Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Over the Hill club.

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Are you over 40 and still play MMO's? Are you some big wig at some corporation and the kids that work for you would be shocked if you kick their butts in pvp? Or do you have all the time in the world like me and you pick and choose your MMO's? Maybe your a single perent that runs with the kids in their game of choice?

Lets hear your ya I am over 40 and I run a guild story. For me I am in between games right now I prob will sub again to WoW MOP just because it looks like fun. Been thinking about making a lvl 24 twink just to kick some hordie butt. Not to thrilled with any other MMO out now. I love the fact that I am on my schedule and no one elses.

So lets hear it if your 40+ give a shout out.

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    What the heck is a guild story?
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I'm + 40 as well.

I Got into MMO's because my brother lived in a different state and it was a way for us to hang out.

However, having played pen and paper games as well as many rpg computer games, including the gold box series, I love the potential of MMO's, even if I haven't found that game that has, Everything I want.

As a result, I just want well made games irregardless of whether they are Sandboxes or Themeparks.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    What the heck is a guild story?

That is for example if you are over forty and you run a very successful guild on your fav MMO.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I'm over 40, man.  I think Warcraft is very groovy and far out, but I'm playing GW2 at the moment until I can play that sweet, sweet MoP.  

Keep on Truckin'

Your friend,

Slick

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

I'm over 40, man.  I think Warcraft is very groovy and far out, but I'm playing GW2 at the moment until I can play that sweet, sweet MoP.  

Keep on Truckin'

Your friend,

Slick

Dude 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by aladinversuk
    This is what we call a midlife crisis. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

20 year olds don't have mid-life crises unless you're a hippy and don't expect to live beyond 30.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547
    This is what we call a midlife crisis. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Actually no, this post has nothing to do with the definition of a midlife crisis. Sorry.

Its about someone who loves a hobby and is interested in other people of a similar age who also enjoy that hobby.

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

Originally posted by bcrankshaw

Actually no, this post has nothing to do with the definition of a midlife crisis. Sorry.

Its about someone who loves a hobby and is interested in other people of a similar age who also enjoy that hobby.

Ya very true if this was a mid life crisses then were is my new Corvet and the 20 something gal to go with lol  ya I am just trying ot have a converse with fellow gamers with this post and their love for MMO's

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I am 61 and have my own game room in my house set up just for computer games.  My colleagues think I am nutz, but I enjoy the hell out of them. Screw em

I get my ass handed to me in PvP, but screw it...I enjoy it.  I have a very high stressed job, going into another world relaxes me.

• jmmortjmmort Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I'm 62 - retired - enjoying TSW at the moment. Sometimes I am rebuked for my less than stellar reaction times during raids (or any group play) but it's ok - having fun and passing some time - delightful

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I am 67.   Like others have said most people think I am in my second childhood.  I also have my game room with a 35 in flatscreen for a monitor, a computer, and an Xbox 360.

I have been playing computer games since they started. 

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I'm 45 and even though I'm not currently playing any MMOs regularly I still enjoy gaming every chance I get. I play mostly single player games right now as I'm kinda burnt out on the whole multiplayer scene MMOs included. I'm sure all it will take is a really good MMO to come along to suck me back in though. So far I figure since most MMOs are basically single player games now anyways I might as well save the extra expense and just play single player games. When a truly Massively Multiplayer MMO releases I'm sure I'll be all over it.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Smells like mothballs in here... especially now that Bren has shown up! image

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

There's a hill somewhere around here? I never saw it.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by Illius

Oh you! image You know you love me Illius! image I'm the only one left around here that will post in your perv related threads... LOL image

Edit: Speaking of that... We haven't had a good perv thread around here in a while now... SLACKER!!! image

Bren

Had to edit... I spelled 'perv' wrong... TWICE! LOL

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by Brenelael

Oh you! image You know you love me Illius! image I'm the only one left around here that will post in your prev related threads... LOL image

Edit: Speaking of that... We haven't had a good prev thread around here in a while now... SLACKER!!! image

Bren

lmao Great read do so far hope to a advid gamer well into my 60's and beyond.

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by grunty

20 year olds don't have mid-life crises unless you're a hippy and don't expect to live beyond 30.

Never trust anyone over 30.

I'm 39.

Hehe.

Turning over a new leaf? Or just a new handle?  image

Oh you! image You know you love me Illius! image I'm the only one left around here that will post in your perv related threads... LOL image

Edit: Speaking of that... We haven't had a good perv thread around here in a while now... SLACKER!!! image

Bren

I don't really post much anymore.  I lurk, but that's about it.  A lot of the people that made posting pervy things fun have left...

I mean look at Zorvan... I figured he was gone for good.  It takes a seriously interesting thread for me to actually break out of my lazyness and push a few keys to enter my user name and password.  More often than not, it's not worth the key strokes and the mouse click.  image

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Bren

I don't really post much anymore.  I lurk, but that's about it.  A lot of the people that made posting pervy things fun have left...

I mean look at Zorvan... I figured he was gone for good.  It takes a seriously interesting thread for me to actually break out of my lazyness and push a few keys to enter my user name and password.  More often than not, it's not worth the key strokes and the mouse click.  image

I believe we need more perviness.

Now I need to go find Teala....

Oh sure...drag me into this thread!  

Originally posted by Teala

Bren

Ya know I loves ya!

Long time??

Hi Teala!!

Originally posted by Teala

Bren

It didn't take very much dragging... Just mention your name and here you are. image Hiya Teala! image

And yes, Zorvan we definitely need more perviness... Get to work Illius! *Cracks Whip* image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

I'm innocent I tells ya...innocent.  image
    So is it the older we get the more previous we acquire? lol Why do I feel need to play Leisure Suit Larry again? lmao

I think this thread needs some Gangnam Style   image

At the very least it's good to know Illius and I can still totally derail a thread like pros... Almost a full page of posts now of nothing but totally off topic ramblings... LOL image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }