Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gold sellers

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by MosesZD
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Every popular game gets that at the beginning. Rift was absolutely awful - I would have 25 emails from gold sellers when I logged in. I would have to go to town to erase them. At least GW2 lets you do that on the fly.

You really don't have to make every post to directly or indirectly defend GW2. Topic is about gold sellers problem, not about the email feature which lets you delete spam on fly. Jeez!

And who died and made you Internet Nanny?    If he wants to say what he wants to say...   It's his perogative.   If he steps over the line, the system will get him.

I was just TRYING to point out that OTHER games, at the beginning, had the same issue. PERIOD. It always happens.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by MosesZD
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Every popular game gets that at the beginning. Rift was absolutely awful - I would have 25 emails from gold sellers when I logged in. I would have to go to town to erase them. At least GW2 lets you do that on the fly.

You really don't have to make every post to directly or indirectly defend GW2. Topic is about gold sellers problem, not about the email feature which lets you delete spam on fly. Jeez!

And who died and made you Internet Nanny?    If he wants to say what he wants to say...   It's his perogative.   If he steps over the line, the system will get him.

Ok...i will follow your example since you are such a sport when it comes to handling negative view points regarding GW2. Thanks for your help.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Overhere in europe, goldsellers are everywhere, spamming their advertisements and using hacked accounts to do so.

Sad thing is that i need to report every single one of them, knowing that it will in the end hurt the players that have been hacked.

Personally i hold players that buy gold from goldsellers responsible for this, they are the single reason goldsellers are still advertising, selling and hacking accounts.  So please people if you need to buy gold, buy it with gems from the gemshop. Its the only way to stop the hacking. 

i totally agree with this..if someone needs to go to a goldseller then what is the point..after what i have been tthru and  still going thu .i have finally given up on this game which is rather sad .wont be the first bit of money i've wasted on an mmo.probably wont be the last.this sounds a bad thing to say but those people who buy gold from these gold spammers i hope you get your accounts hacked.see how you people whoever you are ,like it being on the receiving end.i have respect for all gamers but this has really upset me..why you may ask..i think the game is brilliant and loved playing it.not gonna do another  post on this matter or gw2 for that matter..enough is enough..i'll stick with TSW.gl to all and hope you really enjoy playing the game.

• I dunno but since you can see people global names from chat you can kind of tell that alot of the spam accounts, at least on Devona's Rest, are hacked accounts as hacker created names are usually nonsense.

Normally I don't care much but the sheer volume of these assholes stealing from people is starting to piss me off quite a bit.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by donaldduck
    I'd like to see a system in place where if say 10 people all report a spammer then that account is blocked making it unable to send any more messages until its been investigated.

That would be an excellent addition. I had to block the spammers, even after reporting them.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Overhere in europe, goldsellers are everywhere, spamming their advertisements and using hacked accounts to do so.

Sad thing is that i need to report every single one of them, knowing that it will in the end hurt the players that have been hacked.

Personally i hold players that buy gold from goldsellers responsible for this, they are the single reason goldsellers are still advertising, selling and hacking accounts.  So please people if you need to buy gold, buy it with gems from the gemshop. Its the only way to stop the hacking. 

Makes one wonder who is stupid enough to buy gold in GW2 to save a few bucks when you actually can do it safe? Not only do they risk banning (a very real risk since it isnt that hard to track mails ingame, you cant just give someone in item in GW2), people who buy gold themsleves have an highly increased chanse of getting hacked themselves.

But I guess some people are just plain idiots.

Please use gems if you must buy gold, and if not you actually deserves to be hacked. Because you can bet that almost 100% of all gold they sell is stolen, and you help fund all kind of shady people.

Originally posted by Psychow
    I'd like to see a system in place where if say 10 people all report a spammer then that account is blocked making it unable to send any more messages until its been investigated.

That would be an excellent addition. I had to block the spammers, even after reporting them.

I second that as long as it is a time limited blocking. I would also block their mail for the moment, making things harder for them to mail any gold to people or those spammmails they send.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

I bet there are plenty of people using same passwords in many games on many sites etc etc, I think that is the major problem. Also you see gold sellers as scum and dicks ruining your game but on the other side it might be a guy doing it so he can put food on the table.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Forget the horrible english, that is to be expected.  What astonished me was their terrible math as well.  I got some mail that advertised 20g for $58.00 or, if you really want a deal, 100g for $295.00, "5% extra!"

A+ deal there. 

Originally posted by Homitu

Forget the horrible english, that is to be expected.  What astonished me was their terrible math as well.  I got some mail that advertised 20g for $58.00 or, if you really want a deal, 100g for $295.00, "5% extra!"

A+ deal there. 

Should have mailed back fixed his error. :D

Originally posted by Kuro1n

I bet there are plenty of people using same passwords in many games on many sites etc etc, I think that is the major problem. Also you see gold sellers as scum and dicks ruining your game but on the other side it might be a guy doing it so he can put food on the table.

And you can say the same for drug dealers, thieves and whatever.

Almost all gold sellers today live by hijacking accounts, anything else is not economically sound today.

GW2 cost $60 and the work hours for farming gold is pretty long. On the other hand can you steal peoples gold a lot faster and easier, as you say are many people using their mail and single password (which also go to their mail making stealing an account easy).

So they are thieves. MMO players do work for their stuff and they take it from us. It is not that different from someone stealing your bike.

Originally posted by Loke666

And you can say the same for drug dealers, thieves and whatever.

Almost all gold sellers today live by hijacking accounts, anything else is not economically sound today.

GW2 cost $60 and the work hours for farming gold is pretty long. On the other hand can you steal peoples gold a lot faster and easier, as you say are many people using their mail and single password (which also go to their mail making stealing an account easy).

So they are thieves. MMO players do work for their stuff and they take it from us. It is not that different from someone stealing your bike.

Well I still think its a minor problem for sheltered people like us who have the privilege to play games and stuff and not fighting for food. That discussion is way to big though and quite off topic so better not go there I guess. :p

However it is kinda the players fault IF they got their account stolen by having the same password and email etc on several sites. Common sense is rare these days you know. Ofc there are other ways this can happen, so I'm not saying everyone who get their account compromised is stupid. Just the majority is by something that I believe could easily have been prevented.

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

Buying Gold is a problem in every game so no real surprise there.

But GW2 kinda encourages you to spend Money for Gold thats what there whole Gem trading market is about so in GW2 i see Goldsellers a bit different.

I always was against Goldsellers but GW2 encourages this so if i would want to buy Gold why would i be stupid and spend way WAY more over Anet than i would spend over another Vendor?

Do not get me wrong i still think Goldsellers are a pest and should be dealt with but everytime i get a mail or see a spam i go to the Gem store and see what i would have to pay for the same amount of gold through Anet and everytime i feel ripped off.

I am aware that a lot of you will tell me now its saver and such but i am sure that you could find enough Goldsellers who would not ask for any of the critical account infos so there really is no danger in it.

Originally posted by Doomedfox

But GW2 kinda encourages you to spend Money for Gold thats what there whole Gem trading market is about so in GW2 i see Goldsellers a bit different.

I always was against Goldsellers but GW2 encourages this so if i would want to buy Gold why would i be stupid and spend way WAY more over Anet than i would spend over another Vendor?

Do not get me wrong i still think Goldsellers are a pest and should be dealt with but everytime i get a mail or see a spam i go to the Gem store and see what i would have to pay for the same amount of gold through Anet and everytime i feel ripped off.

I am aware that a lot of you will tell me now its saver and such but i am sure that you could find enough Goldsellers who would not ask for any of the critical account infos so there really is no danger in it.

Wait what? People give out their information to gold sellers just like that? ._.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Imma get a couple of friends and all 10 of us will report random people who are annoying as spammers. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Well I still think its a minor problem for sheltered people like us who have the privilege to play games and stuff and not fighting for food. That discussion is way to big though and quite off topic so better not go there I guess. :p

However it is kinda the players fault IF they got their account stolen by having the same password and email etc on several sites. Common sense is rare these days you know. Ofc there are other ways this can happen, so I'm not saying everyone who get their account compromised is stupid. Just the majority is by something that I believe could easily have been prevented.

Agreed (I dont really see people fighting for food would run a scam like this anyways but it is a luxuary problem).

And yes, people with bad internet security, particularly the ones attracting attention of the goldsellers by buying it do get hacked a lot more often than more paranoid users.

I wouldnt call those people stupid thought, lacking knowledge is not the same thing as being stupid and not all people are net geeks.

Originally posted by Castillle

Imma get a couple of friends and all 10 of us will report random people who are annoying as spammers. 

And think a little about that. 

You reported 5 innocent people as goldsellers, who do you think will be banned after the mods done their checkup?

Not smart.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Xerith

Anet doesn't control the market price, its based on market trends and supply/demand. Just look at the chart to see how it fluctuates over the course of the day. 

Inb4 someone says Anet is in the shadows contolling the supply and demand. 

And yea we can blame goldsellers all we want, but lets face it, if there was no market for it then they wouldn't be here to begin with. 

Actually, gems are at a fixed rate. The more you spend at once, the more you get at once. Reason it fluxates is because people tend to always put lesser amounts which yeild much less in response.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

I know some people buy gold "not to win the game" but instead to make one less thing to worry about, made the game more care free for the care bear. 

I once bought gold for UO years ago.... and got caught. Best thing that ever happened to me. Made me respect the game more and not mess with gold sellers!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Wait what? People give out their information to gold sellers just like that? ._.

I dont really know but how else could your account be in danger from buying gold?

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    So, some idiots are getting hacked cause they bought gold and hacks from goldsellers, then the players that play the game in a legit form report the hacked acc being used by the scammers and BAM the idiots lose 60$ and have to buy another copy, oh this cycle is so sweet. :)

I dont really know but how else could your account be in danger from buying gold?

Well, for one thing you have to pay them, so chanses are high that they will get your mail account. And just by getting an ingame mail will they see your accountname (like icdud.1234 or something) and they can run that through a whole bunch of stolen databases to see if you used that before.

So mail and accountname that you used somewhere else as well, and they know you played.

By just having yor mail you never used before things are a lot harder but they can still crack it, particularly is you have an easy password.

Anyways, since you actually can buy legal gold, buying stolen means the person doing it probably is an idiot and they are usually easy to trick. Dont buy stolen stuff, M'OKAY.

Originally posted by Purutzil
    Originally posted by Xerith

Anet doesn't control the market price, its based on market trends and supply/demand. Just look at the chart to see how it fluctuates over the course of the day. 

Inb4 someone says Anet is in the shadows contolling the supply and demand. 

And yea we can blame goldsellers all we want, but lets face it, if there was no market for it then they wouldn't be here to begin with. 

Actually, gems are at a fixed rate. The more you spend at once, the more you get at once. Reason it fluxates is because people tend to always put lesser amounts which yeild much less in response.

If ANet did not intend to controll the prizes than tell me why we can not sell our gems for what we want?

Why do we have to buy/sell them through a system that leaves us completly in the dark?

I can not proove that ANet is controlling the prizes neither can anyone proove they do not but if you think about it than it at least seems fishy.

Originally posted by TsaboHavoc
    So, some idiots are getting hacked cause they bought gold and hacks from goldsellers, then the players that play the game in a legit form report the hacked acc being used by the scammers and BAM the idiots lose 60$ and have to buy another copy, oh this cycle is so sweet. :)

Except that we get spammed by the goldsellers.

But since you cant trade ANET can easily see if you bought gold from a stolen account and ban you even if it didnt get stolen. That is the real reason you cant trade and must use mail. 

If a hijacked account sends 50 gold to someone else in mail, do you think that is suspicious or not? And if you would be a GM, would you ban the other account?

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Also, I don't know if it's been brought up yet, but the gem > gold rate is not the same as the gold > gem rate.  For example, 1g might get you 370 gems, but if you try to buy gold using 370 gems, you might only get 60 silver.  Anyone have a concrete reason for this?  Is this just a result of so many more people trying to buy gold with gems than vice versa recently?