Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So the next big MMO is?

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Nitre

f2p mmos can never be the next big thing, so its Titan . is wildstar p2p or b2p..anyone knows?

neverwinter will be good btu its f2p so no

teso is what p2p?

How do you know titan is not F2P?

Plus, Marvel Heroes is F2P AAA ... and it may be the next big thing.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Wildstar has potential, other than that... Nothing.

Archage is a very niche product that will not do well with average gamers,  it's combat engine is terrible even for an MMO.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by 

I am also looking forward to Neverwinter fro mthe vids ive seen it looks great but I am hoping Perfect World doesnt ruin.  Then theres The WarZ which is looking more and more like a winner in the progression centric survivability mode of gameplay.

I'd be more worried that it's a Cryptic product.  I've seen puddles with more depth than Cryptic game design. 

• NitreNitre Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

f2p mmos can never be the next big thing, so its Titan . is wildstar p2p or b2p..anyone knows?

neverwinter will be good btu its f2p so no

teso is what p2p?

How do you know titan is not F2P?

Plus, Marvel Heroes is F2P AAA ... and it may be the next big thing.

HAHAHAHAHA Marvel Heroes the next big thing! HAHAHAHA

lmao i cant get over it...

u know how i know Titan is not f2p? ppl love blizzard games and pay good money for it and blizzard knows that better than anyone.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Titan and EQN will have a nice dogfight I think. New tech will beat out for the next gen king. Not saying most sold mind you, best game.
    Originally posted by Aelious
    Titan and EQN will have a nice dogfight I think. New tech will beat out for the next gen king. Not saying most sold mind you, best game.

except its SOE behind EQN and i much rather give my money to blizzard who didnt dissapoint me sofar and didnt ruin a few MMOS.

EQN is no competition for titan.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Draemos

Archage is a very niche product that will not do well with average gamers,  it's combat engine is terrible even for an MMO.

ArcheAge is pretty much the minecraft MMORPG.

Might get suprisingly popular, even for Asian game.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

I know people on here probably hate the game, but Planetside 2 is honestly looking fucking incredible! 

Epic battles and a more sandbox approach to a shooter? Whats not to love?! 

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I am enjoying my time in GW2. Still not maxed out on any of my characters. No it's not perfect, but I like exploring and the flow of DE's (wish they all worked right). I think GW2 is just the start of a new way of doing things with an MMO and it will get better. The next best MMO has not been announced yet, but someone is working on it now.
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    GW3 to come out in 6-10 years down the line.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I will say that Blizzards 'Titan' will be the next big mmo for the masses.

Unfortunately I am not looking forward to that mmorpg, however I am looking forward to the Repopulation and Word of Darkness.

And to future developers, please let's cut the crap on creating these themepark mmo's which only last a month or two. Build a Game World we can immerse and get lost in. I swear all these themepark mmo's can be played on a gaming console now and are nothing but a single player rpg game.

Originally posted by Draemos

i agree with that, wildstar better be really good cause i love everything ive seen sofar,

and archeage..i dont get the hype..i dont find the game appealing at al. sandbox bleh..i dont really care about that.

ok the graphics are nice and it has some great landscapes i saw on screenshot..i probably have to try it out.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

There is not as many people buying new gaming rigs anymore, and need their mmo to run on older hardware.

This is the next big mmo, the real WoW killer!

• EyrothathEyrothath Member UncommonPosts: 200

Probably a ways away but I am looking forward to Embers of Caerus, World of Darkness, Archeage, The Repopulation and Darkfall: Unholy Wars.. I also generally avoid any game that wants to be a "WoW Killer" because I know it is just a clone and they are trying to get the attention of all the WoW fans, they only want to compete with WoW..

"Otherland" is also on the horrizon and has peaked my interest, the novels it is based on are great.. It's also gonna be Free 2 Play..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT40EhYgy-g

Originally posted by Terrorizor

There is not as many people buying new gaming rigs anymore, and need their mmo to run on older hardware.

This is the next big mmo, the real WoW killer!

Hell yes!! An 8 bit MMO is exactly what we need!!

You can also play http://www.realmofthemadgod.com

• GoobGoob Member Posts: 398

None... its time to realize that the best MMO's are already out.

Developers don't know what gamers want. They are driven by shareholders/corporate that want a piece of the mainstream pie (simple, casual-friendly, mind-numbing WoW style gaming).. and so we get something like GW2. Or they are driven by the brooooad spectrum of player feedback that no one in their right mind can hope to capture in a game to satisfy all and we end up with a low-budget "nice try I guess" kind of game that burns out fast.

MMO gamers are looking for something cool to invest a lot of time in and feel part of a massive online world.  We have too many options now - and most of them are games that are too simple - that we don't feel there is anything worth our time. The MMO genre was born upon gamers having fun in communities that made the most out of the content provided. You had to ask General chat questions all the time because you had no idea where anything was or how to complete the most basic, mundane level 13 quest. There was far less hand-holding which led to an actual community.

Allow me to make a prediction... its going to be a low budget game that captures most of our hearts. I'm finding that in PC gaming in general, the non-AAA titles are what are actually adding some satisfaction to my gaming life. Bastion... Torchlight 2... these are great, memorable games that weren't published in an attempt to make a 100 people rich by appealing to the largest market.

Back to my original point: until the genre evolves to this point were some crafty, low graphic quality (even 2D) game comes out that has the same immersion and involvement that we want... go play something from the past that actually has what you're  looking for.

Or realize you shouldn't be playing games for the wrong reasons. They're just games; play, have fun. Don't expect something you can call a lifestyle.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Aelious

except its SOE behind EQN and i much rather give my money to blizzard who didnt dissapoint me sofar and didnt ruin a few MMOS.

EQN is no competition for titan.

Far too early to make that assumption since we know nothing about one and next to nothing about the other.  We do know about EQN regarding Forgelight, SoEMote (It's uses with spell weaving and social interaction) and that it's supposed harken toward EQLive.  Titan will be epic no doubt but I would not discount the tech involved in each.  EQ2 far surpasses WoW in the tech department as it is and who knows what else EQN has up it's sleeve.  Both should be worth watching.

SoE got their butts handed to them when EQ2 went against WoW.  Although I think EQ2 is the deeper and richer game that obviously didn't help them.  I'm sure SoE is better prepared for this fight and I did say better game which would be subjective to me.  I have a feeling it will try to draw another type of online playerbase.  Maybe even a movie lead-up to EQN? Who knows.

• yewsefyewsef Member CommonPosts: 335
    World of Darkness was the biggest thing coming next, but CCP pulled the plug off this project as far as I can remember.
  • BercilakBercilak Albion OnlineMember Posts: 108

The next big MMO is a high quality sandbox game, with an extensive Housing System (like a real complex structure building system, where you can create your own village). Of couse you have your Darkfalls and Mortal Onlines out there but these games (as much as i like them), do lack a bit of quality and usability and more often then not they are extremely grinding heavy!

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

ArchAge is just another asian mmo. It'll come and go, disappear into the sunset.

Once the hype train starts for Elder Scrolls Online you'll see the herd of sheep start to follow it pretty heavily.

Beyond that, there isn't anything. WoW's negative influence on the gaming genre has finally killed companies interest in making new copies of WoW.

The hype train for Elder Scrolls Online has already begun.  You can join a guild for the game that has not yet been made here:  http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1407422-teso-guild-list/.  Baaaa.  Baaaaa.

Anyway, I'm voting Otherland.  I do likes f2p.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

ArcheAge 2020 (maybe) but before that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=729VkxC4Z6E#!

Cube World.

Let's internet

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by Vannor

If the foundry content creator in Neverwinter is good, then Neverwinter could be the next big thing. It all depends on how good the Foundry is though. Doesn't look as good a single player game editor like in NW1 (who expects it to be?) but it looks promising to me.

Judge for yourself, first part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7WgszhNN4

second part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzSBodMnPtU

If they do pull it off.. we'll basicaly have an MMO with unlimited content. I'd class unlimited content as something different. If the editor is especially good then the sky's the limit in terms of content variety and storytelling. Would be no need for endgame concerns when potentially hundreds or even thousands of new quests/dungeons appear every day thanks to other players.

There is still a whole lot of 'ifs" with Neverwinter.  I used to be incredibly stoked over it but now am much more reserved judgement.  Models aren'looking all that great (noteably the dwarf), combat is still hardly known or how it will entice players (people bashed guilds wars 2 for limited skills while Neverwinter is way worsely limited skill number wise). character custimization extent is unkown.  Problem with modeling after D&D is that you really have to play your cards right or you will get raped by the fans.

Foundry is a great thing but it could also turn out to be a "meh" feature as it highly limits the players since there is no PW creations (persistent worlds) which are critical to the devoters of the NWN 1/2 games.

I just hope Neverwinter won't be a SWTOR or ESO in that it's an IP cash grab.

I am a Forgotten Realms fan and I do NOT rape... games... for their attempts to bring my favorite world closer to me.  Drow FTW!

• The_FranchiseThe_Franchise Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by tixylix

SWTOR and GW2 felt too much like more of the same to me, still grinding on mobs and doing battlegrounds. I don't like Planetside 2, just feels really poor as a shooter and nothing like Planetside, no surprise really as it is SOE.

Just can't see anything else right now....

just want that innovative genre defining title that we haven't had for 7 years, bored of the same old crap.

Guess you just aren't playing it right.

• OboyyOboyy Member Posts: 15

Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

hopefully it kicks as much butt as the first darkfall did.

Originally posted by Bercilak

The next big MMO is a high quality sandbox game, with an extensive Housing System (like a real complex structure building system, where you can create your own village). Of couse you have your Darkfalls and Mortal Onlines out there but these games (as much as i like them), do lack a bit of quality and usability and more often then not they are extremely grinding heavy!

Hopefully Darkfall: Unholy Wars will live up and make up from the mistakes they made in the first game...