Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why GW2 would globally score only 30%

Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

MMORPG members rate it 91% (525 votes):

Metacritic members rate it 84% (1226 votes):

So for each 2.4x increas in votes, the game drops 7% in rating. Following this clear logic I have calculated the global user experience for the +2.000.000 users that Guild Wars 2 now counts. Follow the calculation below.

77% =     3.025 votes

70% =     7.260 votes

63% =    17.420 votes

56% =    41.810 votes

49% =   100.329 votes

42% =   240.790 votes

35% = 1.386.950 votes

28% = 3.328.677 votes

So, the game would score about 30% if we asked the personal opinion of everyone playing the game. Instead of only asking the personal opinion gathered here at the forums who tends to be that of real gamers who would play and enjoy every game there's out there without bashing the next one.

Why, do you ask again? Because logic on these forum fails, and the maths even more.

PS: This is clearly irony, if my rant is worth a ban so be it. I have contributed enough to fair discussions but it's getting beyond rediculous. You can put a spin on everything, and nothing is too stupid it seems. I'm a fan of GW2, and I rated it 91% here on MMORPG, because I believe that's a fair score. Have a nice weekend all, I'm almost done for the week at work, it's time for some GW2 fun. See you on monday, if I can still access this topic.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

HONEY BADGER!!!!1!

Here's a poem.

Roses are red.
    Violets are a shade of blue.
    Poems are hard.
    Bacon.

I hit some sort of nonsense limit in my brain yesterday reading posts on GW2 and this is the best I can do.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by lizardbones

HONEY BADGER!!!!1!

Here's a poem.

Roses are red.
    Poems are hard.
    Bacon.

I hit some sort of nonsense limit in my brain yesterday reading posts on GW2 and this is the best I can do.

You should copyright that!

p.s. Math is hard.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

HONEY BADGER!!!!1!

Here's a poem.

Roses are red.
    Poems are hard.
    Bacon.

Exactly what I mean :) but don't worry, it's almost weekend and I'm almost freed of MMORPG forums untill next monday. I don't go to the forums when I can play a game instead.

BTW: Everybody likes bacon.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

As a 1/2 Vulcan I give this theory my Logical Stamp of Approval.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    u can say GW2 has millions of account.... but if the game was pay to play monthly i bet it would be far lower because i know of fact 4 ppl (including me) who brought GW2 and dont play it cos it sucks

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

Originally posted by BadSpock

As a 1/2 Vulcan I give this theory my Logical Stamp of Approval.

Thank you. You have put another smile on my face :).

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Every person who has reviewed the game falls into one of two catagories:

1) Already paid ArenaNet $60+ dollars

2) Haven't really played, and are just making crap up

So... ArenaNet = 1, your math = 0.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    [mod edit]
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Ah but if you were looking at two points at the top of a inverted exponential curve it would be a score of 0 by about 50,000 votes and a million people would rate it near negative infinity.

Sounds like GW2's score it so bad it risks creating a singularity and killing us all.

Originally posted by udon

Ah but if you were looking at two points at the top of a inverted exponential curve it would be a score of 0 by about 50,000 votes and a million people would rate it near negative infinity.

Sounds like GW2's score it so bad it risks creating a singularity and killing us all.

My head exploded. Thanks. Now I need a new one. Maybe the next one will have better hair...........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

You are clearly on to something. Maybe that's why AreaNet has stopped the sales for a week. To avoid this horrible trend of lower ratings and save the world.

Wasn't the world going to end this year? Maybe it's a sign.

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

My head exploded. Thanks. Now I need a new one. Maybe the next one will have better hair...........

Juding your avatar, it still looks like a sheep. :p

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by Ethos86

So for each 2.4x increas in votes, the game drops 7% in rating. Following this clear logic I have calculated the global user experience for the +2.000.000 users that Guild Wars 2 now counts. Follow the calculation below.

77% =     3.025 votes

70% =     7.260 votes

63% =    17.420 votes

56% =    41.810 votes

49% =   100.329 votes

42% =   240.790 votes

35% = 1.386.950 votes

28% = 3.328.677 votes

So, the game would score about 30% if we asked the personal opinion of everyone playing the game. Instead of only asking the personal opinion gathered here at the forums who tends to be that of real gamers who would play and enjoy every game there's out there without bashing the next one.

Why, do you ask again? Because logic on these forum fails, and the maths even more.

PS: This is clearly irony, if my rant is worth a ban so be it. I have contributed enough to fair discussions but it's getting beyond rediculous. You can put a spin on everything, and nothing is too stupid it seems. I'm a fan of GW2, and I rated it 91% here on MMORPG, because I believe that's a fair score. Have a nice weekend all, I'm almost done for the week at work, it's time for some GW2 fun. See you on monday, if I can still access this topic.

can you do same math for WoW? :D

Originally posted by saurus123

77% =     3.025 votes

70% =     7.260 votes

63% =    17.420 votes

56% =    41.810 votes

49% =   100.329 votes

42% =   240.790 votes

35% = 1.386.950 votes

28% = 3.328.677 votes

can you do same math for WoW? :D

Only have 15 minutes left at the office... so no I don't feel like it :D. Also, I'm afraid I'll have to use my uber math skills and eventually will need to divide by 0. We don't want that to happen do we.

ADMINS! For the love of God, give me a straight-faced, blinking-eyed emoticon!

I'm a goat.

Meheheheheh, not bahahahahah.

/sheesh

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

HONEY BADGER!!!!1!

Here's a poem.

Roses are red.
    Poems are hard.
    Bacon.

Bacon! Mmmmm.... Best poem ever......

I brain freeze hurt and english bad I do.....

I'm a goat.

/sheesh

You think that's a goat, but that's your PERSONAL OPINON. My opinion is that it looks more like a sheep. And since mine opinion is just as valid as yours... ehm.... I don't know how we will settle this... maybe we need a new topic and a poll?

Shit i'm confused now. Help...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Quizzical
    See, kids?  This is why you stay in school:  so that you don't end up with the mathematical abilities of a mainstream media journalist, like Ethos86 here has.Also, by your logic, if GW2 had enough players, its rating would become negative.

You have so missed the point. He's talking REVIEWS, not PLAYERS! HA! HA! Jokes on you, buddy!

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

I'm a goat.

/sheesh

You think that's a goat, but that's your PERSONAL OPINON. My opinion is that it looks more like a sheep. And since mine opinion is just as valid as yours... ehm.... I don't know how we will settle this... maybe we need a new topic and a poll?

Shit i'm confused now. Help...

You're saying it's my personal opinion that I'm a goat. Man, I must be playing it wrong.

*Mehehehehehehehe

Nope, pretty sure. I'm a goat. A mighty fine looking one, if I do say so myself.

• UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88

Everyones views will differ but here is mine:-

Played WoW for 6 years , the last 2 before i gave it up i was just subbing for the sake of it (my preciousssssss characters and epics :P, till i saw the light how diluted and crap the game had got)

SWTOR and TSW, played SWTOR 4 months and TSW a month........

Played GW2 since August 25th and im have more fun with this game probably (bar first 2 years of WoW) than all of the above time played of the 3 games mentioned combined.

You're saying it's my personal opinion that I'm a goat. Man, I must be playing it wrong.

*Mehehehehehehehe

Nope, pretty sure. I'm a goat. A mighty fine looking one, if I do say so myself.

But you sound like a sheep. Clearly goat's aren't for everyone.

*Mehehehehehehehe

How many times do I have to go over this?

Goat = Meheheheheheh

Sheep = Bahahahahahah

I know someone is sounding those out in their cubicle right now, much to the delight of their co-workers.

Originally posted by Urko

Everyones views will differ but here is mine:-

Played WoW for 6 years , the last 2 before i gave it up i was just subbing for the sake of it (my preciousssssss characters and epics :P, till i saw the light how diluted and crap the game had got)

SWTOR and TSW, played SWTOR 4 months and TSW a month........

Played GW2 since August 25th and im have more fun with this game probably (bar first 2 years of WoW) than all of the above time played of the 3 games mentioned combined.

OMG how can this be. I make 0 (aka zero, nada, noppes) sense, yet some reasonable guy is posting in here. What happend with this world.

*Mehehehehehehehe

Goat = Meheheheheheh

Sheep = Bahahahahahah

I know someone is sounding those out in their cubicle right now, much to the delight of their co-workers.

Hahaha, guilty... luckely everbody left about 5 minutes ago.

Still... in Belgium sheeps go *Mehehehehehe. And don't make me use maths to prove it! I WARN YOU! Cause I WILL!

*Mehehehehehehehe

Goat = Meheheheheheh

Sheep = Bahahahahahah

Hahaha, guilty... luckely everbody left about 5 minutes ago.

Still... in Belgium sheeps go *Mehehehehehe. And don't make me use maths to prove it! I WARN YOU! Cause I WILL!

That explains it! I've never met a Belgish sheep.

They probably have goat-envy.

This discussion has been closed.