Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] General: PAX Prime 2012: The Future of Online Gaming Panel

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During PAX Prime 2012, MMORPG.com held for the first time in Seattle our "Future of Online Gaming" panel in the Pegasus Theatre.  Scott Youngblood (Red 5 Studios), Craig Morrison (Funcom), Matt Higby (SOE), Scott Hartsman (Trion), and Max Schaefer (Runic) all sat in to answer questions from nearly 1,000 audience members about their games, their vision, and the future of MMOs as a whole.

Check out the entire panel in our PAX Prime 2012: The Future of Online Gaming Panel feature.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110
    Part 4 and 5 links to part 3.
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Hmm...as much as I enjoy Pokket's game face, she shouldn't be showing up in On Personal Story and Themeparks/Sandboxes.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yeah... Something odd happened even after the fix.  Fixed!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
  • DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

I thought it was interesting that they were humble enough to know "questing" needs to change and to admit they didn't quite know the answer yet.

It'll most likely be some small company who comes in under the radar that'll really shake things up... like it used to be in the times where every new MMO was a no-name MMO company doing something new.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    I enjoy Dynamic events question very much.
  • starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    This was such am excellent panel, totally made up for the several other disappointing ones I attended, lol.

I love the bit when someone asks 'what do you like the tech will look like in 10 years' and Craig Morrison just points to his phone and goes '10 years ago this was science fiction'. I can't wait to see what this next decade brings to gaming.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

Good panel. Nice to hear them say that they felt that more sandbox elements could be added to themepark games. 

Also I blame the glitches on Bill failing to wear the epic sweater of power.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I was not impressed one bit.  While they all expressed the notion that things need to change, not one seemed to have much of an idea how.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Really good vids, MMORPG.com, once the sandbox and immersion ones were finally fixed! Sure there's some talking heads, but broadcasting these questions has got to be good if the devs provide answers (consistency). :)