Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So happy i dont have to pay a monthly!

darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

To start im not bashing on the game I love the game its fun fast and rewarding. That was the case while i leveled up. Being 80 is  still fun, WvW and plus ive started working on my SPvP ranks and ive began farming Explore modes with my friends but there is something lost when you have no defined goal  in mind.

Its not a bad thing in the least but im about to finish my 5th profession and ive only got around 2 more explore modes to go. What then? That on top of Anets terrifiyingly bad Customer service and the constant threat of losing my CC information with which i cant take off my account I think the game might have to go on the back burner.

Which is why im  happy i dont have to pay a Monthly because its easy to just pick up and play again but im still a bit down that the no end game hasnt really been working out as well as i had hoped. Just my 2 cents. Game is fantastic tho just missing something.

Comments

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    To start im not bashing on the game I love the game its fun fast and rewarding. That was the case while i leveled up. Being 80 is  still fun WvW and plus ive started working on my SPvP ranks and ive began farming Explore modes with my friends but there is something lost when you have no defined goal  in mind. Its not a bad thing in the least but im about to finish my 5th profession and ive only got around 2 more explore modes to go. What then? That on top of Anets terrifiyingly bad Customer service and the constant threat of losing my CC information with which i cant take off my account I think the game might have to go on the back burner. Which is why im  happy i dont have to pay a Monthly because its easy to just pick up and play again but im still a bit down that the no end game hasnt really been working out as well as i had hoped. Just my 2 cents. Game is fantastic tho just missing something.

Hmm,could you at least use paragraphs but i see your point,having been in a similar situation for a few days now.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I would have cancelled my subscription by now.

So basically GW2 would have lasted me slightly longer than SWTOR did if it had a sub.

Don't get me wrong I like the game but with Planetside 2 beta taking all my time GW2 is on the back burner.

Anet was extremely smart to not charge a sub fee. They understand that the majority of gamers jump around to many games.

I myself purchased Darksiders 2 & Dark Souls around the same time as GW2... I was lucky to get 60+ hours in GW2.

Its too bad SWTOR didnt go this route... Releasing just after Skyrim hit the scene was a terrible move and i shelved that game almost three days after it released.

So OP, I to am happy that GW2 is B2p.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    yeah i find that if im not doing something with my guild i get bored outa my mind which isnt good cuz im an insomniac and there are hours which no one is on so i find myself doing nothing till i log off  and go do vending machine runs in Borderlands. Which Im so excited for 2 but still.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Well, just take a break. The best thing with B2P is that you can play something else a few months later and jump in whenever you feel for it or when a new expansion releases.

I played GW1 on and off for 5 1/2 before I gave up for good when GW2 released.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    So happy i sold it :)
  • Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512

Not paying a monthly fee is a bonus..  but this game is good enough to deserve a sub fee if other MMOs are.

What im interested to know is if any future MMO's will be brave enough to charge a sub when we've now all seen the great quality that can be delivered without a sub!

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

To start im not bashing on the game I love the game its fun fast and rewarding. That was the case while i leveled up. Being 80 is  still fun, WvW and plus ive started working on my SPvP ranks and ive began farming Explore modes with my friends but there is something lost when you have no defined goal  in mind.

Its not a bad thing in the least but im about to finish my 5th profession and ive only got around 2 more explore modes to go. What then? That on top of Anets terrifiyingly bad Customer service and the constant threat of losing my CC information with which i cant take off my account I think the game might have to go on the back burner.

Which is why im  happy i dont have to pay a Monthly because its easy to just pick up and play again but im still a bit down that the no end game hasnt really been working out as well as i had hoped. Just my 2 cents. Game is fantastic tho just missing something.

Not to take away the main point of the thread, but how on earth do you manage that? I've played since the headstart, have clocked around 110 hours played and yet I'm level 66 on my main (below level 10 on two other characters). Sure I admit that I'm taking my sweet time on this one, since the game allows it (like you said, no monthly sub). However I cannot understand how you can blaze through the game 5 times in a row already. I know I would get burnt out on the 2nd run through, doing that.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Master10K

Not to take away the main point of the thread, but how on earth do you manage that? I've played since the headstart, have clocked around 110 hours played and yet I'm level 66 on my main (below level 10 on two other characters). Sure I admit that I'm taking my sweet time on this one, since the game allows it (like you said, no monthly sub). However I cannot understand how you can blaze through the game 5 times in a row already. I know I would get burnt out on the 2nd run through, doing that.

You are obviously trying to partially or full explore the areas (no I don't mean the poi, vista and waypoints only but the WHOLE area) instead of rushing to 80 before you start another character.

That's probably the main difference there. To each it's own though.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
        The only advantage of b2p is if you play for more than 4 months...Otherwise you didnt save any money.
  • Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Theocritus
        The only advantage of b2p is if you play for more than 4 months...Otherwise you didnt save any money.

Yep... because P2p games dont ask for an up front box client fee.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Raekon

To start im not bashing on the game I love the game its fun fast and rewarding. That was the case while i leveled up. Being 80 is  still fun, WvW and plus ive started working on my SPvP ranks and ive began farming Explore modes with my friends but there is something lost when you have no defined goal  in mind. Its not a bad thing in the least but im about to finish my 5th profession and ive only got around 2 more explore modes to go. What then? That on top of Anets terrifiyingly bad Customer service and the constant threat of losing my CC information with which i cant take off my account I think the game might have to go on the back burner. Which is why im  happy i dont have to pay a Monthly because its easy to just pick up and play again but im still a bit down that the no end game hasnt really been working out as well as i had hoped. Just my 2 cents. Game is fantastic tho just missing something.

You are obviously trying to partially or full explore the areas (no I don't mean the poi, vista and waypoints only but the WHOLE area) instead of rushing to 80 before you start another character.

still don't see how you could hit multiple 80s already unless you did the crafting thing and had people feed you mats.. Would love to see a SS of OPs character select screen

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Well, it looks like I still have a lot of play in front of me. My highest toon is level 30. I have a level 20. The rest are level 5. I've been having fun trying all the classes out and exploring the different racial areas. Seems like this game is great for me.

But if you are already at 80 and not into alts and you like raiding and stuff, then I can see how you would be bored. I can't even imagine having a toon at 80 with the amount of time I play and way I play. 

Plus, Torchlight 2 is coming out soon, so I will probably play that a bit. Still got TSW on lifetime. Still haven't played through Skyrim. Lots of things to do in Minecraft.

So, yeah, OP -- me too -- I'm really glad I don't pay any monthlies and I have lots of games to play now.

Actually he did cause if he started at the headstart then he had over 2 weeks of fun, if he started at the release than 2 weeks - 1 day (preorder would be exactly 2 weeks).

According to his post he must have played 100+ hours already which is a very good amount of time to get out of a game.

Most offline games with online function or just offline games give you between like 12 to 50 hours gameplay for more money than GW2 cost and the replayability is doing the same again for the most cases while in GW2 you can come back at any time with no additional cost and enjoy free updates or just jump back for a bit of pvp fun in between when you "feel like it".

That's something you can't do in p2p mmos without reactivating your account and paying again.

Of course there are also the "newly found" f2p with limitations you can enjoy for the most part as also the real f2p mmos that one can play or revisit when they want to but for the most part there are none out there that will keep you for long either and to be honest I wouldn't ever wanna go back to "go kill 10 rats, come back, now go kill 20 rats" cause it would simply annoy me.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

still don't see how you could hit multiple 80s already unless you did the crafting thing and had people feed you mats.. Would love to see a SS of OPs character select screen

I don't have any 80s sweetie! :)

My main is around level 48, my second level 18 (got 15+ levels alone by running through areas charming pets only) and the others are between level 1 and 6 only.

I'm taking my time, enjoying all parts of the game, helping others when I can and there is need and trying to explore properly instead of rushing from area to area. :)

One of my guildies hit level 80 within a week on his own, he is taking his time with his second character though and still has fun.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Last I checked every P2P MMO also charges you box price on top of a sub. Try harder, you might actually come up with something that makes sense to complain about.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Last I checked every P2P MMO also charges you box price on top of a sub. Try harder, you might actually come up with something that makes sense to complain about.

LoL just what I was about to say . It made me laugh because he obviously didn't think it through very well .

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yep.  Best part about it.   If it had a sub, I would be only lasting the first month.  Game grabs me from time to time but its inconsistent compared to other MMOs.
  • DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

i was thinking he was talki8ng crafting proffessions, at least, i hope so :P

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Umm if you play for more than the Free month and didn't buy anything in the CS you've already saved more money. The standard life cycle of an MMO for someone who is as hardcore of a MMO player as the OP is 3 months before they start to quit (if the title is new). 

As far as defined goals are concered I don't really see why the OP has an issue with that. Exploremode dungeons offer unique armor (skins) and there is always legendaries. The only difference between these weapons and your standard MMO is that you don't have to get them to keep up with other players around you. The goal, in GW2's case, if of your chooising rather than being forced. By forced I mean you aren't blocked from completing content if you don't have the dungeon armor unlike say WoW were if you didn't spend countless hours farming T3 raid gear you can't hope to be able to do T4 raids.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Its easy to say "yay no subs" now when theres just one purchase involved.  Hopefully they sell you guys a decent endgame soon for$60...and in a few years you might have to pay well over $200 for the entier game...which might make subs look better since usually at that time buying a whole mmorpg that is p2p would still cost a reduced box and the sub fee..excluding that game that charges for every content patch and call them expansions...most p2p dont do that.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by redman875

Its easy to say "yay no subs" now when theres just one purchase involved.  Hopefully they sell you guys a decent endgame soon for$60...and in a few years you might have to pay well over $200 for the entier game...which might make subs look better since usually at that time buying a whole mmorpg that is p2p would still cost a reduced box and the sub fee..excluding that game that charges for every content patch and call them expansions...most p2p dont do that.

We'll see in a few years down the lane, I guess... One thing that do come to mind, though... I remember I was thinking of going back to WoW for a while sometime during the cataclysm expansion... but wanting to start from scratch because my account is on the european servers which makes it harder for me to find groups to play (being in Venezuela) specially after all my friends from the NA zone left the game, so I wanted to get an US account... and I remember doing the math, I would have needed about $130 to get WoW up to date (box + expansions up to Cata) + I'd have the sub fee on top of that.

At the same time, getting all of Guild Wars (B2P like GW2) at the same time would have meant $50 total with no further sub fees ($29.99 for GW trilogy on steam that comes with the three released campaigns + $19.99 for the eye of the north expansion, you can check, they still have the same price). So I'd say there's really no correlation there about being P2P or B2P and how much you'd need to pay to get an up to date game.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    thats my bad i keep forgetting the classes are called professions in GW2. I ment my skills like leatherworking chief armorsmithing.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Its so funny watching you try so desperately to troll the game every chance you get, while having absolutely no idea what youre talking about. Good trolls at least mix in some truth with what they say.

Looks like youre still going around pretending you dont basically bay the price of a full game for expansions in most games, on top of the sub fees.

Lets see:

$20 for original + TBC

$20 for WOTLK

$40 for Cata

And now another $40 for MoP

WoW - $120 + $15 x months played

GW1 - $30 for the entire trilogy, and no sub

GW2 - $60, no sub

Oh whats that? Was it the cries of a raging troll in anguish over elementary school mathematics and logic?

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

We'll see in a few years down the lane, I guess... One thing that do come to mind, though... I remember I was thinking of going back to WoW for a while sometime during the cataclysm expansion... but wanting to start from scratch because my account is on the european servers which makes it harder for me to find groups to play (being in Venezuela) specially after all my friends from the NA zone left the game, so I wanted to get an US account... and I remember doing the math, I would have needed about $130 to get WoW up to date (box + expansions up to Cata) + I'd have the sub fee on top of that.

At the same time, getting all of Guild Wars (B2P like GW2) at the same time would have meant $50 total with no further sub fees ($29.99 for GW trilogy on steam that comes with the three released campaigns + $19.99 for the eye of the north expansion, you can check, they still have the same price). So I'd say there's really no correlation there about being P2P or B2P and how much you'd need to pay to get an up to date game.

WoW is only $60 including MoP if you login to the WoW front page and click on the "prepurchase" window upper right ( Battlechest + WotLK + Cataclysym +MoP for $59.99). http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/Zorvan/Capture.png

I'm actually tempted to do it myself.

hmmm.. I guess that offer isn't available for latinamerica, I don't see the option to buy it. The way it seems to be for me, at least, going by the shop is:

$19.99 for the battle chest

$19.99 for wrath of the lich king

$39.99 for Cataclysm

$39.99 for MoP (might as well as it, since it's out in less than a month)

Total: $119.96

All prices going by the blizzard shop, all digital downloads.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I dont think so, GW1 was packed with each campaign loose or all together, for $45 and $60 when Nightfall came out and then for $40 for the complete a year later. New players will pick up the slightly more expensive pack.

Frankly do a certain big MMO forces you to buy several boxes to start now, something really annoying for new players and something ANET wont do since it actually will cost you more than ypu earn.