It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I had to say that. I played Ryzom and Anarchy Online (not a sandbox per say, but much moreso than GW2) and I was kept entertained for months on end by both games, so that's not the issue. Here are my issues after attempting to like the game 5 different times with 5 different characters:
1. DE's are not exciting. mobs come running out of nowhere, you kill them and then another wave comes...or....you get certain things as part of a collection quest until there are enough.
2. Ive been told the game gets more exciting by level 30 but I can't make it to level 20 before I want to pull my hair and teeth out from boredom...please dont use that...alot of people used that excuse with Aion and SWTOR....probably used it with other games as well...bottom line is, the game can't hold my interest to level 15 let alone level 30.
3. gear itemization is terrible....I go through at least 10 levels before I see any very minute change to the looks of my gear....don't bring up culture gear, because from what I've seen, I have to buy it....it doesnt drop.
4. Although the skills do have some form of collective intertwining, it's still basic and combat is really not that in-depth...it's pretty easy and not intuitive...if you know how to read, you know how to combat.
5. The GW2 fanboi's....this is the least, but it makes a difference....you guys pumped this game up WAYYYY too much....it was a letdown from the onset partially because of this....although I don't think a lack of fanboyism would have made a difference...I just thought I'd point that out.
Stop mentioning sandbox in the same sentence as this game though....it's FARRRR from it...there are more conventional themepark MMO's out there that are more sandbox than this game.