Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyones top 5 most anticipated mmo's.

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

My Top-5 are these:

1- EQ Next

2- Titan

3- ArchAge

4- Planetside 2

5- Game of Thrones

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

1. ArcheAge

2. The Repopulation

3. ... there is no 3, 4 or 5

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

There really aren't any where I'm thinking "omg I can't wait for it to come out" but a few I'm interested in are:

1. Titan

2. Planetside 2

3. EQ

4. Archage

5. Further EVE development

6. Thre Repopulation

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

I don't anticipate anything because, from experience, pretty much every game that comes out sucks and, without exception, the communities of every single game that comes out suck.

I ignore hype.  I don't jump on games until they've been out for at least 6 months.  I want them to prove themselves.  Otherwise, forget it.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Originally posted by Aelious
    Erictlewis

Do you have any info on EQN about it being scrapped and re-done? I read that forum post about two concurrent versions being made and only one, a cheaper lame version, being chosen but that was never verified. I was hoping you had additional infos :)

In one of my previous posts on this forum, I showed the the 2 versions thing was debunked. However, they did scrap parts of it and said so since they switched from the engine they had in 2010, to the Engine planetside 2 is using, Forgelight.

Originally posted by erictlewis

YOu know warhammer 40k is done right, they canceled the project its not going to be an mmo now at all.    EQ Next is in total rewrite they took what they been working on for the past 2 years and tossed it.   So that 2 of our 3 that you will not see, one for the next 3 years for sure.

The scrapping was not the project, only "the screenshots from the last 2 years, they stated they are no longer relevant" was the quote.

So no the project wasnt scrapped. Also Smed stated in his Reddit AMA, that we have a good chance of getting some EQNext info this year.

Like any MAJOR SOE announcement, it would occur at SOE Live next month.

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Originally posted by Farstryder
    Originally posted by Saryhl

1. Everquest Next

2. Archeage

Below #2 they are just fillers. Sorry I don't actually have five. More like 2 and some maybes.

3. World of Darkness (I used to Roleplay it so I am curious)

4. Black Desert Online (it's very pretty)

5. TBD

I like your style. Yes I played WoD pen and paper as well  for alot of years, huge fan of the setting. NeverWinter definetly is a legit  MMO. I would have put it up there but after all the D&D let downs im scared. I also wish it would just be Faerun Online.

Thanks, I think Faerun would be a better name as well, but it is what it is :).

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    • Wildstar
    • The Repopulation
    • Wizardry Online

Nothing much other than those right now.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• aaron2luv1aaron2luv1 Member UncommonPosts: 3

1. Black Desert Online

2. Blade and Soul

3. EQNext

4. Titan

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167

1. Final Fantasy 11

2. Final Fantasy 14 and Relm Reborn

3. Warhammer Online

4. Guild Wars 2

5. Vanguard Sage of Heros

These were my top five of all-time!

Titan might be good but then again it could suck all the way to the bank! This is why i chose proably... As far as everything goes Blizzard has forever lost me as a customer ever since they changed BG's and made it an Instanced hub!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110

1. Archeage

2. Blade&Soul

3. Neverwinter

4. Wildstar

5. Elder Scrolls Online

There are other games like the repopulation, black desert online, world of darkness that can break into top 5 once they release more footage.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

World of Darkness

ArcheAge

Lineage Eternal

Not much else.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Archeage and World of Darkness... everything else in a distant 3rd.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• bcofidobcofido Member Posts: 27

1. ArcheAge

2. Savage Horizon

3. Black Desert

4. World Zero

5. Embers of Caerus

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

after my disappointment with GW2, i seriously cant have any more anticipated MMO, if a game like GW2 cant make me happy, i dont know what can..

my next hope is.. Arche Age

So What Now?

• JRRNeiklotJRRNeiklot Member UncommonPosts: 129

What, no love for Pathfinder Online?

My 5:

Pathfinder Online

Archeage

The Repopulation

Wizardry

Wildstar

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I'm not excited about a single announced MMO.  I have some curiosity regarding PS2 as well as Lineage Eternal.

Titan is complete vaporware as far as I'm concerned.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I don't know enough about any soon to be released MMORPG to actually anticipate them. Otherlands might be interesting, but it could also be total garbage. The rest I don't really care about.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Planetside 2

Wildstar

• FurrballsFurrballs Member Posts: 30
    EQ Next & Warhammer 40k  dark millenium will be worth a look, as for having a poll asking will titan suck is just the wildest of pointless speculation, the only people who know what titan actually is apart from blizzard are other industry insiders & they're still not talking..
  • pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    archeage
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Just puting it in here so that people aren't waiting for something that won't come out.

Some time ago they announced that the Warhammer 40K MMO was turned into a single player game.

That is, unless there was another announcement that reveresed this decision that I'm unaware about.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

1. End of Nations

2. Phantasy Star Online 2

3. Final Fantasy XIV A realm Reborn

4. Mechwarrior Online

5. Dayz Standalone

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well im already playing planetside 2 so im not really looking forward to anythnig other than that.

Ill keep my eye on a few and see what they are like when released..

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

1) Lineage Eternal

2) Archeage

3) Blade & Soul

4) FFXIV: ARR

5) Any western MMORPG.

(TL2 & BL2 aren't on the list because they are less than a week away).

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

Theres some interesting ones on the horizon but I'm not playing anything thats not buy to play in the future . The subscription simply isnt worth it for most mmos .

I'll be sticking to GW2 and its expansions .