Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Anet goes back on there word

MercAngelMercAngel odenton, MDPosts: 204Member

do not get me wrong here i love the game and do not call out troll just my post history. but ANet has lied about a few thing for years they have said they want the player to play the way the player wants to and not the way the devs want you to like in other mmo's and also that there is no grind mill. i am not going to call in a P2W but a P2LG(Pay To Look Good).

 

now i think there are 3 type of players the PvP only, the PvE only and the player that do PvP & PvE

 

lets start with the Achievement when you look at the list it is clear what is PvP stuf  PvP Conqueror and World vs World so looking at the ret of the list you would think they can be done by PvE only players as they do not have anything PvP in there name this is turn for all put on the Monthly you have to have WvW kills to get this one. now to me this should be moved to the WvW section or change to somehting like WvW or Boss kills. now i know they are just numbers but to some player they are not and with the Monthly set up they way it is it makes players then like number to play a style they make not like.

 

Lvl 80 Gear

i have not found any NPC that sell lvl 80 gear with good stats other then Karma npc at 42,200 for each  for a total of 253,200 Karma for all your armor not if that is not a grid mill what is i have not found weapons npc yet but i bet is 10X the price just like with the dungon weapons 35 tokens for a pice of armor but 350 tokes for a weapon.

 

Legendary weapons

i know this will take a lot to but but if you are PvE only or PvP only forget about makeing any only players that do PvP and PvE cam make them so ANet is makeing the platy play the way they want if you want a Legendary one of the items you need is 500 Badge of Honor witch can only be got in WvW and they are soul bound so you will never see them in the TP.

now to make they you need to make differnt kinds of gifts in the Mystic Forge now i am not sure if the gidts can be sold on the TP or not but if they can i am sure the will lots of gold to get. i have also read you can get most of the items you need for around 350+ gold. you also need and item from a dungon npc that cost 500 tokens to get.

 

i seen post about gold sellers there are only going to be more and more ANet has setup a market for them just in the time can cost if take to make a Legendary. i know a lot of the stuff i put up you can get on the TP but top lvl gear on the TP is still 60+ gold for each.

 

as i said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

image

«134

Comments

  • VidirVidir GothenburgPosts: 944Member Uncommon
    Agree
  • Kaelano1Kaelano1 Peoria, ILPosts: 375Member

    Has anyone else noticed every post lately that says something negative about gw2 must begin with...

     

    "Don't get me wrong..."

    "I love GW2 but..."

    "Don't call me a troll..."

      I understand cliques and all, but damn, people, you bullies have people so cowed they're afraid to speak their minds without citing qualifications like they're asking your permission. I feel that's disgusting.

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by MercAngel

    i seen post about gold sellers there are only going to be more and more ANet has setup a market for them just in the time can cost if take to make a Legendary. i know a lot of the stuff i put up you can get on the TP but top lvl gear on the TP is still 60+ gold for each.

    as i said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

    how do you think a gold seller can make $200.00 on the acct before its banned?

    i'm missing that leap in logic

  • shane242shane242 birminghamPosts: 90Member Uncommon
    cool, a bunch of optional stuff that you are forced to do..

    Dyslexia Warning: Grammar Trolls be gone

  • someforumguysomeforumguy HomePosts: 3,538Member Uncommon

    He is kind of right if it comes to Exotic gear. Because it has better stats then Rare gear, which is the gear that doesn't really require a grind.

    But his Legendary gear example is a bad one. Legendary stuff is just aesthetics. Compare it to Fissure of Woe armour from GW1 if you want. It is just a nice look, but not better stats then Exotic.

    Arenanet never claimed that there wouldn't be any grind btw. Just that the grind isn't needed to become competitive in PVP. Legendary gear is certainly not needed for PVP, but I'm not sure about the influence of the rare/exotic stats difference in PVP. At least in sPVP it doesn't play a role.

  • curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    You should learn to use commas. I really mean no offence but i cant force myself to read this gibberish
  • steelrain666steelrain666 minneapolis, MNPosts: 140Member
    Seems to me you don't want to play anyway. 
  • xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INPosts: 3,311Member
    Originally posted by MercAngel

    do not get me wrong here i love the game and do not call out troll just my post history. but ANet has lied about a few thing for years they have said they want the player to play the way the player wants to and not the way the devs want you to like in other mmo's and also that there is no grind mill. i am not going to call in a P2W but a P2LG(Pay To Look Good).

     

    now i think there are 3 type of players the PvP only, the PvE only and the player that do PvP & PvE

     

    lets start with the Achievement when you look at the list it is clear what is PvP stuf  PvP Conqueror and World vs World so looking at the ret of the list you would think they can be done by PvE only players as they do not have anything PvP in there name this is turn for all put on the Monthly you have to have WvW kills to get this one. now to me this should be moved to the WvW section or change to somehting like WvW or Boss kills. now i know they are just numbers but to some player they are not and with the Monthly set up they way it is it makes players then like number to play a style they make not like.

     This is actually a pretty good idea. Instead of bosses though, it probably should be dungeon completion. Consider your idea stolen and added to my GW2 suggestion list

    Lvl 80 Gear

    i have not found any NPC that sell lvl 80 gear with good stats other then Karma npc at 42,200 for each  for a total of 253,200 Karma for all your armor not if that is not a grid mill what is i have not found weapons npc yet but i bet is 10X the price just like with the dungon weapons 35 tokens for a pice of armor but 350 tokes for a weapon.

     You get tailored stat 80 exotics from crafting, mystic forage, level 80 zone completiong, and jumping puzzles. The cultural armor, karma armor, and dungeon have stats, but they are meant for look because the stats aren't tailored for you. 

    Legendary weapons

    i know this will take a lot to but but if you are PvE only or PvP only forget about makeing any only players that do PvP and PvE cam make them so ANet is makeing the platy play the way they want if you want a Legendary one of the items you need is 500 Badge of Honor witch can only be got in WvW and they are soul bound so you will never see them in the TP.

    You don't have to get every legendary weapon. There isn't anything be forced here. What ANET was talking about when discussing this was being forced to PvE to have gear to PvP, or be forced to PvP and grind to be able to PvP at top tier. 

    now to make they you need to make differnt kinds of gifts in the Mystic Forge now i am not sure if the gidts can be sold on the TP or not but if they can i am sure the will lots of gold to get. i have also read you can get most of the items you need for around 350+ gold. you also need and item from a dungon npc that cost 500 tokens to get.

     

    i seen post about gold sellers there are only going to be more and more ANet has setup a market for them just in the time can cost if take to make a Legendary. i know a lot of the stuff i put up you can get on the TP but top lvl gear on the TP is still 60+ gold for each.

     

    as i said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

     

    image
    Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member


    Originally posted by cura
    You should learn to use commas. I really mean no offence but i cant force myself to read this gibberish

    Just an FYI, we don't bother with spelling or grammar corrections here. If correct spelling or grammar is something you find necessary for communication, you should just move along. Misspelled words, bad punctuation, missing or extra capitalization, along with over used and misused contractions are all common occurrences. Some posts are just a stream of consciousness ramble. If we're lucky, they are short posts.

    We would never get anything done at all if we spent our time trying to fix everyone's spelling and grammar mistakes.

    ** Addendum **

    While we don't usually bother correcting grammar, we will apparently mock posts without mercy, for reasons including, but not limited to, grammar.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • TardcoreTardcore MinskPosts: 2,325Member
    Originally posted by someforumguy

    He is kind of right if it comes to Exotic gear. Because it has better stats then Rare gear, which is the gear that doesn't really require a grind.

    But his Legendary gear example is a bad one. Legendary stuff is just aesthetics. Compare it to Fissure of Woe armour from GW1 if you want. It is just a nice look, but not better stats then Exotic.

    Arenanet never claimed that there wouldn't be any grind btw. Just that the grind isn't needed to become competitive in PVP. Legendary gear is certainly not needed for PVP, but I'm not sure about the influence of the rare/exotic stats difference in PVP. At least in sPVP it doesn't play a role.

    Honestly I don't really see anything here that was promised by A-net. I do however see quite a few things that were blown out of porportion by over exited fans though. In other words A-net said one thing and some fans read way more meaning into what was said.

    image

    "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  • snapfusionsnapfusion San, CAPosts: 954Member

    Im just going to ask a simple question.  Since this is NOT a sandbox game where players create their own content that means that its a themepark MMO.  And no its not even a hybrid.

    We all know that themepark MMO's revolve around achieving things, items, etc through the course of repetative game play.  That is how they are built.

    So what do you want?  Do you want to hit 80 and have a buffet of items layed out for you?  I dont understand what it is your looking for or what you expect from a Game like GW2.  Arenanet tried their best to make the grind of a themepark less painfull and I think they have done a decent job of it.  You will have to spend a long time doing the same types of things, get over it or maybe try something like Minecraft.

    To give you some idea of how I think they have envisioned a typical players experience,  I am almost level 37 and have explored only 12 percent of the gameworld and have spent only a minimal amount of time in WvW (maybe 25 percent of my game time).  I have been playing everyday since early access but because of my play style and desire to explore and conquor everyting there is to do in this game I will be level 80 well before I have explored even 50 percent of the game.  In other world this game is going to last me a very very long time.  And it should, Im hoping to get almost a year out of this one. Meaning yes a year to achieve all the game has to offer in the form of gear crafting etc.

    I'm honestly puzzled by your post.

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Tardcore

    Honestly I don't really see anything here that was promised by A-net. I do however see quite a few things that were blown out of porportion by over exited fans though.

    In other words A-net said one thing and some fans read way more meaning into what was said.

    i'll admit i assumed there would be no stat difference w exotic weapons

    but those were my assumptions from knowing GW1, not from anything that ANET said about GW2

  • JayarisJayaris InvercargillPosts: 308Member

    Their, Anet goes back on their word. 

    You cheeky boy.

    Hi

  • snapfusionsnapfusion San, CAPosts: 954Member
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Tardcore

    Honestly I don't really see anything here that was promised by A-net. I do however see quite a few things that were blown out of porportion by over exited fans though.

    In other words A-net said one thing and some fans read way more meaning into what was said.

    i'll admit i assumed there would be no stat difference w exotic weapons

    but those were my assumptions from knowing GW1, not from anything that ANET said about GW2

    Im glad we were wrong on this one why on earth would people want to play a game that was based on Greeces economy?

  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 avondale, AZPosts: 962Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by MercAngel

    i seen post about gold sellers there are only going to be more and more ANet has setup a market for them just in the time can cost if take to make a Legendary. i know a lot of the stuff i put up you can get on the TP but top lvl gear on the TP is still 60+ gold for each.

    as i said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

    how do you think a gold seller can make $200.00 on the acct before its banned?

    i'm missing that leap in logic

    I think he is referring to the amount of time the gold poster has before they are banned.  Lets say it takes 1 hour for them to get banned.  They post their info 20 times roughly with a wide variety of people seeing their messages.  If any of those people buy gold, they could theoretically make $200 from that account before it was banned.  They clear $140 if they pay $60 for the new account.  So in this example, they make a profit and it makes sense for them to continue to purchase more accounts and spam gold.

    The above is just one example, but it makes sense that there would not be as many gold spammers as there are if they weren't getting revenue from the peope who play the game.

  • NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by cura
    You should learn to use commas. I really mean no offence but i cant force myself to read this gibberish

    Originally posted by Jayaris
    Their, Anet goes back on their word. You cheeky boy.

    image

    image
    TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

  • pmilespmiles Federal Way, WAPosts: 383Member

    Let's say for arguments sake that the absolute best gear only cost 35 copper and you could buy/equip it the day you hit level 80... then what?  You'd cry that there was no gear progression.  That you already had everything in game that ther was worth getting.  Then what?  Really, then what?

     

    Go back to WoW... really, go back to WoW... Blizzard doesn't lie to you.  They just take your money.

  • DfixDfix Clark MIlls, NYPosts: 242Member
    Stopped reading at "there".

    Vivik-Cerberus
    image
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,452Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Tardcore
     

    Honestly I don't really see anything here that was promised by A-net. I do however see quite a few things that were blown out of porportion by over exited fans though. In other words A-net said one thing and some fans read way more meaning into what was said.

    This seems to happen alot  and not just GW2.

  • Tawn47Tawn47 LincolnPosts: 512Member
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

    Has anyone else noticed every post lately that says something negative about gw2 must begin with...

     

    "Don't get me wrong..."

    "I love GW2 but..."

    "Don't call me a troll..."

      I understand cliques and all, but damn, people, you bullies have people so cowed they're afraid to speak their minds without citing qualifications like they're asking your permission. I feel that's disgusting.

    What is surprising is that as you read the rest of these types of post the entire thing is negative.  Some people just want to be able to state their own opinion and not hear dissenting views and they think that by paying lip service to 'oh Im not a hater' theyll avoid having to hear conflicting points of view.

    What is disgusting is that people can't just be honest.  Its also disgusting that you seem to be suggesting that supporters of the game should shut up and let haters criticise without any comeback. 

    If you dont like conflict, then don't post in the first place.

  • HalandirHalandir nnPosts: 758Member Uncommon

    Sorry OP.

    You may have valid points but I am simply lost. Could you please (in 1-2 sentences) specify where Anet went back on their word?

    Please do not refer to your OP - While I am not on the TL:DR team, I actually tried (not successfully) to make heads and tails of your OP.

     

    We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

  • Kaelano1Kaelano1 Peoria, ILPosts: 375Member
    Originally posted by Tawn47
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

    Has anyone else noticed every post lately that says something negative about gw2 must begin with...

     

    "Don't get me wrong..."

    "I love GW2 but..."

    "Don't call me a troll..."

      I understand cliques and all, but damn, people, you bullies have people so cowed they're afraid to speak their minds without citing qualifications like they're asking your permission. I feel that's disgusting.

    What is surprising is that as you read the rest of these types of post the entire thing is negative.  Some people just want to be able to state their own opinion and not hear dissenting views and they think that by paying lip service to 'oh Im not a hater' theyll avoid having to hear conflicting points of view.

    What is disgusting is that people can't just be honest.  Its also disgusting that you seem to be suggesting that supporters of the game should shut up and let haters criticise without any comeback. 

    If you dont like conflict, then don't post in the first place.

    Oh I thrive on conflict, and I don't believe for one second so many people start posts thusly so "people won't disagree". It's so people won't flag the post/thread as a "troll" and get it locked or the poster banned.

    I know this... I bet you know this.

  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by wowfan1996

    [mod edit]

    He lost me before I even finished the title.

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • BjelarBjelar RullumpPosts: 384Member

    Why would anyone think they are "forced" to get optional items or rewards?

    Get them if you like to. It's a choise. If you made the stuff OP talked about achievable by only doing one thing, my next suggestion would be to add optional stuff for those who do a little bit of everything...

  • XzenXzen Los Alamos, NMPosts: 2,607Member Common
    The only thing required to "beat the game" story mode is level 80 and having some gear equiped. You can beat the last boss story mode wearing what ever junk you picked up off of trash mobs or purchased blues and greens from karma vendors in the last 3 zones as you passed through.
«134
Sign In or Register to comment.