Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet another thread, why I like GW2 (tl;dr no-sub)

Why no sub is important to me? Well, because I play games very slowly. I'm lvl 9 in GW2, and I was playing since release. I play like 5-10min/day. Yes. that how little I play. Its enough for me. This is my style of gaming. And with gw2, unlike with sub-based mmos, I don't need to worry that I pay 15$/month for maybe 3h of gametime a month. And this matters for me.

So in summary, in GW2, i don't have a feeling that I play to slow or to little.

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    too short; did read

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

Its affecting me, Im not playing as much, my highest guy is a Warrior 35/36 im doing a Necro atm but I feel no pressure to get it done.

I dont play F2P games I didnt take to GW1 but even tho I do enjoy GW2, its a fantastic game very well made, the no sub thing is hard to get my head round,

Im not poor and spend alot on my online hobby but so far Iv only spent out on the box, mabye Im scared to start paying coz I can be a bit silly at times and end up with a bigger bill than I can explain.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by mWo4life

Why no sub is important to me? Well, because I play games very slowly. I'm lvl 9 in GW2, and I was playing since release. I play like 5-10min/day. Yes. that how little I play. Its enough for me. This is my style of gaming. And with gw2, unlike with sub-based mmos, I don't need to worry that I pay 15$/month for maybe 3h of gametime a month. And this matters for me.

5-10- mins a day? You can't be serious - it takes me that long just to log in and check my in-game mail. 

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Glad you put your money into GW2, it is appreciated.  However I think you would have been better off with solitare if your only getting in 5-10 mins a day.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I don't challange your right to play as little as you like in any game... but I admit that I did have to read the 5-10 minutes a day bit three times...

I personally wouldnt even bother with MMOs for this time, have to say. I can't even imagine what I would get out of the experience, but then I probably I wouldn't even bother with most games, except maybe something on a DS or FB.

Each to their own though.

I personally would be happy to pay a sub for this game, even though I really only play the open world PvE and crafting side of it, only running the dungeons for completion and WvW for my monthlies. I would say it still delivers amazing value though, even for the £2.50/ week a sub would cost me.

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Ocenica
    Glad you put your money into GW2, it is appreciated.  However I think you would have been better off with solitare if your only getting in 5-10 mins a day.

I get 5-10min a day of gw2. I play many other games (Bordelanrds 1, BF3, EVE, Bioshock, Binding of Isaak), and I share my time between all of them. Most time goes to EVE, though. 

Originally posted by Vesavius

I don't challange your right to play as little as you like in any game... but I admit that I did have to read the 5-10 minutes a day bit three times...

I personally wouldnt even bother with MMOs for this time, have to say. I can't even imagine what I would get out of the experience, but then I probably I wouldn't even bother with most games, except maybe something on a DS or FB.

I specifically wrote I like gw2 because of no-sub fees. I didn't write it is the best game ever and it it keeps my attention so I have to play a lot of it, or I'm interested in "my story". One could interpret it as the GW2 is a bad game, for me. Maybe. But still I like the fact that I can play it as little as I want, without being charge monthly for it. 

I specifically wrote I like gw2 because of no-sub fees. I didn't write it is the best game ever and it it keeps my attention so I have to play a lot of it, or I'm interested in "my story". One could interpret it as the GW2 is a bad game, for me. Maybe. But still I like the fact that I can play it as little as I want, without being charge monthly for it. 

I am little confused by your response here, must admit.

I didn't make any comment that showed any misunderstanding of your approach I don't think, I simply acknowledged what you said and gave you my perspective.

I also didn't say you said it was 'the best game ever' or a bad game for you, or anything...

You seem to have been replying to another post then mine entirely :/

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I love the fact that there is no sub.  I'm actually putting in quite a bit of time playing. I don't really feel a connection to my character or her story though, but at the moment I don't really care.  It's just fun exploring and looking for pets.

I would buy some fluff from their store to support their efforts, but there's nothing in there I want.  And they really should have added a vanity tab if they were going to be selling clothes.  I would have been much, much more inclined to buy clothes if that had been the case.

I didn't make any comment that showed any misunderstanding of your approach I don't think, I simply acknowledged what you said and gave you my perspective.

I also didn't say you said it was 'the best game ever' or a bad game for you, or anything...

Then, I'm sorry.  Nevertheless, the fact that gw2 has no-sub fee is a good thing, at least for me. Definitevly if GW2 was a sub-based game, I wouldn't play it after one month.  

Then, I'm sorry.  Nevertheless, the fact that gw2 has no-sub fee is a good thing, at least for me. Definitevly if GW2 was a sub-based game, I wouldn't play it after one month.  

that's cool, no harm done.

No, if I played for 5-10mins a day then even I would question the value of a sub to me... and that's me speaking as a 100% supporter of the sub model and believing it offers amazing value normally.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

5-10min! Damn, it takes an hour just to create my character lol. No sub fee definately is great for you hehe. But yeah, when I've played some sub-fee games and at some point when my playing hours have become less and less I have started to think "I should be doing something in the game" even when I dont feel like it, since I pay for it every minute even when not playing.

Games with sub-fee should have the fee based on your time spent, but then again the people who play most would whine "why are we getting punished for playing more?" but yeah, no sub-fee, really like it. A lot more than I thought I would, I even first thought it would be a bad thing, now I cant see why the heck I should pay a sub-fee for any game?