Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Blade & Soul: Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting

2»

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Whoever said this game is completely instanced is full of poop. Have played the game. Completely false info there. Sure you zone into a zone but thats pretty much every single mmorpg ever made...It is an open world game.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Whoever said this game is completely instanced is full of poop. Have played the game. Completely false info there. Sure you zone into a zone but thats pretty much every single mmorpg ever made...It is an open world game.

Most of the game is spent fighing in an instance then heading to another instance, so how is the other poster wrong?  It is extremely grindy like others have said.  Of course that is the korean version, who knows what the westernized version will be like.    Have to agree female graphics are even worse than TERA.

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

This game is essentially a different graphical take on TERA. What I believe to be a more martial-arts version of TERA that is much grittier.

In other words, it's a linear themepark with better combat if you enjoy dark novels better than the normal fantasy ones.

I had some Korean business associates who play this explain the general game to me as they play it. It was released in Korea on June 30th, and it essentially is a linear mission grinder, almost worse than TERA. However, the design of combat lends itself better, but is still EXTREMELY grindy, and not in a good way.

Lastly, the game takes that "Bar" of "Over-sexualization" and cranks it off the charts with regard to female models. You wouldn't believe how much editing will have to be done to the NA-release before the ESRB EVER lets it come near our shores, unfortunately.

Don't put this on your list of "Anticipated Games" unless you're into themeparks like TERA & WoW.

Sounds good. As long as the gameplay is solid and graphics are good, you can't deter people from playing games like that.

• HaltsTimeHaltsTime Member UncommonPosts: 30

who doesn't like a fun theme park?  maybe not as old and as many subs as WoW, but a good theme park still attracts business~

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

This game is essentially a different graphical take on TERA. What I believe to be a more martial-arts version of TERA that is much grittier.

In other words, it's a linear themepark with better combat if you enjoy dark novels better than the normal fantasy ones.

I had some Korean business associates who play this explain the general game to me as they play it. It was released in Korea on June 30th, and it essentially is a linear mission grinder, almost worse than TERA. However, the design of combat lends itself better, but is still EXTREMELY grindy, and not in a good way.

Lastly, the game takes that "Bar" of "Over-sexualization" and cranks it off the charts with regard to female models. You wouldn't believe how much editing will have to be done to the NA-release before the ESRB EVER lets it come near our shores, unfortunately.

Don't put this on your list of "Anticipated Games" unless you're into themeparks like TERA & WoW.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by tawess
    Took a quick peek at a BnS wiki... .. . This game really have a very burlesque armor styl. It will be a great hit with teen boys and girls [mod edit]  but personally i think it is a bit over the top.

Pixelated Boobies don't actually sell as well as we'd always assumed.  Probably because most of the nerds are now over 30, and have access to the real thing?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• hmgpkershmgpkers Member Posts: 1
    so the sucky sucky