Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So now what?

12346»

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by AwDiddums
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

In the 10 days since release, I have:

* Reached level 80

* Completed all the areas I came across to 100%, including Orr ones (except Straits of Devastation which I left at 98% because in my server there is a skill point bugged ever since pre-release)

* Leveled Artificier and Tailor to 400 and crafted myself a full Rare/Exotic (orange) gear set, weapons included (with seldom Trading Post aid - stil not working most of the time).

*Finished the story mode and all the instances, including Arah in Explorable mode with a PuG (someone said this was supposed to be a challenge for the months to come?).

* I don't like the PvP in GW2. (WvW is Wintergrasp all over but even more zergy, structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

So, what is left for me to do?

Sure, I've played 5-10 hours a day, but I'm noticing people are already quitting the game, and 10 days after I started playing this mmo what can I do to entertain myself? Because I remember how GW1 got me addicted for months and was so much more challenging and difficult to progress through and achieve your goals. But here it appears I've reached all the goals I'd care for in barely a week.

Mind that I'm not complaining that I didn't get my budget for the price I paid, since I've paid the same for games I've uninstalled in 2-3 days and I've still felt satisfied. But I've come from playing WoW during over six years, and I refuse to believe 10 days is all I'm getting from this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

"Get a life" comments, please abstain. The fact that anyone replies here means they at least care about playing mmo's and voicing their opinions as much as I do. I'd like comprehensive replies as to what can I really look forward to now in Guild Wars 2, anything that a PvE'er like me could find somewhat entertaining other than farming low level hearts in other starting areas. Those are just a disguised form of grind, and a tedious one at that.

This is not a troll post, either. It sounds snarky because I feel deceived, but I'm actually hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing that will make GW2 a long-term source of fun as it was promised to be.

Pls pls tell me your secret, I've been playing the same hrs as you, I've completed 9% of the map, I'm lvl 28, my crafting which I hav been concentrating on is 156 on jewelry and 74 on tailoring (damn you tiny claws etc), how are you doing it?

His secret, I suspect, is that he is playing it like getting to 80 is 'winning'.

You, I suspect, are playing it for the journey and to enjoy the tons of 'moments' the game offers to the player that takes his time.

(OP, anyone who talks about 'grinding' hearts etc has maybe missed the subleties of the game as they have powered through, treating each zone like an area to be 'beaten' and then discarded. The way you have probably played is fine, whatever sails your boat, bit it will severely reduce the time you get out of any title. Not just GW2. My advice for you is to just move on to the next title that you will consume in 2 weeks flat and not hang around in forums asking for people to explain why something that is not fun for you is fun for them.)

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    Originally posted by AwDiddums
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

In the 10 days since release, I have:

* Reached level 80

* Completed all the areas I came across to 100%, including Orr ones (except Straits of Devastation which I left at 98% because in my server there is a skill point bugged ever since pre-release)

* Leveled Artificier and Tailor to 400 and crafted myself a full Rare/Exotic (orange) gear set, weapons included (with seldom Trading Post aid - stil not working most of the time).

*Finished the story mode and all the instances, including Arah in Explorable mode with a PuG (someone said this was supposed to be a challenge for the months to come?).

* I don't like the PvP in GW2. (WvW is Wintergrasp all over but even more zergy, structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

So, what is left for me to do?

Sure, I've played 5-10 hours a day, but I'm noticing people are already quitting the game, and 10 days after I started playing this mmo what can I do to entertain myself? Because I remember how GW1 got me addicted for months and was so much more challenging and difficult to progress through and achieve your goals. But here it appears I've reached all the goals I'd care for in barely a week.

Mind that I'm not complaining that I didn't get my budget for the price I paid, since I've paid the same for games I've uninstalled in 2-3 days and I've still felt satisfied. But I've come from playing WoW during over six years, and I refuse to believe 10 days is all I'm getting from this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

"Get a life" comments, please abstain. The fact that anyone replies here means they at least care about playing mmo's and voicing their opinions as much as I do. I'd like comprehensive replies as to what can I really look forward to now in Guild Wars 2, anything that a PvE'er like me could find somewhat entertaining other than farming low level hearts in other starting areas. Those are just a disguised form of grind, and a tedious one at that.

This is not a troll post, either. It sounds snarky because I feel deceived, but I'm actually hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing that will make GW2 a long-term source of fun as it was promised to be.

Pls pls tell me your secret, I've been playing the same hrs as you, I've completed 9% of the map, I'm lvl 28, my crafting which I hav been concentrating on is 156 on jewelry and 74 on tailoring (damn you tiny claws etc), how are you doing it?

easy, there is little to no secret, play like there is no tomorrow

do the same DE countless times as it rewards you with the most XP and Karma, maybe with the support of XP booster, Karma booster, buy Gems, convert to gold, buy crafting materials, recipes, and craft

and play 5 - 10 hours too of course :)

So What Now?

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    How is that different to GW1? If you flat-out play GW1 you can finish the storyline in the same amount of time. That's when you turn to PvP. If you don't enjoy PvP then perhaps GW2 isn't the permanent MMO home for you. And that's OK. But I, for one, will heavily involve myself in WvWvW upon completion of all the PvE content (I'm level 40 and completed 16% of the map for the record). I'm not about to burn out any time soon.
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Not going to say this is an adequate substitute for an endgame, but.. if you like the game, why not level another character?  I've been really enjoying how differently each class plays.  If you don't like the game enough to want to do that, then isn't that kind of your answer right there?  Play an alt, or move on to a game you do like?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.