Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feral Fanbois are hurting GW2 more than "Haters" ever could...

Comments

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I don't know where these Feral Fanbois are coming from as I never had to deal with them this badly for even SWTOR. Quite frankly, I've been surprised to see all over these forums about how people are annoyed if not almost completely turned off by the rabid flaming of anything non-GW2, and how GW2 is being pushed to new heights of outlandish fanboism. It is REALLY pissing off normal GW2 fans, because when you rabidly fanboy all over GW2 you make the normal players whom are just trying to enjoy the game look bad, or at least that's how i've been reading they feel?Now, I'll say this to put it out there. I'm not a "Fan" of GW2, but I did purchase it for $60, and do believe it is one of the best themeparks I've played. However, I know what GW2 is, and is not. So I won't go any further with it than that. From my experience with previously overhyped titles I've had to deal with people calling me a "Hater" and an outright "Troll" because I said things like SWTOR being horribly linear, zero replayability, sub-par end-game, and a host of other straight-to-the-point statements. Ironically months later I see everything I was saying pre-release echoed throughout these forums. Then, for GW2, I was flamed outright for calling "Dynamic Events" NOT "Dynamic" and more akin to static repeated branching SCRIPTED events. Not only was I flamed, but I experienced something I hadn't before with SWTOR. I was actually being contacted off this site by my personal email being asked to stop "Spouting nonsense you have no clue about" with regards to GW2 (I didn't even know my personal email was listed under my profile on here?). Regardless, albeit longer than I originally wanted, my point is that you NEED to stop going crazy with this over-the-top fanboism. You're making the normal players who're just trying to enjoy GW2 for what it is, and you're hurting GW2 as a whole in the long term. Please :(

What? GW2 zealots haven't sent you any death threats yet? They must be slipping.

Casuals.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Slampig

[snip]  image

Good luck with that... Seems there is no stopping these people...

Yeah the very fact that anytime anyone said well thought out fact based posts on other games and were shot down because of it means that these forums are very biased. same goes for TSW TERA. 

GW2 "fanbois" who've had the privilege of being well informed due to transparency, something all the other companies should learn from, doesn't mean we're wrong and doesn't mean we should be silenced. What's really happening is the haters poor things, have lost so many arguments that they are now whining because they aren't allowed to just say anything they want without someone proving them wrong with examples, captures, videos, facts.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I don't know where these Feral Fanbois are coming from as I never had to deal with them this badly for even SWTOR.

Were you just not reading the forums during the AoC vs WAR time period? I agree with you that people need to chill out but this still isn't anywhere near what we were seeing with those two games.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Why even care? Why even feed the messiah followers or the bashing idiots with these threads?

I like gw2 and I don't care if someone on the web agrees or not. It doesn't affect my game in anyway.

This forum has turned to a shithole. No threads are made for discussing the game. No, it's another thread about the same shit.

"gw2 fans are fanboys" "haters gonna hate".

Jesus. Get on with your lives with or without gw2 and talk about the game instead of everything else.

This is a perfectly valid discussion. Why do you care if we care? That seems to be the larger issue at hand.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by Xzen

I don't know where these Feral Fanbois are coming from as I never had to deal with them this badly for even SWTOR.

Were you just not reading the forums during the AoC vs WAR time period? I agree with you that people need to chill out but this still isn't anywhere near what we were seeing with those two games.

I've given myself forced amnesia with regards to AoC vs WAR time period. It just wasn't even worth wasting braincells to remember :|. I can't even consider bringing that period of discussion back up as it was absolutely the worst thing I've experienced on these forums. SWTOR came close though....

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

This is a perfectly valid discussion. Why do you care if we care? That seems to be the larger issue at hand.

When you make a topic title such as yours you're bound to rile some up.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised at how civil it has been.

I think at this point some are simply worn out...or wore down may be more appropriate XD

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by itgrowls

[snip]  image

Yeah the very fact that anytime anyone said well thought out fact based posts on other games and were shot down because of it means that these forums are very biased. same goes for TSW TERA. 

GW2 "fanbois" who've had the privilege of being well informed due to transparency, something all the other companies should learn from, doesn't mean we're wrong and doesn't mean we should be silenced. What's really happening is the haters poor things, have lost so many arguments that they are now whining because they aren't allowed to just say anything they want without someone proving them wrong with examples, captures, videos, facts.

You mean facts like gear means nothing in PVP and a low lvl is on same footing as lvl 80? or the fact that what you do in Tyria changes tyria? (interestingly later on fans back tracked to saying devs were only talking about personal stories). No shit ....ofcourse devs were talking about personal stories but fans twisted the meanign to spread wrong info.

So what facts you are talking about? i have read so much BS on these forums and finally when i played GW2 i realised it was all exaggeration.

I am still having fun but so called facts given by these fans is something i would avoid like a plague because msot of it is just like i said..BS.

Bite Me

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

This is NOT Dynamic at all, it is linear scripting with 2-3 outcomes that never change.

it doesnt matter what the word actually means; what matters is personal meaning - and thats subjective

remember past debate about the word innovation?

many believed innovation was synonymous with the word invention

thats an example of being subjective with a words meaning

a quest being dynamic holds similar personal meaning for players

or players defining what a MMO is:  thats also subjective

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by beculmov2
    You really believe that 10-15 clowns on this forum affect the population growth of a huge title? It's nonsense.Also,why do you even care about these people? Let them give their negative output all they want,all they do is embarrass themselves,just play the game.

I guess he cares because the rest of us that want to discuss the actual GAME mechanics can't, because there is 150 threads about how much some1 hates/loves gw2 while bashing anyone who disagrees with them and pushing any informative thread down to page 4/

Even the creation of subforums in the gw2 forum cannot control the amount of ridiculous threads. At this point i honestly think the people acting like raving fanatics aren't even playing the game. They are just doing it to egg on the rabid haters. /shrug

The rest of us are enjoying the game. And to think I got verbally attacked and blocked once by a little click of fanatics for saying gw2 is innovative, but not as revolutionary as they were saying. They were upset because I said gw2 changed the way quests are delivered, but the concept of questing is still there. I was told to learn to play the game, and that I was doing it all wrong. I wonder where all those fanatics went, now that most people feel the same way about the game.

Originally posted by Nikkita

You mean facts like gear means nothing in PVP and a low lvl is on same footing as lvl 80? or the fact that what you do in Tyria changes tyria? (interestingly later on fans back tracked to saying devs were only talking about personal stories). No shit ....ofcourse devs were talking about personal stories but fans twisted the meanign to spread wrong info.

So what facts you are talking about? i have read so much BS on these forums and finally when i played GW2 i realised it was all exaggeration.

I am still having fun but so called facts given by these fans is something i would avoid like a plague because msot of it is just like i said..BS.

Yeah but fans always do that nonsense. You simply can't take them serious.

Should have seen the Darkfall forums before the game launched. Some of the shit people were saying you would be able to do in that game was hilarious. Even someone that wasn't a programmer could tell you there was no way in hell the developers would be able to implement those concepts in a game.

I had to stop going there because it got so ludicrous. At first it was funny but after some time it just got frustrating how many were buying into it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

[snip]  image

Yea, the one about "What you do affects Tyria" really got my goat, but I didn't post about it as I figured it'd just get locked within minutes.

I've also found that my level 80 warrior with level 80 equipment absolute decimates lower level players that have been "leveled-up" in WvWvW to my level, but their gear & traits are horribly lacking. When my warrior can single-handedly wipe an entire group of lowbies that have been shifted to 80, that's an issue. I was actually upset that I was unstoppable.

I also find it disheartening when people try to point out non-exaggerated facts and are called "whiners" :(.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that neither fanbois nor haters have any impact on GW2.  In fact, I would even say that the amount of impact that either of these parties have amounts to (Matt Foley voice here) JACK SQAUT!

The only things fanbois and haters hurt are each other.  And they enjoy doing this...over, and over, and over, and over...

I mean think about it...do fanbois and haters harass the devs?  No, they harass each other and that's about it.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by Saxonblade
    Gratz to Faded as it seems every feral fanboi on this site responded rather quickly, one has to wonder if they even play the game, due to the fact they are on every negative post here within minutes. Well back to the game time to get toon 2 to 80, have fun children.

I'm at work while I debug my current project :3. It takes forever so I can post while it's running my subscript checks :D.

That aside it wasn't my intention to "Catch'Em All" with regards to the Ferals. I am actually very happy that I've gotten such a positive response to such a pressing issue at hand.

Originally posted by Saxonblade
    Gratz to Faded as it seems every feral fanboi on this site responded rather quickly, one has to wonder if they even play the game, due to the fact they are on every negative post here within minutes. Well back to the game time to get toon 2 to 80, have fun children.

Some are probably stuck at work.

Not sure how you can condemn them when you posted yourself either.

Originally posted by Creslin321

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that neither fanbois nor haters have any impact on GW2.  In fact, I would even say that the amount of impact that either of these parties have amounts to (Matt Foley voice here) JACK SQAUT!

The only things fanbois and haters hurt are each other.  And they enjoy doing this...over, and over, and over, and over...

I mean think about it...do fanbois and haters harass the devs?  No, they harass each other and that's about it.

To some degree I will agree with you.

However, believe it or not (as i stated before) developers do come on here and read this stuff to get an impression of how the game is affecting the market. Surprisingly (and Kudos to MMORPG.com) you'd be shocked at how much outward facing visibility we get on here.

So I do believe it has "some" affect on the market when either side goes too far.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Could you post some links to a few of these feral fanboy threads?  Maybe quote which part you find so offensive?  

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Creslin321

To some degree I will agree with you.

However, believe it or not (as i stated before) developers do come on here and read this stuff to get an impression of how the game is affecting the market. Surprisingly (and Kudos to MMORPG.com) you'd be shocked at how much outward facing visibility we get on here.

So I do believe it has "some" affect on the market when either side goes too far.

Even if they do come here and read stuff about the game, this is the fanboi/hater rhetoric they are going to see:

1.  OMG worst game ever!  So bad!  Darkfall is way better!

2.  Best game ever!  OMG, my life now has meaning!  Thank you ANet, thank you God!

I don't see how either of those could influence any sane person.  The devs may read notes from concerned fans saying "hey this needs to be fixed" and be influenced, but there's nothing wrong with that.  Honestly, my feeling is that if you allow yourself to be influenced by fanboi/hater rhetoric, then you're really not all that smart...and I think the ANet devs aren't idiots :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Although I couldn't care less about all this "Look at me, I have an opinion" crap, I can't help wonder why dynamic events aren't dynamic?
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

The notion that some mindless forumites hurt a game is a little absurd.

Intelligent people see the game for what it is. The mindless tards see it as something its not. Its a fun distraction, but it isn't a revolution.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Although I couldn't care less about all this "Look at me, I have an opinion" crap, I can't help wonder why dynamic events aren't dynamic?

Because they're so predictable, and they happen so frequently, like clockwork.  If they randomized them in a few ways, they'd feel a lot more dynamic, IMHO.

This is my thread about it (which didn't really get flamed at all, btw)

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    It's a game.

Don't you mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

BTW, i'm suprised about some poeple waiting on IGN's review. They gave GW2 the same score as TOR. I don't think this game deserves 9, but, the same as SWTOR? I don't hate TOR either, but i find GW2 alot better.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

[snip]  image

I'm sorry you didn't understand what you read ...in a previous post it was explained to you about 5 times ...you are welcome to have any opinion you want (more power to you) but when something is a fact good or bad whether you understand it or not it's a fact !!

Originally posted by Nadia

This is NOT Dynamic at all, it is linear scripting with 2-3 outcomes that never change.

it doesnt matter what the word actually means; what matters is personal meaning - and thats subjective

remember past debate about the word innovation?

many believed innovation was synonymous with the word invention

thats an example of being subjective with a words meaning

a quest being dynamic holds similar personal meaning for players

or players defining what a MMO is:  thats also subjective

I believe this is the key issue with how developers are allowed to get away with almost outright lieing in order to abuse a word or phrase, and then they twist it to their PR spin so they can garner more media attention or hype for their product.

The word "Dynamic" cannot be subjectively viewed. The only thing that can happen is people misrepresent it, or don't understand what Dynamic actually means. This leads to people, no offense at all meant, such as yourself that think it comes down to personal opinion without realizing that some people just actually know what it means.

However, to get a true representation of what "Dynamic" means you normally need a programming or IT background as "Dynamic" can be attribute to Dynamic IP addresses at well :). They aren't scripted, and need to be flexible. Dynamic and "Flexible" are sometimes synonymous with each other, and I can tell you right now DE's in GW2 are not flexible, then again I'm hopeful you realize that as well.

Originally posted by Golelorn

The notion that some mindless forumites hurt a game is a little absurd.

Intelligent people see the game for what it is. The mindless tards see it as something its not. Its a fun distraction, but it isn't a revolution.

You'd be surprised at how many people come on here claiming they were "tricked" by the developers & players being overly positive about a product. It happened moreso with SWTOR than Rift, Aion, or TERA though.

Happily i've not seen those posts yet for GW2, but it still is pretty early.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

The only people I have on ignore are people who I've found to be consistently trolling.  I come to this thread and find.....the OP is on ignore.  So I didn't read the OP, but I will say this.  GW2 has had it's fair share of so-called "haters," and the "fanbois" are just happy they found "their" game.  I think the issue is why do people who don't PLAY that game continue to make threads about it or about its' fans?

[mod edit]

I'm probably on ignore for the OP since I've had positive things to say about GW2, so he won't be reading this, but I responded for the principal of the matter, not necessarily for him specifically.  I got tired of reading his constant negativity about a game he's not even playing.  I don't have to subject myself to that yammer yammer anymore than he has to read positive things.  Ignore is a beautiful thing.  Then there's also simply staying away from the forums if need be.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

This discussion has been closed.