Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet goes back on there word

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Difference between GW2 and other MMO's:

WoW, Rift, Swtor, Whatevergamehere = I HAVE to get better gear in order to see and compete in all the content. 

GW2 = I do NOT have to get better gear in order to see all of the games content. 

Seriously, try running PvP in SWTOR without PvP gear and see how long you last, or even try queueing in WoW without the correct level of gear, it simply won't let you. As a 400 armorsmith/weaponsmith, I crafted myself a full exotic set + exotic greatsword for ~10g, if you somehow do not have 10g by level 80, I have no idea what you were doing the entire time you were leveling. 

Legendaries and dungeon armor are not required, they are unique looking pieces that are there for those who wish to put the time into getting them. This is no different from the original Guild Wars. 

• UDproxUDprox Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by MercAngel

now i think there are 3 type of players the PvP only, the PvE only and the player that do PvP & PvE

mind officially blown.

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by sookster54

Originally posted by Dfix
    Stopped reading at "there".

LOL, grammar doesn't really matter when you know what they're trying to say. My father is a retired lawyer (for 35+ years) and his spelling has always been terrible, thank god for secretaries (especially hot ones).

No, he really saved himself a headache of trying to read the other 50 grammar/spelling errors that followed.

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by Tawn47

Has anyone else noticed every post lately that says something negative about gw2 must begin with...

"Don't get me wrong..."

"I love GW2 but..."

"Don't call me a troll..."

I understand cliques and all, but damn, people, you bullies have people so cowed they're afraid to speak their minds without citing qualifications like they're asking your permission. I feel that's disgusting.

What is surprising is that as you read the rest of these types of post the entire thing is negative.  Some people just want to be able to state their own opinion and not hear dissenting views and they think that by paying lip service to 'oh Im not a hater' theyll avoid having to hear conflicting points of view.

What is disgusting is that people can't just be honest.  Its also disgusting that you seem to be suggesting that supporters of the game should shut up and let haters criticise without any comeback. 

If you dont like conflict, then don't post in the first place.

Oh I thrive on conflict, and I don't believe for one second so many people start posts thusly so "people won't disagree". It's so people won't flag the post/thread as a "troll" and get it locked or the poster banned.

I know this... I bet you know this.

I find that posts that start with phrases like that are *very* often  trolls trying to disguise the fact that its a troll post.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by Xerith

Difference between GW2 and other MMO's:

WoW, Rift, Swtor, Whatevergamehere = I HAVE to get better gear in order to see and compete in all the content. 

GW2 = I do NOT have to get better gear in order to see all of the games content. 

Seriously, try running PvP in SWTOR without PvP gear and see how long you last, or even try queueing in WoW without the correct level of gear, it simply won't let you. As a 400 armorsmith/weaponsmith, I crafted myself a full exotic set + exotic greatsword for ~10g, if you somehow do not have 10g by level 80, I have no idea what you were doing the entire time you were leveling. 

Legendaries and dungeon armor are not required, they are unique looking pieces that are there for those who wish to put the time into getting them. This is no different from the original Guild Wars. 

Gear didn't matter "that much" in swtor when i played it through May, as long as you had something. Once you got the second set you were like, "wtf it just screwed up my crits and the stats really aren't better". Also as I left they were introducing full "starter" pvp sets you could buy with credits. People also complained soc was so much better than sage when they were complete mirrors, and same with other classes. It was alot of contrived whining when the issue was truly communication and teamwork.

RIFT, meh. I just leveled everything with my tank.

WoW, you have an argument, because there have been several evolutions of pvp stuff over 8 years, but truly, back when I played alot (first couple years) it wasn't so hard to "get equipped".

What else... warhammer wasn't so bad early on with the gear, then they started giving it like candy in bags. TSW is more a matter of gear/actives/passives congruity than the level of gear, but you want to be ql10 to start. COH pvp could be pretty imbalanced if you played in the first year they had crafting. EQ/EQ2 pvp was never good or balanced in any way, shape or form. Thinking back, I think the biggest disparity ever was Ultima Online.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

do not get me wrong here i love the game and do not call out troll just my post history. but ANet has lied about a few thing for years they have said they want the player to play the way the player wants to and not the way the devs want you to like in other mmo's and also that there is no grind mill. i am not going to call in a P2W but a P2LG(Pay To Look Good).

now i think there are 3 type of players the PvP only, the PvE only and the player that do PvP & PvE

lets start with the Achievement when you look at the list it is clear what is PvP stuf  PvP Conqueror and World vs World so looking at the ret of the list you would think they can be done by PvE only players as they do not have anything PvP in there name this is turn for all put on the Monthly you have to have WvW kills to get this one. now to me this should be moved to the WvW section or change to somehting like WvW or Boss kills. now i know they are just numbers but to some player they are not and with the Monthly set up they way it is it makes players then like number to play a style they make not like.

Lvl 80 Gear

i have not found any NPC that sell lvl 80 gear with good stats other then Karma npc at 42,200 for each  for a total of 253,200 Karma for all your armor not if that is not a grid mill what is i have not found weapons npc yet but i bet is 10X the price just like with the dungon weapons 35 tokens for a pice of armor but 350 tokes for a weapon.

Legendary weapons

i know this will take a lot to but but if you are PvE only or PvP only forget about makeing any only players that do PvP and PvE cam make them so ANet is makeing the platy play the way they want if you want a Legendary one of the items you need is 500 Badge of Honor witch can only be got in WvW and they are soul bound so you will never see them in the TP.

now to make they you need to make differnt kinds of gifts in the Mystic Forge now i am not sure if the gidts can be sold on the TP or not but if they can i am sure the will lots of gold to get. i have also read you can get most of the items you need for around 350+ gold. you also need and item from a dungon npc that cost 500 tokens to get.

i seen post about gold sellers there are only going to be more and more ANet has setup a market for them just in the time can cost if take to make a Legendary. i know a lot of the stuff i put up you can get on the TP but top lvl gear on the TP is still 60+ gold for each.

as i said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

[mod edit]

Honestly, I'd love to see where any of these facts were ever posted by Anet to prove his point, because I can't take any of this seriously.

Not only that. but 200$ from a hacked account? That account had to be actually wealthy to start with. 200$ is well over 10 gold, and the majority of players have probably about 2-3 even at level 80. So I'm not sure how thats even possible.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

do not get me wrong here i love the game and do not call out troll just my post history. but ANet has lied about a few thing for years they have said they want the player to play the way the player wants to and not the way the devs want you to like in other mmo's and also that there is no grind mill. i am not going to call in a P2W but a P2LG(Pay To Look Good).

OP- it is really hard NOT to get you wrong when you start claiming that ArenaNet have lied about a few things for years.

That is such an outragours claim, that there really is no point in going further with your post from that point.

WHAT LIES ???

you mention grind mill , do you know the defination of grind they are talking about?  Because unless you have adapted a very unreflected view of what grind means their claim still stands. And that is conneckted to the players being able to play like they want.

maybe you should start over with your post and get to the point without getting offtrack with using words like lieing without backing them up with substance.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Achievments I could care less about so not gonna comment on that.

About lvl 80 exotic gear. You can craft lvl 80 exotic gear which looks epic, you can also BUY it at Trading Post from the people who crafted it as well. Or you can decide to go for cultural armor sets and get it for karma. The cultural armor sets should cost more since they are, oh well, cultural?

Legendary weapons.

Does the name ring a few bells? No? Well they're SUPPOSED to be hard to get, other way what's the point in them being legendary if every monkey with a sweat suit can get it?

About gold sellers, they wouldn't be making money if people wouldn't buy them. Right?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512
    Originally posted by Tawn47

Has anyone else noticed every post lately that says something negative about gw2 must begin with...

"Don't get me wrong..."

"I love GW2 but..."

I understand cliques and all, but damn, people, you bullies have people so cowed they're afraid to speak their minds without citing qualifications like they're asking your permission. I feel that's disgusting.

What is surprising is that as you read the rest of these types of post the entire thing is negative.  Some people just want to be able to state their own opinion and not hear dissenting views and they think that by paying lip service to 'oh Im not a hater' theyll avoid having to hear conflicting points of view.

What is disgusting is that people can't just be honest.  Its also disgusting that you seem to be suggesting that supporters of the game should shut up and let haters criticise without any comeback. 

If you dont like conflict, then don't post in the first place.

Oh I thrive on conflict, and I don't believe for one second so many people start posts thusly so "people won't disagree". It's so people won't flag the post/thread as a "troll" and get it locked or the poster banned.

I know this... I bet you know this.

So you think mods just ban/lock just because a person reports it?  You realise you're basically saying the mods aren't doing their jobs properly....   either that or the said poster is afraid of a ban or a lock, because they are in fact trolling.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

"Don't get me wrong..."

"I love GW2 but..."

You've needed to preface all criticisms of GW2 for a while for fear of being banned.

• lovehina21lovehina21 Member UncommonPosts: 56

"Don't get me wrong..."

"I love GW2 but..."

its cuz you get banned for speaking negatively.  happend twice to me already lol. 

= Scent to bed =

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Originally posted by cura
    You should learn to use commas. I really mean no offence but i cant force myself to read this gibberish

You should learn to use apostrophes.  And this is how you should have typed this sentence:

You should learn to use commans.  I really mean no offence, but I can't force myself to read this gibberish.  

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

There are optional goals that take a fairly lengthy time commitment to receive, which is good, because people have goals to achieve for the long haul. I thing an important thing to point out is that there is not a large leap in stats between level 80 Rares, which are fairly easy to get and Exotics, which take more effort. This is NOT a game where that "Epic endgame gear" has 40%+ higher stats than the lower tier gear.

With my level 80, I did push to get exotic weapons, but I feel fine in my Rare armor as I slowly work towards those eventual upgrades. I think the stat difference is less than 10% and with my current build, I'm not having issues with content while I work towards those upgrades.

I think the developers struck a great balance. It is not that difficult to get yourself equiped in rares once you hit 80, but there are long term goals to work towards with Exotics and Legendary gear. BTW, level scaling does work. I've been having fun helping a level 40ish friend and my presence goes not trivialize content. (I've also run content with the same friend using  a 30ish character, so I can make the direct comparison. It's slightly easier with my level 80, but I still need to pay attention).

I don't think things are perfect. I have found a lot of people at level 80 not wanting to do high level DEs, because they don't appreciate the XP progression for additional skill points and they are justifiably disappointed with the low silver payout on level 80 DEs. DE rewards really need to scale better from level 40 on!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417

"Don't get me wrong..."

"I love GW2 but..."

I've noticed that if a post isn't praising GW2 it gets locked here.Over and over.

And they call this a discussion forum.

I think people are just upset they spent $60 on this game and dont appriciate having their foolishness flaunted in their face.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Gear didn't matter "that much" in swtor when i played it through May, as long as you had something. Once you got the second set you were like, "wtf it just screwed up my crits and the stats really aren't better". Also as I left they were introducing full "starter" pvp sets you could buy with credits.

From this comment I am not certain that you've played pvp in Swtor at any length of time. I started all the way from release till I quit after release of starter pvp sets, got all battlemaster gear and even a quite few war hero pieces and I tell you, as many other will also testify to the same, that gear matters A LOT in swtor. With no pvp stats vs full BM pvp gear you basically get steamrolled while the other guy doesn't even lost 1/10th of their health, regardless of what advance classes you use.

With starter set it is still woefully undergeared in pvp, considering that most people that still does it now will be at least full BM set. Not to mention that the starter set's base stats is awful even in comparison basic raid gears. I'm not even sure with starter set you will consistently win a fight against someone with tier 1 raid gears in pvp because of the base stats difference.

Swtor's pvp gear power difference is wayyyy worse than WoW in comparison. At least in WoW pvp gears only up your resilience but don't up your pvp damage in comparison to other gears.

GW2 pvp basically has not of that at all.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

To everyone ripping the OP apart for his grammar...

Just be aware that english is very likely not his first language.  I don't know about you guys, but my grammar is terrible in any language that isn't my native tongue...so cut him some slack.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Creslin321

To everyone ripping the OP apart for his grammar...

Just be aware that english is very likely not his first language.  I don't know about you guys, but my grammar is terrible in any language that isn't my native tongue...so cut him some slack.

Well it seems to be the atypical bullshit tactic of just attacking the poster rather than the posters argument. Its petty, juvenile, and down right lazy, and YES its does indeed happen on every side of the fence. Personally I think reading these forums would be a lot less like wading through a septic tank, and the mods would be less busy, if the posters who couldn't think of anything more relevent to add to the conversation except essentially "Oh yeah!? "YOUR MUM!!", wouldn't bother posting their thoughts at all.

That said, as I said earlier I don't personally feel the OPs post holds much water as I feel the broken promises he mentions were not made by A-net but came from fans who wildly misinterpreted statements made by A-net. Seems to happen every new game when hope overrides common sense.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

As I said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

Imo these people are using hacked account so they dont need to use bought account they can transfer it straight from them to the buyer and not have to buy anything. I also bet that when Anet see this they ban both accounts too or I hope they do because if people buy gold they deserve to have their accounts banned. I'm fed up of getting emails from these muppits all the time and the sooner they get rid of them the better.

Lots of people are using the same password for their emails as they are for the game logins and this is one way they are getting hold of accounts to abuse. I've had people from China trying to login to my account a few times and I change my password weekly so I suggest others do the same as it's one way of keeping these bastards out of our accounts.

Bandit

Asbo

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

"Don't get me wrong..."

"I love GW2 but..."

Sad isn't it?One of the worst things ANY site should allow is insulting other users,yet this site is among the worst i have ever seen.

Quick to hand down warnings to people that simply talk about game code which is 0's and 1's .but does not show the same respect towards the users.The term TROLL is used here simply as an insult BOTH by users and the manager.When you say someone is troilling you are insulting/flaming them,against the rules but apparently if the guys in charge are ok doing it,it has made it open season for everyone to go around insulting/flaming.

The term TROLL is suppose to be a person who follows another person's posts to hi jack his threads or insult him.It was NEVER meant to be used the way people use it now ,simply as an insult.You don't agree with me ,you are trolling. Or another famous  one...".Anyone can clearly see this game is great,you are a troll for not agreeing with me".You said too many bad things,you are an excessive troll.Or people make threads and instead of any meaningful discussion the ONLY thing  they say is ,i wonder how long before the TROLLS come in here.

Yes i understand gaming is kind of for kids so i should expect some immaturity,but not like i don't remember being young. I got angry over stupid things myself,but not once did i ever try to lay the blame on someone else.Example Johnny made a thread i don't like,i am reporting him,the whole thing just sounds incredibly immature,yet it exists here.

I prefer to see people talking emphatically over a game ,rather than insulting users anyday.

I am quite sure the owners here NEVER intended for anyone to be afraid to post here or have to go on the defensive.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    It's a pay for convenience. More bag slots, more bag space which you can grind out and get for free anyways. PvP is part of the game so you have to pretty much do it plus it's kind of fun anyways coming from a non PvP person. Only way to stop gold sellers is to introduce trade limits and add value to items so only 1g can come and go from players within 12 hours which no one wants to see any other method won't work.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

The thing I don't get it why we people even BUY gold from a gold seller, considering the fact that in this game you can trade gem for gold legit anyways (and gem is almost equal to cash since the best way to get gem is to buy it).

Has to be super lazy to not even bother to know how to use trading post.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

lets start with the Achievement when you look at the list it is clear what is PvP stuf  PvP Conqueror and World vs World so looking at the ret of the list you would think they can be done by PvE only players as they do not have anything PvP in there name this is turn for all put on the Monthly you have to have WvW kills to get this one. now to me this should be moved to the WvW section or change to somehting like WvW or Boss kills. now i know they are just numbers but to some player they are not and with the Monthly set up they way it is it makes players then like number to play a style they make not like.

Lvl 80 Gear

i have not found any NPC that sell lvl 80 gear with good stats other then Karma npc at 42,200 for each  for a total of 253,200 Karma for all your armor not if that is not a grid mill what is i have not found weapons npc yet but i bet is 10X the price just like with the dungon weapons 35 tokens for a pice of armor but 350 tokes for a weapon.

Legendary weapons

i know this will take a lot to but but if you are PvE only or PvP only forget about makeing any only players that do PvP and PvE cam make them so ANet is makeing the platy play the way they want if you want a Legendary one of the items you need is 500 Badge of Honor witch can only be got in WvW and they are soul bound so you will never see them in the TP.

now to make they you need to make differnt kinds of gifts in the Mystic Forge now i am not sure if the gidts can be sold on the TP or not but if they can i am sure the will lots of gold to get. i have also read you can get most of the items you need for around 350+ gold. you also need and item from a dungon npc that cost 500 tokens to get.

i seen post about gold sellers there are only going to be more and more ANet has setup a market for them just in the time can cost if take to make a Legendary. i know a lot of the stuff i put up you can get on the TP but top lvl gear on the TP is still 60+ gold for each.

as i said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

Eh anet's always done "P2LG" as you put it. They had armor skins for sale in GW1 that looked really sick. But you had to buy em. Not surprised. I'll start raging when they make it p2w of course.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by cura
    You should learn to use commas. I really mean no offence but i cant force myself to read this gibberish

Originally posted by Jayaris
    Their, Anet goes back on their word. 

You cheeky boy.

What's wrong with trying to keep the English language alive?  The internet is slowly killing it..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AriannaeAriannae Member UncommonPosts: 40

Biggest issue I have is that they very much did lie about the 'no grind'. It may be an issue particular to only one or two gear sets, but they, frankly, should be the most common of gear sets as it is; Stated right here.

Power/Toughness/Vitality gear. This gear is not, in any way, shape or form, craftable. This destroys the single easiest way to obtain Exotic armor sets. Ectos are extremely uncommon if you know what the hell you're doing, meaning Exotic crafted is easier than anything else to obtain.

Completely setting aside the Weapons, the Light Armor section. Fantastic. There is Power/Toughness/Vitality gear for 5 of the 6 pieces of gear. In order to obtain this alone, that requires 210k Karma. That's almost, what, half of the required Karma for a Legendary weapon? Except this is for a legitimate stat increase over a Rare item. This is for Exotic.

The Leg pieces are not even available for Light Armor with Power/Toughness/Vitality, and accessories are an entirely different story. In order to get said Leg Piece, you are forced to A) Farm WvW for Badges, which you can turn into Power/Toughness/Vitality gear, or B) Farm explorable dungeon runs for a Leg Piece with Power/Toughness/Vitality. The main issue here is that there are only two dungeons that have Power/Toughness/Vitality gear. One being Honor of the Waves, and the other being Sorrow's Embrace.

So when you manage to get an armor set of Power/Toughness/Vitality, you now have to shoot for accessories to replace those level 50 Blues that actually had Toughness and Vitality on them. WvW is the one and only way to obtain this set of stats, as far as I have seen. That means you have to farm 500-some Badges of Honor. For the Amulet alone. That is more Badges than a fucking Gift for a Legendary item requires. Keep in mind this isn't even for aesthetics yet. These are for enormous stat increases, particularly if you stuck with tanky stats throughout the levels. The Rings are 300-some additional badges per piece, with the Accessories (Which, mind you, you can get Masterworks of in Orr) for another 300-some Badges/piece. You're looking at almost 2k Badges of Honor for Exotic accessories alone.

That is absolutely absurd. For a 'no grind' game, yes. They completely and absolutely went back on every aspect of their word in terms of it.

None of this is for aesthetical purposes. These are for blatant gear increases over the Rare sets. You could transmute them back down to level 1 gear, and they would be better than any Rare, because they have better stats. I do not understand why people are adamant in refusing to believe that Arenanet has stayed true to their word in every regard when they have not. Is it an enormous issue? No, it's not. But it's enough to say that not everything they've stated has been true.

Edited in: This is assuming you have somehow managed to obtain a set of level 80 Rare Power/Toughness/Vitality gear, which is equally as frustrating to come across. The only way I'd seen to obtain one was via Karma in WvW, or possibly the Rare Vigil gear. If you have not been lucky enough to come across such a set, it is likely that the jump in stats would be even greater than described here due to being in low level Blues/Greens, in which case the gear is even more required, which only brings the grind down even harder.

Why this set is so horribly difficult to come across is beyond me.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Bjelar

Why would anyone think they are "forced" to get optional items or rewards?

Get them if you like to. It's a choise. If you made the stuff OP talked about achievable by only doing one thing, my next suggestion would be to add optional stuff for those who do a little bit of everything...

You are not "forced" to get them to compete on an even level with those with the best PvP gear, exotics with the right stat distribution is enough for that. However, if you care about more than just PvP and that care happens to include vanity or completing all content, then yeah, it matters and you are "forced" given those conditions.