Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Failed MMO

Comments

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    It's not too late for you 3 to apologize to me. I know that's not the cool thing to do around these forums, but it would be nice.
  • TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by freeman1980
    Originally posted by Voyager-Kes
    Originally posted by Grailer

Wow what is going on with game makers these days ?

Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?

I just hope that EQ3 is going to have a better end game than this failed game .  So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short .

GW2 is best MMO ever made. Period.  And no this is not debatable. You sire are wrong and don't know what MMOS are all about.

aahaha, this made me laugh so hard. Best MMO, period? GW2? This boring facebook like super casual epeen pandering piece of pointless software won't even make best MMO of 2012, not even talking about "ever made".

Please sire i am begging you. Please stop. Don't say bad and mean things about GW2. It is as if you are physicaly hurting me. Why would you hurt me? what have i ever done to you? ;(

Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    snip..
    You seem to be developing unhealthy obsession with me. If i didn't have GW2 in my life i would consider it but..for now..no thank you.

just callin' 'em as I see em "Sir".  Troll all you like I'll just watch from over here... eggy is handing out popcorn.

Originally posted by Kaelano1

Eggy, you said, "Congrats, you just wasted 50$ and 100 hours if you want to look at it that way. Next time make your own financial decisions instead of following the croud, you got a brain don't you?"

To which I replied, "I have a brain. After playing the beta I didn't buy release because the game sucks. For whatever reason however, even though nary a damn thing changed in the actual practice of gameplay between beta and release, my opinions posted on this site are denigrated since I didn't buy release, which is foolish. I feel those people are jealous I still have my $60"

and further, don't buy into hype.

It's cut and dry. You people need to settle down.

youre still ignoring your own words. Simplay stating I have a brain is to say that anyone who didn't do what you did must not have a brain. The rest highlighted in red has ben outlined for you before. If you can't understand that, then you must not have a  brain.....HA! See what I did there? ;-)

It is foolish for people to insult my understanding of the game on the basis of not having bought retail when I did play beta.

Eggy, you said, "Congrats, you just wasted 50$ and 100 hours if you want to look at it that way. Next time make your own financial decisions instead of following the croud, you got a brain don't you?"

To which I replied, "I have a brain. After playing the beta I didn't buy release because the game sucks. For whatever reason however, even though nary a damn thing changed in the actual practice of gameplay between beta and release, my opinions posted on this site are denigrated since I didn't buy release, which is foolish. I feel those people are jealous I still have my $60"

youre still ignoring your own words. Simplay stating I have a brain is to say that anyone who didn't do what you did must not have a brain. The rest highlighted in red has ben outlined for you before. If you can't understand that, then you must not have a  brain.....HA! See what I did there? ;-)

It is foolish for people to insult my understanding of the game on the basis of not having bought retail when I did play beta.

It's also foolish for you to insult our understanding and satisfaction with the game on the basis of having bought retail and played beta. No matter where you go you can't hide from your words.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

The person asked if he/she had a brain, to which this person responded "I have a brain."  If the first person hadn't asked the question I would agree with the rest of your post, but it was asked, and answered.

Edit:  And I just realized that in all the posts I have on this thread I never really responded to the main point of the post (outside of trolling) is this a failed game?  Anyone who thinks this game is a failure in any way but personal (I.E. if someone just hates the game and thinks they wasted their money) they may very well not have a brain (sorry, I had to).

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?

I just hope that EQ3 is going to have a better end game than this failed game .  So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short .

GW2 is best MMO ever made. Period.  And no this is not debatable. You sire are wrong and don't know what MMOS are all about.

aahaha, this made me laugh so hard. Best MMO, period? GW2? This boring facebook like super casual epeen pandering piece of pointless software won't even make best MMO of 2012, not even talking about "ever made".

Please sire i am begging you. Please stop. Don't say bad and mean things about GW2. It is as if you are physicaly hurting me. Why would you hurt me? what have i ever done to you? ;(

snip..
    You seem to be developing unhealthy obsession with me. If i didn't have GW2 in my life i would consider it but..for now..no thank you.

just callin' 'em as I see em "Sir".  Troll all you like I'll just watch from over here... eggy is handing out popcorn.

Aww... but I bought last time... *grumble* fine... But I better get something more out of this thread from you then.

It's also foolish for you to insult our understanding and satisfaction with the game on having bought retail and played beta. No matter where you go you can't hide from your words.

I didn't. You are misunderstanding. I replied to eggy, and I could give a damn what you like. Get over yourself.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

The person asked if he/she had a brain, to which this person responded "I have a brain."  If the first person hadn't asked the question I would agree with the rest of your post, but it was asked, and answered.

Pretty sure that question was to the OP, not to him nor anyone who doesn't like the game in particular. So no, that really doesn't answer the question...

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I hope in the future I fail as hard as GW2 did... 2.2m copies sold, please let me make something that fails like that! 

It's also foolish for you to insult our understanding and satisfaction with the game on having bought retail and played beta. No matter where you go you can't hide from your words.

I didn't. You are misunderstanding. I replied to eggy, and I could give a damn what you like. Get over yourself.

I didn't ask you thou. I applaud you for proving my point that you can not like the game and not buy it in the first place making the whole thread pointless, but that doesn't change that I didn't ask anyone besides the OP if they had a brain, not to everyone who hated it. The whole "I have a brain so I don't like the game" can easily be misunderstanded. I realize now you aren't, but you can't say that the post cannot come off in that way.

And the insults continue. you seem to enjoy insulting everyone who disagrees with you. Is it possible to just create an argument without throwing stones? Doesn't matter whether you care what I think. You got upset because you felt insulted, well what about the people you just insulted? Someone actually stepped forward in their own defence and you're choice is to belittle them. Good show.

Originally posted by eggy08

Pretty sure that question was to the OP, not to him nor anyone who doesn't like the game in particular. So no, that really doesn't answer the question...

Edit:  Sorry, removing myself from this quable.

I took it as a posit in general, eggy and replied in open-forum format. Should I consider you specifically implied the specified user is to be insulted?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    I tend to forget just how bitter these forums are compared to elsewhere around the net until i stop posting & reading much for a while. Come back and it hits you in the face.

And the insults continue. you seem to enjoy insulting everyone who disagrees with you. Is it possible to just create an argument without throwing stones? Doesn't matter whether you care what I think. You got upset because you felt insulted, well what about the people you just insulted? Someone actually stepped forward in their own defence and you're choice is to belittle them. Good show.

No, you're on about nothing... again.

I took it as a posit in general, eggy and replied in open-forum format. Should I consider you specifically implied the specified user is to be insulted?

It is his thread, is it not? So thus I want a reason for its existence. Pretty sure I was quite clear on the subject of my post that started all this in the first place.

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

Hmm, kind of hard to call the game a failure.  It's not my cup of tea, but apparently it is for many more...with more buying it every day.  And, unlike a lot of new games (or old ones for that matter) there shouldn't be the 30 day population plummet due to players leaving before the first subscription payment is due.

I may not like the games (GW 1 or 2), but the business model has to the possibliity to change how developers and publishers think of marketing MMO's. 

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Congrats on making a sign on name today to bash a game you obviously know so much about. Well done.

No, you're just denying anything anyone says that contradicts what you believe. So I'll just leave it at that. Since getting through to you is impossible.

No, you're just denying anything anyone says that contradicts what you believe. So I'll just leave it at that. Since getting through to you is impossible.

*passes popcorn* Want some more?

It is his thread, is it not? So thus I want a reason for its existence. Pretty sure I was quite clear on the subject of my post that started all this in the first place.

The convo changed since the beginning. It began with "why do current mmos run out of steam after 100 hours", became other things, then to "let the buyer beware", to finally "fanboi and peripheral rag-day bitchfest".

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Congrats on making a sign on name today to bash a game you obviously know so much about. Well done.

To be fair he was responding to a newly created account with most of their posts on this thread calling the game "flawless."   (though I'm now 95% sure that the person is being satirical).I think this thread has succeeded in bringing out all of the "fanboys" and "haters" and their alts.  Its like a train wreck, I should have been in bed an hour ago and I can't turn away.

Originally posted by afhn2110

While I can't stand the game...i'd say GW2 is FAR from failing

I'll give it 4 more weeks until a severe population drop.Already lots and lots of people complaining to be bored and the game feeling pointless and unrewarding.

This won't end well. I see another SWTOR scenario coming. Hype at the beginning, then reality hits hard.

Only this time, there won't be a F2P option because GW2 already is F2P

Welcome to MMORPG.com. Here's a brocure of all the best rides and food stands. Be sure to stop by the gift shop and pick up a SW:TOR lightsaber toy for your kids!

The convo changed since the beginning. It began with "why do current mmos run out of steam after 100 hours", became other things, then to "let the buyer beware", to finally "fanboi and peripheral rag-day bitchfest".

First paragraph:

"Why do they keep making games that are fun for a few levels then run out of juice before the end ?"

"I think the problem is that I have clocked over 100+ hours on this game already ."

Second paragraph:

"Was Diablo 3 a failure ?"

3rd paragraph:

"So disappointing , so much hype and yet just another wannabe wow clone that falled short ."

"People need to stop hyping games , Ive wasted hundreds of dollars on games that this site has given thumbs up on and found them to be shallow ."

Sorry, did I miss somewhere that my assumptions of the OP fell short? Becuase I'm pretty sure that each of my paragraphs followed his posts quite closely.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by afhn2110

While I can't stand the game...i'd say GW2 is FAR from failing

I'll give it 4 more weeks until a severe population drop.Already lots and lots of people complaining to be bored and the game feeling pointless and unrewarding.

This won't end well. I see another SWTOR scenario coming. Hype at the beginning, then reality hits hard.

Only this time, there won't be a F2P option because GW2 already is F2P

They dont need a F2P option genius. The more you post the less clued in you appear to be. To put it mildly your knowledge is stunningly poor on this.

SWTOR cost the MOST money for any MMO ever to be produced. By not making its money back it failed. F2P is their hope of making money in the future so the game does not end up being a financial failure over the long term. GW2 very well might have turned a profit just on the 2.2 million sales it already has.

This discussion has been closed.