Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: 'We Have the Tools for F2P'

13»

Comments

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower
    Yea i knew tsw woudl go free to play, i heard the content in that game is shallow compare to swtor. I wasnt suprised at all.

I must respond something when you mention my best game of all times, swtor. :-)

Actually TSW is not bad, I started to like it a lot, had 3 alts. But first 2 weeks I had crashes aprox. 4 times per hour, some lag, .... No problem at all with ANY other big game. And when discovered I will be limited at all times to 7 active buttons only, I already know this spells button masher. However after buying another hard disk and w7 64 my satisfaction went up by 10000%. No lag at all, no single crash in a week. Otherwise same hardware. But they can not seriously aspect spending 50€ and more for client and 7 times this ammount for windows and possibly new hd. Along with monthly sub. I'm however not sorry for my decision, now i can play much better all my main games (wow, swtor, rift, ... and now - I admit to my big surprise - gw2). But they advertise game works with xp then should stick with this. ok, decreasing i.e. graphics, ... but is unacceptable constant crashing to which only solution Funcom provides is upgrade windows to w7 and explictily 64 bit (otherwise I had 32bit) + more then 3gb RAM.

Btw, I know, I know .... also some w7 64 bit users have problem with crashes and many 32bit does not report any problems .... but after a lot of research on forums for my problems conclusion was really a LOOOT of non 64 bit users had terrible problems.

• eskelaeskela Member Posts: 39
    It's cheap journalist trick to quote as a title one sentence from article, just to draw attention, even if the implication from the title isn't logical regarding whole interview.
    Especially when people sometimes don't bother or doesn't have enough english to understand it correctly and they assume that 'title says it all'. Well, it doesnt. 
  • Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

It's not like they didn't say it was set up to allow them to go F2P in the future ... BEFORE the game was even released ( Interview with Ragnar I believe )

So old news is no news 

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    Originally posted by eskela
    It's cheap journalist trick to quote as a title one sentence from article, just to draw attention, even if the implication from the title isn't logical regarding whole interview.
    Especially when people sometimes don't bother or doesn't have enough english to understand it correctly and they assume that 'title says it all'. Well, it doesnt. 

Yep - unfortunately though, so many folks do not read beyond the headline.  I got into an argument with somebody recently about that - a headline, that is.  It's been a few weeks since they spoke to me, lol.  They were ranting and raving about the "headline" in the link of a story - after a bit of discussion, I asked them if they had even clicked that link.  If they had, they would have seen the full headline (literally, the full headline at the top of the article) rather than the link headline.

It's about drawing viewership, readership, and making money - taking things out of context while hiding behind the cop out that if the person had clicked on the story....meh, they know very well that folks are used to reading 140 or less these days and they've not read the actual story.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%