Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Spoilers] Final Battle with Zhaitan was Terrible

FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Tyria over the last two weeks.  The game is at least in my opinion, extremely high calibur and a fantastic additon to the MMORPG genre.   The world is exciting and "alive", the cities are gorgeous, and the combat is pretty nicely paced.

That being said, I found myself completely unprepared for the final battle.  It was absolutely terrible and revolved around the 5 of us in our party shooting cannons, simply pressing 2 for 2-3 minutes before him going down.  No mobs to take down, no cannons to protect, no AOE circles to run out.  Simply pressing 2.  Our battle with Zhaitan was the worst boss battle in all of Guild Wars 2.  Let's be honest some of the mobs in the starting areas (Fire elemental here's looking at you), were harder and more entertaining than this fight.

Is it unfinished?  Let's hope so, because that was just...I don't even have words to express my disappointment.

[Mod Edit:  Edited title to make it obvious what is in here.]

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

Comments

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Can't wait... thats my next quest.
  • FinitFinit Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    Can't wait... thats my next quest.

Not really a quest.  Your final personal story mission sends you to Arah, the last dungeon in Guild Wars 2.  When you get a group of 5 you can then complete the story mode in which you fight Zhaitan.  The rest of dungeon was alright, but the final battle was pretty awful.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    There have been comments that it is lackluster, but I have heard it is glitched. 
  • FinitFinit Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by KingJiggly
    There have been comments that it is lackluster, but I have heard it is glitched. 

Has that been confirmed officially by anyone at ArenaNet?  I'm surprised they haven't fixed it, because the entire game revolves around this final encounter.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    This thread should have a giant --SPOILER-- in the title. 
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Finit

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Tyria over the last two weeks.  The game is at least in my opinion, extremely high calibur and a fantastic additon to the MMORPG genre.   The world is exciting and "alive", the cities are gorgeous, and the combat is pretty nicely paced.

That being said, I found myself completely unprepared for the final battle.  It was absolutely terrible and revolved around the 5 of us in our party shooting cannons, simply pressing 2 for 2-3 minutes before him going down.  No mobs to take down, no cannons to protect, no AOE circles to run out.  Simply pressing 2.  Our battle with Zhaitan was the worst boss battle in all of Guild Wars 2.  Let's be honest some of the mobs in the starting areas (Fire elemental here's looking at you), were harder and more entertaining than this fight.

Is it unfinished?  Let's hope so, because that was just...I don't even have words to express my disappointment.

Wow this sounds really unfinished crap for an encounter! Are you sure the dragon goes down fully and not just to lick his wounds and then you meet him again at some crazy event chain or such? I know Big Z isnt the biggest or angriest dragon around but he is for now, so if stuff goes down like this it smells funny.

Though I guess we should remember that he's the dragon of undead right? Maybe he'll come back even more dead or something :P

Meh.

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167

If the Zhaitan fight really is as awful as you say the thing I would do is make Zhaitan more like Tolkien's Sauron in the lord of the rings an enemy that you dont get to fight until this game is 100% complete. 

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

Has that been confirmed officially by anyone at ArenaNet?  I'm surprised they haven't fixed it, because the entire game revolves around this final encounter.

No, just rumors. Sorry.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    I was hoping the fight would be more like the Sovourn Eye of Zhaitan. I did that one alone as a melee class and it was rough. 
  • GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Arenanet should come out and say it's not working as intended and then make it better so no one questions anything.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    This thread should have a giant --SPOILER-- in the title. 

Well it did indeed say "Final Battle" which could be seen as a sufficient spoiler alert, but perhaps the title in itself was too much of a spoiler? 

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

You sir, should join my guild Sweet Tower Lovers. I would of named it Zhaitan loves his golden shower or something worse but I figured I'd keep it from getting destroyed by bans. Figured they wouldn't figure that one out.

I too thought it was kind of a anticlimatic fight.

*Spoilers*

The fact that the only challenging part, if that, was fighting the 3 eyes then your basically done was kind of disappointing. But hopefully explorer mode does it better since its a completely different-ish instance.

That being said, the ice dragon fight was by far the coolest scene I've ever seen in the outside world when he fell to the ground and bounced off shit. That was actually epic and made everyone we were with feel the same.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

hmm. I wasn't there but it seems that 5 is really too low a number to take on zhaitan...

DE engine allows for setting the lowest number of players in an event to be scaled for. I imagined that zhaitan fight wouldn't scale below 20 or even 40 players at least. Jeez. They should fix that up asap. Killing Zhaitan should be like a server event or sumthin, you know something that everybody participates in or at least talks about, not some sordid little affair a pug stumbles on...

p.s. I've just read on.. it's a part of your personal storyline /rolleyes. Jeez. I mean, really. Zhaitan thing should be a super-elite server-wide dynamic event, not something you do on your "very own personal quest towards being the god-emperor savior of everything... like everybody else" aka personal story. Jeez. Put zhaitan in real world where he belongs, not that instanced  epeen stroking side-dish called personal story!

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    How did you edit your topic title btw?
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    How did you edit your topic title btw?

You just edited normally like you would the text.

On topic, yes, i made a thread about this awhile back http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/forums/post/5268404#5268404

As far as being a bug, i don't think so. Zhaitan mostly flies around using adds and aoes on the deck of the ship. In the second phase, he does attack but with only a small aoe. The only bug i can think off would that the ship is suppose to move around the tower while he attacks with more stuff. But, it seems you will end up spamming 2 regardless.

Also, i've read that in the explorable mode of Arah, with the Giganticus Lupicus, you see Zhaitan's corpse (not sure ofcourse), so i don't know if actually comes back.

it is indeed quite a disappointing fight, IMO.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Yea, I hated every second of that shitty air ship. 

Bugs, more bugs and some lag here and there. Pretty much it.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    Sucks. Good thing I didn't buy gw2 for the pve
  • IamAproposIamApropos Member Posts: 173

I'm a HUGE Guild Wars 2 Koolaid Fan boy!! When I say HUGE I mean absolutely DROOLING RETARDED Huge!!

So far with 28% world exploration completed the PVE up until this point has been better then any game in the last 10 years PERIOD, Hands down!!!  - Even withthe following.

Though my level of excitment dramatically dropped when I encountered the Shatterer.  The boss had simple animations, did NOT pose any threat at all and I was level 46.   And to top it all off I disconnected mid battle and didn't get rewarded for anything I did after I reconnected.    The fight did not scale nearly enough for the 40-50 people that were there because the fight lasted oh 2-3 minutes and I don't recall anyone in downed state the entire time.

I don't think these are broken per say but definitely not scaling correctly as you mentioned Fire Shaman / Elemental thing in Asura Metrica provence is SO MUCH MORE of a challange then the Shatterer.

I really hope they fine tune this stuff because Its one of the main reasons I'm playing is for the huge open world Raid content.

The potential is there they just need to tune it correctly.

IamApropos
    See where adventure will lead you!
    My PC Specs:
    i5-3570k oc'ed @4.2GHz
    8GB 1600 RAM
    GTX670 oc'ed @ 1.25Ghz
    Samsung 830 SSD.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Apropo

I'm a HUGE Guild Wars 2 Koolaid Fan boy!! When I say HUGE I mean absolutely DROOLING RETARDED Huge!!

So far with 28% world exploration completed the PVE up until this point has been better then any game in the last 10 years PERIOD, Hands down!!!  - Even withthe following.

Though my level of excitment dramatically dropped when I encountered the Shatterer.  The boss had simple animations, did NOT pose any threat at all and I was level 46.   And to top it all off I disconnected mid battle and didn't get rewarded for anything I did after I reconnected.    The fight did not scale nearly enough for the 40-50 people that were there because the fight lasted oh 2-3 minutes and I don't recall anyone in downed state the entire time.

I don't think these are broken per say but definitely not scaling correctly as you mentioned Fire Shaman / Elemental thing in Asura Metrica provence is SO MUCH MORE of a challange then the Shatterer.

I really hope they fine tune this stuff because Its one of the main reasons I'm playing is for the huge open world Raid content.

The potential is there they just need to tune it correctly.

While I am still having a blast in GW2 when my friends are online, I'm usually in Rift when I'm on by myself, and Even today, I logged in and have done 4 open world raids.

Sorry, But I don't think that GW2 has taken their DE's to the next level. Not at all. Nothing I have seen in GW2 (as far as open world Raids/DEs) is even remotely as good as Rift's Zone Invasions.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

While I am still having a blast in GW2 when my friends are online, I'm usually in Rift when I'm on by myself, and Even today, I logged in and have done 4 open world raids.

Sorry, But I don't think that GW2 has taken their DE's to the next level. Not at all. Nothing I have seen in GW2 (as far as open world Raids/DEs) is even remotely as good as Rift's Zone Invasions.

have you done shatterer or Tequatl the Sunless event yet? I enjoyed Rift for a good long time but I find most zone META events to be much more enjoyable than Rifts zone invasions.. i loved the invasions when I first started Rift but just not enough variety in them or lack of any real story behind them to keep them interesting for me.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IamAproposIamApropos Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

have you done shatterer or Tequatl the Sunless event yet? I enjoyed Rift for a good long time but I find most zone META events to be much more enjoyable than Rifts zone invasions.. i loved the invasions when I first started Rift but just not enough variety in them or lack of any real story behind them to keep them interesting for me.

I did the Shatterer today as I described in a previous post... Was disappointing, no worse then disappointing.   I actually sat there after it died in disbelief at how deflated I felt.  Seriously it started off bugged with him already on the ground and he flew up and exploded just for us to repeat the prequest.   2 minutes after he landed without any real mechanics or threat he was dead and half the people did not get rewarded at all.

After sitting there for 2-3 minutes with guild mates going "That was it"???!!!!  I logged off and contemplated, it was beautifull but just a let down compared to the Shadow Behemoth or the Fire elemental or hell any of the starter zone mini bosses. 

IamApropos
    See where adventure will lead you!
    My PC Specs:
    i5-3570k oc'ed @4.2GHz
    8GB 1600 RAM
    GTX670 oc'ed @ 1.25Ghz
    Samsung 830 SSD.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Trion does keep adding more invasions into the mix. There are a lot of new ones if you haven't seen them recently and you can get a vary diversified experience from one invasion to the next. Some are smaller in scale than others and some are huge, but more or less all are fun.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

While I am still having a blast in GW2 when my friends are online, I'm usually in Rift when I'm on by myself, and Even today, I logged in and have done 4 open world raids. Sorry, But I don't think that GW2 has taken their DE's to the next level. Not at all. Nothing I have seen in GW2 (as far as open world Raids/DEs) is even remotely as good as Rift's Zone Invasions.

Ive done all of the dragon bosses and they all suck.

Shatterer and Tequatl are zerged with little thought and Claw of Jormag is a long boring fight.

The problem is that they dont scale nearly enough. It seems like they only scale to about 20 people or so. Which means when 40 or more people show up they go down in a couple minutes.

I thought these epic open world raid bosses were supposed to scale up to 100 people and still be a challenge. If 100 people did Shatterer he would die in seconds. Sounds like more talk from ArenaNet.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

Currently there are too many people in a certain portion of the game. At launch they were all low level, now the bulk of the population is between level 30 and level 40. Eventually everyone will be in Orr, which can't come soon enough, the place is overrun with Risen and it's difficult to hold positions alone. By that time, the bulk of the population will be 80 and the mass of the game will be underplayed.

ArenaNet didn't plan for launch numbers in events, they clearly have planned for longterm. if there are more than 20 people doing an event, there are just way too many and that will not last forever.