Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2: Our Time is Now trailer

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Tardcore

That picture basically A: portrayed my reaction to this trailer...B:sent tea all over my keyboard LMAO. Perfect 10 on usage of an image :).

And yes I got, yet still had the reaction above^^^

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Tardcore

That picture basically A: portrayed my reaction to this trailer...B:sent tea all over my keyboard LMAO. Perfect 10 on usage of an image :).

And yes I got, yet still had the reaction above^^^

LOL! Glad you enjoyed it!

I just don't get the hysteria, I really don't. I guess "Too Old To MMO, To Young To Die".

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by TalulaRose
    Originally posted by Nikkita
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    Gas mask + graffiti + youth - rebellion
    Gw2 - rebellion

U guys are dense lol

Do you really have to insult people?

Gas Mask + hoodie + real world = The Secret World.

Its imagery I see daily.

I was lioke WTF is an illuminati doing in this GW2 video

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well i will say it was not what i expected,so i give them some credit there.This is because i expected bragging of some kind,so they made me happy in that sense :P.

As for the video,the first 3/4 was way out in left field,you would have no idea was a GW2 trailer.The last 20 seconds or so was REALLY good .IMO they skip the 3/4 part and just make the entire video like the last 20 seconds and would be a great video.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

I thought I was trolled until the last couple of scenes. Why not show of the great music, graphics and tell everyone about the combat system? Why tell everyone that you don't need a subscription for this MMO? Why not show off the rave reviews they had been getting? Maybe even something about the lore, personal story lines and dynamic events? Why the f*** did they spend their advertising money on something that has spent the majority of it time with a shitty whiney voice over going on about something that has nothing...NOTHING to do with the game!? 

I mean... I could do a better job advertising guild wars using crayons and their head of PRs face! Sheesh.. have we de-evolved as a species in the last year or something. That was just pathetic.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Arakazi

I thought I was trolled until the last couple of scenes. Why not show of the great music, graphics and tell everyone about the combat system? Why tell everyone that you don't need a subscription for this MMO? Why not show off the rave reviews they had been getting? Maybe even something about the lore, personal story lines and dynamic events? Why the f*** did they spend their advertising money on something that has spent the majority of it time with a shitty whiney voice over going on about something that has nothing...NOTHING to do with the game!? 

I mean... I could do a better job advertising guild wars using crayons and their head of PRs face! Sheesh.. have we de-evolved as a species in the last year or something. That was just pathetic.

So you didn't like it?

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

The best art may not get understood at the time of its making. Not saying it's the best, I didn't fully get it either and only enjoyed the latter quarter of the trailer until I read most of this thread.

Definitely controversial though, should get people interested. I would have gone with the majority here and done a trailer more focused on the game, not to a "we are not in azeroth" ridiculousness level though.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    really odd video, if it was meant to 'sell' GW2, then i think they dropped the ball pretty much, it didnt really depict much of anything about the game itself which imo, is a very strange choice. Pretty sure most of the people playing the game could have put together some in game footage that would have been more appealing. all in all, rubbish video, which doesnt do GW2 any favours at all. image
  • vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

That was... odd.

As artsy as it might or might not have been I still wonder why ANet did trailer like that. Artsiness propably is not best way to sell stuff.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

This ad was more pretentious than Bella Swan, and about as deep to boot.

Undead King Ghidorah at the end was a nice touch though. Perhaps Tyrian Godzilla should be summoned to save the day?

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    It's a very strange ad for me. I like the game nonetheless but the trailer really confused me.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by EricDanie

The best art may not get understood at the time of its making. Not saying it's the best, I didn't fully get it either and only enjoyed the latter quarter of the trailer until I read most of this thread.

Definitely controversial though, should get people interested. I would have gone with the majority here and done a trailer more focused on the game, not to a "we are not in azeroth" ridiculousness level though.

The only thing "controversial" about it, is that it was so awful that it makes me want to cringe and hide in a corner.  Even worse than regular commercials :/.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by romanator0

ArenaNet's new trailer for GW2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4R5Q0ZOTa8&feature=g-u-u

Thoughts?

As I replied on YouTube... Aside from the last few seconds where people transform into in-game characters, this trailer would have done better as a TSW trailer...

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

I honostly had to check to see if I had clicked the right link at first o.O - then realized it actually said GW2 in the top - where as it didden't make much sense to me at all.

Obviously when the female starting growing tatoos I knew she was playing a norn, but really not the best choice for the trailer - it might be "art" as some say, though that kind of art certainly doesn't fit well in here, people won't really know what they are watching at all, or what to expect even.

EDIT: Another thing is that, I personally would wish that Zhaitan actually would attack like that instead of clinging to a tower D:

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    The only way you could consider this drivel art, is if you are the kind of person that considers Britney Spears a musician.
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Atlan99
    The only way you could consider this drivel art, is if you are the kind of person that considers Britney Spears a musician.

At least she hits her target audience.  If this trailer actually had generic mass appeal, I could forgive it, for being tacky or whatever.  but no, it's just awful, no matter how you look at it.  It's not going to hit any target audience, niche, mass, or otherwise.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Personally, I'd take this trailer over Blizzard's generic CGI "battles" any day.
    This trailer has a message, not just a flashy disposition.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

What did the guys making this vid smoke?

I like the game but this was just weird.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Atlan99

It is and I do. Of course, bad art and bad musician but that does not really change anything.

You dont need to be Mozart to be a musician, anyone playing banjo at a hillbilly wedding is still a musician.

But it makes me wonder: Why? A few minutes of game footage beats crap like this. But for some reason are MMO commercials at best bad and often horrible (this one horrible).

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    At the beginning, I would have thought it's The Secret World trailer. The RL transformation has been done to dead, and become very cheesy now. ArenaNet, I like you and all, but this trailer have let me down.
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

it reminded me an old awesome commercial from David Lynch for the Playstation2 , but they could make it better the girl with the gasmask and the party around the fire was kinda awkward, they could made something mroe sophisticated or something more obvious the middle path was kinda blah.

smart intentions, mediocre result .

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    They shouldn't make TSW trailers for GW2... after all, we know how that game's doing.

Doesn't change the situation here now does it? trailer is still awkward and out of place. But i like how you cleverly managed to take a jab at TSW anyways. 

Bite Me

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

There are thousands of gameplay videos/trailers/previews on youtube and they have been around for years. Informed gamers have already seen them and potential costumers are teased to go look for them.

This trailer/commercial is brilliant. The fact that so many hipsters around here didn't like it only proves how good it is.

Well done i say.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by timtrack

There are thousands of gameplay videos/trailers/previews on youtube and they have been around for years. Informed gamers have already seen them and potential costumers are teased to go look for them.

This trailer/commercial is brilliant. The fact that so many hipsters around here didn't like it only proves how good it is.

Well done i say.

People who dislike the trailers are...

Dense

Just don't get it

Can't grasp the concept

Dumb

Stupid

and new addition to the list 'hipsters'

I suspect this list will keep geting longer.

Bite Me