Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Game Sales Reopen, New Trailer Released

Comments

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    WoW is already dethroned fyi.... been that way long before gw2. Just has a lot of subs content has been lacking for awhile.
  • ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Angier2758
    WoW is already dethroned fyi.... been that way long before gw2. Just has a lot of subs content has been lacking for awhile.

The word "Dethroned" implies that something else has taken its place...which is not true at all. So like the content or not WOW is still the king of MMOs and will be for some time looking ahead the next few years.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I thought that was good.  a Nice break from the norm.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    That was a hilariously bad trailer. lol
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I actually really like it because it's different and not just some crap CGI that makes the game look 10x better than it really is.

The guy at the start who has turned to stone kind off suggests that the MMO industry has stood stagnant for years, which it has, I think it's a pretty bold trailer.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

The Good News: Sales are back up

The Bad News: They came with this trailer

• arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61

That was weird...

I'm gonna pretend i didn't just watch that and go back to playing GW2

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

ArenaNet has announced that digital sales of Guild Wars 2 have resumed on the official site. To celebrate the good news, a new trailer, "Our Time Is Now", has been released. The trailer was created by James McTeigue, known for his work on the Matrix Trilogy and V for Vendetta.

It somehow reminds me of the 1980s Apple commercial that made so much hype.

its that good, makes ypou wonder, is it a movie or a game ?

brilliant enough said.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by SoulStain
    Hard to get excited over them selling to new customers again when many current customers still can't get into their own accounts because they were hacked and stolen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by vee41
    I am mighty confused now :-)

I wonder if it's part of the plan :-)

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

What an awful trailer.

I approve of the game, but this has absolutely nothing to do with GW2, save for the very last couple of seconds at the end.

All the symbolism in the world doesn't make it any better, or more artsy - yes, there's a message.. but it's mucked between poor live-action bits and the limited time of a trailer.

As far as making someone think.. the only thing I thought when I saw this was: "WTF is this? Please tell me this is fan-made, not official."

If I saw that trailer, unknown to the context of the game.. I wouldn't even reasearch that game, much less buy it.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I'm all for artsy, in fact i love it when it's done brilliantly, but that was just bad.

As much as i hate CGI trailers, i think the beginning would have been so much better if they found a way to animate the painterly artstyle and eliminate the modern setting.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Hard to get excited over them selling to new customers again when many current customers still can't get into their own accounts because they were hacked and stolen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

Millions of players playing with about 10,000 hacked accounts of which they are agressively fixing and setting straight.   You are blowing it out of proportion.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    That was a horrible trailer and the proportion of dislikes on Youtube shows it. What were they thinking?
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    There wasn't anything wrong with the quality of the trailor like everyone is saying (IMO) But I dont think it fits GW2 in any way and not sure what they were going for with it.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Alders

I'm all for artsy, in fact i love it when it's done brilliantly, but that was just bad.

As much as i hate CGI trailers, i think the beginning would have been so much better if they found a way to animate the painterly artstyle and eliminate the modern setting.

Yeah it's really confusing.  They touted their (admittedly very nice) art style for years, and then instead of using it for their first real trailer, they hire some Hollywood dumbass and have real people.  I agree about the CGI trailers though, they always get your hopes up for an awesome game but you soon realize the trailers were the best part (DCUO and WAR for example).

• bbbmmmlllbbbmmmlll Member Posts: 79
    That trailer was a waste of money. A rare mistep by ArenaNet. I thought ot TSW first, then based on the narration and overall cheesiness I thought it was going to be a joke. Just hope they don't start running commericals.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Badaboom

THIS

Millions of players playing with about 10,000 hacked accounts of which they are agressively fixing and setting straight.   You are blowing it out of proportion.

i dont think its blowing this out of proportion..10,000 accounts..anyways wrong thread for this discussion but i was just responding to what i believe correct..why are they selling again when they have'nt even dealt with the problems they have.

to put it another way ,the chinese must be licking their lips waiting for the next load of hacked accounts.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

I enjoyed the ppl turning into characters and playing the game, but the hot stones and spray can was out of place.

less acting with some more ingame dragons. But also some of you have been to harsh with pointless critasism.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Badaboom

THIS

We'll see how much I'm "blowing it out of proportion". Maybe I am. I won't know until I actually hear back from Anet with something other than an  auto-response. NcSoft handles a few games with millions of customers that I'm sure combined have many support issues including fraud concerns. It took them a few hours to contact me (outside of the auto-response) and assure me I was being refunded the $120 charged to my card.

Doesnt matter how many players GW2 has.10,000 hacked accounts at the same time is telling of the security Anet has set up. I don't buy the "other website" excuse. Especially with all the email verification issues that also existed. 

When the thief changed my email there was no secret question security..or anything to confirm it was actually me . Just an email telling me there was a request for an email change and they hoped it was by me and then proceeded to change it anyway.

I just expect my characters back whether they say they can do it or not. Every other mmo can so i dont see the difference here.

If not , then I expect a refund of all my gems used to purchase dyes and what not for those characters.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    Originally posted by nuttob
    When this trailer started off, it felt more like a TSW trailer hehe!

What this guy said LOL. That opening just doesn't fit a fantasy MMO setting IMHO.... and hey why can't they ever use us Norn males vs. a Norn female? :-)

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    That was bad and totally contrary to anything they have released in the past. Note to ANet, don't dgo outside your own studio for trailers.
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    What the shit??
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    An unexpected trailer but it really works for me, gj XD