Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So the next big MMO is?

1235»

Comments

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

My Personal take is, blade and soul will get the next "Big AAA hype".

Past the first moments of fun with 3 boob sliders, people will complain it's a typical "Korean grinder" and "too asia looking" and it's NCWEST published. By the time of 2013 even the last guy should have gotten a clue how NCWEST r(i)uns their games.

See Aion, L2, L1, Autoassault, Tabula Rasa..etc.

Then it's "sandpark" time: Archeage. Endless rage over Archeage beeing not the sandbox every FFA PVPer dreamed off, all the rage over Archeage not beeing the quest driven Themepark everyone was hoping for. I'll give it a month or two to shine.

After that? Probably Elder Scrolls news or Craptic NW release.

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

I would have to say "HEX" will be the next big thing.  It will have the following features:

*  Graphics much like SWToR so it can run on anything (Skyrin would be better but most system would have a hard time in an mmo version).

*  Atmosphere / immersion like VG and Skyrim.

*  Crafting as indepth as Wurm Online.  Including inventing.

* Gameplay / mechanics like EVE Online (but not stuck in a ship all the time, mostly land based)..lol

*  Both PVE and PVP servers which players can travel to and from easily.

*  Seamless world(s).

*  UI is easy to use.

*  Built by AAA company but designed by Indie Dev's

O wait, I was day dreaming...............sorry...

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Darkfall : unholy wars will be the next best thing for gamers.  It will never be the biggest, but if you year for something different that will be it.  Darkfall 1.0 had a lot of great ideas, but some design mistakes and poor implementation.  With improved design and years of testing, the new game will be what Darkfall 1.0 always should have been.  I can't wait. :)
  • dooneydooney Member Posts: 69
    Darkfall: Unholy Wars
  • BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    I think the first Darkfall left a bad taste in most people's mouths. They'll have a lot of convincing to do to get me to buy it.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

I don't care,as long as I like and it's good. There's some games I'm looking forward to.

1. DF:UW
    2. The Reopulation
    3. WildStar
    4. FFXIV 2.0

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

WORLD OF DARKNESS !!!!

What else?

Maybe Titan if we ever know what it will be.

The progression of big MMOs:

WoW -> WoD -> Titan

or maybe WoW->Titan->WoD

The progression of themepark innovation:

Ultima -> Everquest 1/2 -> Secret World -> Titan?

The progression of sandbox innovation

??? -> WoD

because this will be the biggest sandbox innovation of all, nothing to compare to