Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Failed MMO

1235»

Comments

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Eggy, you said, "Congrats, you just wasted 50$ and 100 hours if you want to look at it that way. Next time make your own financial decisions instead of following the croud, you got a brain don't you?"

To which I replied, "I have a brain. After playing the beta I didn't buy release because the game sucks. For whatever reason however, even though nary a damn thing changed in the actual practice of gameplay between beta and release, my opinions posted on this site are denigrated since I didn't buy release, which is foolish. I feel those people are jealous I still have my $60"

and further, don't buy into hype.

It's cut and dry. You people need to settle down.

youre still ignoring your own words. Simplay stating I have a brain is to say that anyone who didn't do what you did must not have a brain. The rest highlighted in red has ben outlined for you before. If you can't understand that, then you must not have a  brain.....HA! See what I did there? ;-)

The person asked if he/she had a brain, to which this person responded "I have a brain."  If the first person hadn't asked the question I would agree with the rest of your post, but it was asked, and answered.

Pretty sure that question was to the OP, not to him nor anyone who doesn't like the game in particular. So no, that really doesn't answer the question...

I took it as a posit in general, eggy and replied in open-forum format. Should I consider you specifically implied the specified user is to be insulted?

It is his thread, is it not? So thus I want a reason for its existence. Pretty sure I was quite clear on the subject of my post that started all this in the first place.

The convo changed since the beginning. It began with "why do current mmos run out of steam after 100 hours", became other things, then to "let the buyer beware", to finally "fanboi and peripheral rag-day bitchfest".

First paragraph:

"Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?"

"I think the problem is that I have clocked over 100+ hours on this game already ."

Second paragraph:

"Was Diablo 3 a failure ?"

3rd paragraph:

"So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short ."

"People need to stop hyping games , Ive wasted hundreds of dollars on games that this site has given thumbs up on and found them to be shallow ."

Sorry, did I miss somewhere that my assumptions of the OP fell short? Becuase I'm pretty sure that each of my paragraphs followed his posts quite closely.

Yeh, you missed the part I actually was agreeing with you from the counterpoint in that I don't like the game, which caused you to insult me.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by freeman1980
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by Voyager-Kes
    Originally posted by afhn2110

While I can't stand the game...i'd say GW2 is FAR from failing

I'll give it 4 more weeks until a severe population drop.Already lots and lots of people complaining to be bored and the game feeling pointless and unrewarding.

This won't end well. I see another SWTOR scenario coming. Hype at the beginning, then reality hits hard.

Only this time, there won't be a F2P option because GW2 already is F2P

They dont need a F2P option genius. The more you post the less clued in you appear to be. To put it mildly your knowledge is stunningly poor on this.

SWTOR cost the MOST money for any MMO ever to be produced. By not making its money back it failed. F2P is their hope of making money in the future so the game does not end up being a financial failure over the long term. GW2 very well might have turned a profit just on the 2.2 million sales it already has.

I agree.

I don't know what dis believers will be saying next when GW2 will sell 1 billion copies and Mike O Brian will be the new President. These people will have no choice then. They will have to believe.

Try the decaf.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

Eggy, you said, "Congrats, you just wasted 50$ and 100 hours if you want to look at it that way. Next time make your own financial decisions instead of following the croud, you got a brain don't you?"

To which I replied, "I have a brain. After playing the beta I didn't buy release because the game sucks. For whatever reason however, even though nary a damn thing changed in the actual practice of gameplay between beta and release, my opinions posted on this site are denigrated since I didn't buy release, which is foolish. I feel those people are jealous I still have my $60"

youre still ignoring your own words. Simplay stating I have a brain is to say that anyone who didn't do what you did must not have a brain. The rest highlighted in red has ben outlined for you before. If you can't understand that, then you must not have a  brain.....HA! See what I did there? ;-)

The person asked if he/she had a brain, to which this person responded "I have a brain."  If the first person hadn't asked the question I would agree with the rest of your post, but it was asked, and answered.

Pretty sure that question was to the OP, not to him nor anyone who doesn't like the game in particular. So no, that really doesn't answer the question...

I took it as a posit in general, eggy and replied in open-forum format. Should I consider you specifically implied the specified user is to be insulted?

It is his thread, is it not? So thus I want a reason for its existence. Pretty sure I was quite clear on the subject of my post that started all this in the first place.

The convo changed since the beginning. It began with "why do current mmos run out of steam after 100 hours", became other things, then to "let the buyer beware", to finally "fanboi and peripheral rag-day bitchfest".

First paragraph:

"Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?"

"I think the problem is that I have clocked over 100+ hours on this game already ."

Second paragraph:

3rd paragraph:

"So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short ."

"People need to stop hyping games , Ive wasted hundreds of dollars on games that this site has given thumbs up on and found them to be shallow ."

Sorry, did I miss somewhere that my assumptions of the OP fell short? Becuase I'm pretty sure that each of my paragraphs followed his posts quite closely.

Yeh, you missed the part I actually was agreeing with you from the counterpoint in that I don't like the game, which caused you to insult me.

Would you like me to say I'm sorry? Listen, I realize now that you were going with me now that you cleared it up. But the way you came across, you sounded like you were not. So thus I stated long ago that you could of easily been misinterpretted. But instead of saying "ya, I guess I could of been." You stab at my post on the OP instead. And then call us fanbois because we are defending our case since you clearly didn't see where we found the misinterpretation from the start, and could of ended this whole convorsation with a simple. "No, I'm not calling everyone who likes GW2 dumb or has no brain. That was misinterpretted. I am agreeing with your post." Instead you bashed her and then basically said you were being ignorant to her point. So I was simply trying to back her up instead since you sounded even more like you were bashing GW2 fans than ever.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

First paragraph:

Second paragraph:

3rd paragraph:

Would you like me to say I'm sorry? Listen, I realize now that you were going with me now that you cleared it up. But the way you came across, you sounded like you were not. So thus I stated long ago that you could of easily been misinterpretted. But instead of saying "ya, I guess I could of been." You stab at my post on the OP instead. And then call us fanbois because we are defending our case since you clearly didn't see where we found the misinterpretation from the start, and could of ended this whole convorsation with a simple. "No, I'm not calling everyone who likes GW2 dumb or has no brain. That was misinterpretted. I am agreeing with your post." Instead you bashed her and then basically said you were being ignorant to her point. So I was simply trying to back her up instead since you sounded even more like you were bashing GW2 fans than ever.

That was your mistake. That person had no point.

This thread needs theme music...

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

It failed me..

Got level 80...  Now what?  I log in each day, leave my character AFK near the instance I want to do (Arah) and i glance over at chat and randomly spam "/map LFG Story"  or "/map LFM Story"

And have yet to get a group together... 

No instance finder = massive epic failure...

I go into WvWvW and I see zergs of people facing off against eachother shooting a few ranged attacks and then running away to heal.  It's like WoW's Wintergrasp 1.0

Being in a guild would help i'm sure, but you know what?  I did 80 levels, completed all the content just about and all the "group" "quests" without talking to another player once.  No one said a word to me and I never said a word to another player. 

There are no official forums to find guilds, there is no guild finder tool...  The best you can hope for is some random guild spamming for members...  I remember the days in back in WoW when I would find good guilds because I would run instances with random members and we both enjoyed playing together... 

Instance Finder tool = groups you with random players = gives you a chance to notice a pair of guildies who are good players that you can start a conversation with about joining their guild... You'll never ever find that in the open world with zergs of players just randomly shooting everything trying to get kill credit for each spawn.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Grailer

Wow what is going on with game makers these days ?

Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?

I just hope that EQ3 is going to have a better end game than this failed game .  So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short .

I've been around the genre for almost 14 years. IMO, this is one of the best MMOs the genre has ever seen, it is in no way a failure, by any standard. Personally, I'm already at the 205 hour mark for time played and I'm still loving the game. This is the first game since WoW that I've played anything even close to this much in the first three weeks and, sadly, the first MMO in about 5 years I've played for this much total time. I still think I will easily get 1,000+ hours from the content the game launched with and am glad to finally have a new MMO I can see myself playing for months and years to come.

I found that the game got better and better all the way to level 80 and with so much content and worldspace, it also offers great replayability. Did I mention the game remains fun?

So, yeah, what ever...

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by Grailer

Wow what is going on with game makers these days ?

Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?

I just hope that EQ3 is going to have a better end game than this failed game .  So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short .

I know this is a little off topic but.....wouldn't it technically be EQ4? Since there was EQ1, EQ online adventures, and EQ2? Making a total of 3?=p

Erm anyways sorry the game didn't work out for you but couldn't you have gone with a title like " Another MMO that turned out a miss for me." or something like that? Just saying you might get more construtive discussions that way, which I'm going to be postive minded and assume that is what you were going for.

This discussion has been closed.