Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons - The Lack of the Trinity

12346»

Comments

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

There is a chart on one of the wikis which lays out all of the combos. There are some combos which do AE buffs and others single target buffs and debuffs. Some heal, some do retaliation etc.

And yes group play is vital in this game to completing a dungeon experience without having to zerg it. I did the lvl 30 dungeon story mode twice. The first time we got stuck on 3 rangers who totally kicked our groups but and no matter what we did we couuldnt get past them. Our group wasnt working very well.

The second group we went right through that spot with little problem - I think one player was downed. The only trouble we had in the dungeon was the twin boss area. We all took about 5+ deaths to finish that fight. We did hit a few other snags in tricky areas of the dungeon that we didnt know - traps and the like and it took us a while to get used to each other and fight better. In the end we did finish the dungeon. As a mesmer many times I used a variety of clones to keep aggro off me from a difficult boss and was able to stay alive while the rest of the team had died somewhere along the way. Doing that I could stay afloat long enough for my team to get back and thus not lose progress by having the mob/mobs heal back to full again.

The mechanics are simply different and its going to take people a while to get used to them.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

There is no trinty in GW2, but that doesn't mean that there are no coordiantion and tasks to do. Difference and complexity(reffered as chaos, dying, zerg fest) is that everyone needs to do everything, instead just one role.

1. Support your team defensively - heals, protection, condition curing those are major deals. Good coordination makes nigh impossible fights suddenly controlable. Previously 1-2 person job. Now everyone needs to pull their weight, looking at buffs and healthabrs to buff and cure conditions aka cooperation.

2. Support your team offensively - blind, cripple, weakness again turns big scary monster that 2 shot people into slowpoke that can't hit anything. In trinity 1-2 debuffers were enough. Again everyone needs to pay attention to debuffs and chain them aka cooperation.

3. Pull mobs away, CC them, try to get their aggro, use protective bubbles to help dying member and get them up. It's not 1-2 person job anymore. Too many dead people => to few buffs, debuffs and "tanks" => you die faster. Again cooperation.

4. Keep eye on mobs/boss actions - dodge, position yourself or use protective bubbles. While this doesn't require much of cooperation, it was mostly tank job in trinity model(+some easy scripted events). Now it's everyones job. Not doing so result in often downed/dead state which makes you dead weight for team.

Anyways if I can say anything about dungeons - they are way too forgiving currently, often alowing die zerg to progress without learning a thing(cept that dungeons suck cus you die and have repair bill). The good example is a golem fight in CM story(lvl 30 dungeon). Only after duo-ing it I reckoginzed it attacks and learned how to avoid them. With 5 people we zerged it. And it has nice anti range attacks(fires a deadly rockets) as well as nasty flamethrower that makes it impossible to stay 100% melee.

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    QQ cry me a river... The guy here thinks that is bad that any class can basically do a dungeon... The guy is crying cause he wants to wait for hours for a specific class to come to help them... God Im glad I dont have to waits hours on in for a certain class.