Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flickering Black Screen - Game Crash

I had played Vanguard: SoH in the past and I recall it being really unique in certain aspects, so I wanted to try it out again after I'd heard it went F2P.

I downloaded and installed the game and after clicking play, the button turned into a button which read playing and eventually something happened. The majority of the screen turned black and then flickered rapidly until I pressed ctrl+alt+del and clicked logout (task manager wasn't cutting it for this error).

I've read several reports telling me to delete the cache folder... I did and the error is still there.

So either I'm making some kind of mistake or it isn't working.

How can I fix this?

Comments

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Can you post your PC specs please?

REALITY CHECK

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

I get the same thing sometimes, and most of it is due to the graphics card.

Once it recovers from the error, I'll get the message, display driver failed. kernel etc etc.

It only just started when I bought my graphics card about a year ago.

GTX 550 Ti...

I hear a lot of problems with this card and it happens to me in any game even when I'm not playing games as well. The drivers are up to date, but still get the same problem.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by csthao

Once it recovers from the error, I'll get the message, display driver failed. kernel etc etc.

GTX 550 Ti...

I hear a lot of problems with this card and it happens to me in any game even when I'm not playing games as well. The drivers are up to date, but still get the same problem.

Go to NVIDIA control panel and please tell me the clocks to which it is set. 550 GTX Ti is often sold as factory overclocked and then it's crashing due to low voltaige. This is the most common issue for 550/560 GTX ti cards causing display driver to crash and /or other BSOD. If it's overclocked, try to set the clocks to their default levels and see if it's still crashing.

REALITY CHECK

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Thillian
    Originally posted by csthao

GTX 550 Ti...

Go to NVIDIA control panel and please tell me the clocks to which it is set. 550 GTX Ti is often sold as factory overclocked and then it's crashing due to low voltaige. This is the most common issue for 550/560 GTX ti cards causing display driver to crash and /or other BSOD. If it's overclocked, try to set the clocks to their default levels and see if it's still crashing.

Graphics clock @ 900MHz

Processor clock @ 1800MHz

Memory clock @ 2050MHz (4100MHz data rate)

Do I need to download an OC software to do this, or does Nvidia's control panel allows me to adjust it myself?

• EwanisEwanis Member UncommonPosts: 39

I have same problem with this game.

My pc spec: win7, gts450, 8gb ram, AMD Phenom II X4 955.

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I had a similar problem, I fixed it by running Vanguard at the same res as my desktop. Hope that helps. =)