your brain a bit here, you 3 weeks into the game lol. In 6 months everyone will be in exotics at which point your myth becomes reality.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D