Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So now what?

Comments

• emestoemesto Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Emerwyn

structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

Or you are...you know...bad...

Have you specced as a glass cannon? This game doesn't have holy trinity tank/healer/dps, if you have gone all out dps then expect to die a quick death.

Stop playing the game like wow and play it like it is supposed to be played and maybe you will enjoy it more...

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    A trend i am starting to notice around the forums in general. People get theme parks and rush through them then complain about nothing to do. Solution to this is go to a sandpark game. When people play sandparks they complain about nothing to do when the developers gave them a virtual world to create something to do with there own imagination. An mmorpg existential conundrum. Ha.
  • otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Content locusts that go to level 80 in 10 days, do the 32 dungeons, complete 100% maps and spend a lot of time both in spvp and wvwvwvw.

And after that they start complaining: "what to do next?"

Maybe they want 80 more levels to do ..... after 10 more days when they reach level 160 they will start complaining again.

To hold their interest for 1 whole month GW2 should have had 240 levels and 96 dungeons?!?!?

Kinda funny 

Gw2 is the mmorpg themepark that give the least incentives to rush to the max level (you don't have raids and you have no advantages in pvp) and yet people rush it to start complaining.

Why don't you content locusts go play a sandbox? There is plenty of them around.

(not the case of the OP since i've checked his post history and he is just trolling)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by otacu

Gw2 is the mmorpg themepark that give the least incentives to rush to the max level (you don't have raids and you have no advantages in pvp) and yet people rush it to start complaining.

What do you expect?  People are dumb.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

have you done and/or seen all of the possible dynamic events in the game, as there are some VERY interesting ones out there. Have you fought any of the dragons; Jormag, The Shatterer, that undead one whose name i forget? Or did you just run through all the areas grabbing the objectives and chopping out. Did you unlock EVERY achievement in the game? Or did you not know the achievements were there. I'm working on the "Indescriminate Slayer" one at the moment.

1,000 innocent fluffy rabbits must DIE!

Not to mention the branching events that end up being like 5 or 6 chains long. Theres the raid on Laughing Gull Island in the Bloodtide Coast, there's the event that puts you along side the Blood Legion as they rush in to claim Flame Legion territory, there's the chains that lead up to the dragon fights; Theres a lot to do and the game is quite dynamic(for something man-made). Saying that you've done everything is like saying you know everyone on the planet; Well do you know the kid that was born 5 seconds ago, or the one born 2 seconds ago, or the one being pushed out right now?

Have you discovered the small nooks and mini dungeons or done some of the mini events GW2 has to offer?

There's still quite a bit to do. The 100% map completion is quite misleading as there is still work to be done ;). I've said this before in a few other threads, but the "completionist" attitude only works for so long in this game. Not that there's anything wrong with that attitude, it just wont work in this game. As you can almost never be finished.

• NikecowNikecow Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by StanlyStanko
    CS:GO for PvP

HAHAHAH xD exactly this. Im having a blast with CS.

@ op

I feel you man. I also quit while I had 0 expectations of the game. It's just boring :( I 100% every area I come across but suddenly at level 40 I just stalled. I'm so dissappointed in MMORPGS right now :(((

They see me lurkin' they hatin...

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by tabindex
    Originally posted by Shatter30
    There is now way you did all that playing 5 hours a day, closer to the 10 or even more.  What do you expect, you blew threw the game.  Might try this thing called getting a life or going outside.

Good MMO's replace real life.

This comment is sad on so many levels....

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    So, what is left for me to do?

Wait for the next game release, of course.

It's actually rather good that they don't release faster; you locust style would break your wallet.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    What to do ? Well, just like with every other mmo on earth : Reroll.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

Bag on his play time or w/e else you want but the truth is this game has nothing to make it last, endgame wise. Once you hit 80 you pretty much reroll or you're done in a month or two. Which means it's fate is to be another victim of WoW.

You get great value for your money here but it inevitably cannot fill the giant hole in MMO gaming for long. It's sad that almost every game fails to have a proper endgame after EQ but until they learn they deserve to crumble.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

In the 10 days since release, I have:

* Reached level 80

* Completed all the areas I came across to 100%, including Orr ones (except Straits of Devastation which I left at 98% because in my server there is a skill point bugged ever since pre-release)

* Leveled Artificier and Tailor to 400 and crafted myself a full Rare/Exotic (orange) gear set, weapons included (with seldom Trading Post aid - stil not working most of the time).

*Finished the story mode and all the instances, including Arah in Explorable mode with a PuG (someone said this was supposed to be a challenge for the months to come?).

* I don't like the PvP in GW2. (WvW is Wintergrasp all over but even more zergy, structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

Sure, I've played 5-10 hours a day, but I'm noticing people are already quitting the game, and 10 days after I started playing this mmo what can I do to entertain myself? Because I remember how GW1 got me addicted for months and was so much more challenging and difficult to progress through and achieve your goals. But here it appears I've reached all the goals I'd care for in barely a week.

Mind that I'm not complaining that I didn't get my budget for the price I paid, since I've paid the same for games I've uninstalled in 2-3 days and I've still felt satisfied. But I've come from playing WoW during over six years, and I refuse to believe 10 days is all I'm getting from this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

"Get a life" comments, please abstain. The fact that anyone replies here means they at least care about playing mmo's and voicing their opinions as much as I do. I'd like comprehensive replies as to what can I really look forward to now in Guild Wars 2, anything that a PvE'er like me could find somewhat entertaining other than farming low level hearts in other starting areas. Those are just a disguised form of grind, and a tedious one at that.

This is not a troll post, either. It sounds snarky because I feel deceived, but I'm actually hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing that will make GW2 a long-term source of fun as it was promised to be.

Your post history tells me you didn't like GW2 to begin with, do not understand why you bought it O_O

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Bag on his play time or w/e else you want but the truth is this game has nothing to make it last, endgame wise. Once you hit 80 you pretty much reroll or you're done in a month or two. Which means it's fate is to be another victim of WoW.

What... did you miss Orr, SPVP, WvWvW and the dungeons?

The only thing that's missing are instanced raids.

If you are not into a second job geargrind with Raids the socalled "endgame" (as "things to do at max level") GW2 >>>> WOW by far.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

* Reached level 80

* Completed all the areas I came across to 100%, including Orr ones (except Straits of Devastation which I left at 98% because in my server there is a skill point bugged ever since pre-release)

* Leveled Artificier and Tailor to 400 and crafted myself a full Rare/Exotic (orange) gear set, weapons included (with seldom Trading Post aid - stil not working most of the time).

*Finished the story mode and all the instances, including Arah in Explorable mode with a PuG (someone said this was supposed to be a challenge for the months to come?).

* I don't like the PvP in GW2. (WvW is Wintergrasp all over but even more zergy, structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

Sure, I've played 5-10 hours a day, but I'm noticing people are already quitting the game, and 10 days after I started playing this mmo what can I do to entertain myself? Because I remember how GW1 got me addicted for months and was so much more challenging and difficult to progress through and achieve your goals. But here it appears I've reached all the goals I'd care for in barely a week.

Mind that I'm not complaining that I didn't get my budget for the price I paid, since I've paid the same for games I've uninstalled in 2-3 days and I've still felt satisfied. But I've come from playing WoW during over six years, and I refuse to believe 10 days is all I'm getting from this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

"Get a life" comments, please abstain. The fact that anyone replies here means they at least care about playing mmo's and voicing their opinions as much as I do. I'd like comprehensive replies as to what can I really look forward to now in Guild Wars 2, anything that a PvE'er like me could find somewhat entertaining other than farming low level hearts in other starting areas. Those are just a disguised form of grind, and a tedious one at that.

This is not a troll post, either. It sounds snarky because I feel deceived, but I'm actually hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing that will make GW2 a long-term source of fun as it was promised to be.

How the hell did you do all that in 10 days? lol

I've been focusing on figuring out what class/race combo I really want to play and haven't gotten passed level 12 on a character yet. My highest craft is only 25, and I've only fully explored two areas (Hoelbrak and Divinity's Reach). I don't have a TON of time to play, but ti seems like it'd take me WAY longer than 10 days to get even remotely close to where you got if I just stuck to one character the whole time.

But I guess I'm just slow. :p

Anyway, MoP is out in September.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by HorrorScope
    Originally posted by Kuinn Since release, I've been playing this game anywhere from 2 to 6 hours a day and I'm currently sitting around lvl, was it 34, on my main char. Dont see the point of rushing since I'm for a change having fun on each area I hit.
    The point in rushing to 80 in GW2 is if you do want to PvP, you will gain advantages. Now if you don't PvP, doesn't matter when or if you ever get there.

Um... only if you care about picking off loners 1 on 1, but while in groups level doesn't matter, and in server pvp everyone is maxed at 80 with all traits/abilities unlocked, what was the point of rushing to 80 again?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by sookster54

Um... only if you care about picking off loners 1 on 1, but while in groups level doesn't matter, and in server pvp everyone is maxed at 80 with all traits/abilities unlocked, what was the point of rushing to 80 again?

It makes a difference in WvW. A rather significant one group or no. Not anything op however.

As for SPvP yeah doesn't mean jack.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Really not sure what to say op. I only have one character and he is level 38 with 21%. 
  • GN-003GN-003 Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Valentina
    I don't really believe it was 5 hours a day, not to do all of that. I have played a lot since launch and I'm level 68 and not anywhere close to 100% in *every* zone in the game. Nooo way at all lol

I did say 5-10 hours.. maybe closer ot 10 most days, but I work part-time in week days, so I can't really sit at the computer all day even if I wanted.

In any case, that part of the post doesn't matter, it's not the real body of the question.

If you'd care to humor me, how many hours have you logged in Guild Wars 2? Type /age while in-game to bring up said stats.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Find a guild you will go the distance with, tear up the WvW with them, ive been doing that and having a blast.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

I play on average 4-5 houes a day.

I have:

-Reached level 67 with my Guardian

- Tried to skill my profession up to the same level as me

- Doing some sPvP

- Doing some WvW

And I still think theres alot I still miss to do. The game still feels new to me.

The feeling you're all having, is the same feeling I had with several MMOs I've tried.

When I reached high level in any MMO, I was started to be burned out. Not because mising content, or anything similar.

I just felt that I knew my class. Had tried all spells.

What I usually do then, is rerolling an alt. Once I have this feeling removed from my "main", I start playing him again.

Tbh, I think many lost their burnout if just they rerolled an alt, until they were ready to fight with their main they worked so hard on, reaching 80.

I have a few low level alts, but I wanted to make one of my chars to 80 so I'm not low level for the rest of my life. When my Guardian is 80, I play slowly with the other chars.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Right... there we go with the naysayers and the "this is a troll, he can't have done all that".

Screenshot for proof: http://i45.tinypic.com/357j0gw.jpg

There you can see the level, the armor skin, one of the items of the set (all the items belong to the same set and require 400 Tailor). The staff is Rampager's Pearl Quarterstaff, which is the Exotic 400 Artificier staff, you can look it up in guildhead or GW wiki too, and see the icon is unique so it can't be anything else.

The maps are all completed at 100% - only those I leveled through, I didn't go back through other races low level areas. Had enough tedious grind filling hearts as it is and I'm asking for fun things to do, not more killing X monsters or delivering X bunnies. The overall game exploration is completed at 61%.

I can't prove that I've done explorable mode of dungeons, though.

Oooooo, I believe you OP......I'll bet your sitting in a very small apartment with three computers running three video games at once, and bitching that the job market is just bad !

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

Simple answer: Go play something else. If you feel there is nothing more to do why play the game?

For some reason MMORPG's are a genre that must be played for years and yeeears and yeeeeeears. I never really got that. I've been playing since headstart and I'm only level 38. I'll be playing for months, maybe even years. I haven't enjoyed any game this much in a long time, or any MMO ever. But when I start feeling like I am not enjoying playing anymore I'll stop. No need to force yourself to play anymore just because it is an MMO, that is the beauty of B2P model.

The game itself offers those things that you can do at level 80, for example get a legendary weapon. That will take a nice chunk of time for anyone. But if any of those activities is not your thing there is no need to force yourself to play. Hopefully you had a good time, got yours moneysworth and might return to check out some content updates later on! :)

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Interesting how distinctly average your stats are there - especially the emphasis on Precision on the weapon and the low % in the stat window.

I get higher than that % at 70th with 60-69th level gear.

The Devil is in the detail - you have a long way to go to max out that character and maybe you should do that huh?

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

good thing they are B2P.. no?

quit the game, truthfully, there isnt anything else for you to do, you have pretty much seen everything that the game has to offer, except for some random chat of people in the map ( that is even if you care )

i have pretty much did what you did except for Dungeon Explorable because i couldn't give a damn about it because the difficulty is too much for my terms of  fun, so for me, i willingly let that progression go away from my goal, and i dont even have the urge to step in again into the dungeon, 

well, so now what?

all i can say is, take a break from GW2 until there is a new patch

or

log in once in a while just to do WvWvW / sPvP just for the sake of doing it

or

play other MMO/game you have, as for me, i went back playing Vanguard ( which is sad because i still have so much to do in that game even though it's been out for 5 years, lol )

So What Now?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by vee41

Simple answer: Go play something else. If you feel there is nothing more to do why play the game?

For some reason MMORPG's are a genre that must be played for years and yeeears and yeeeeeears. I never really got that. I've been playing since headstart and I'm only level 38. I'll be playing for months, maybe even years. I haven't enjoyed any game this much in a long time, or any MMO ever. But when I start feeling like I am not enjoying playing anymore I'll stop. No need to force yourself to play anymore just because it is an MMO, that is the beauty of B2P model.

The game itself offers those things that you can do at level 80, for example get a legendary weapon. That will take a nice chunk of time for anyone. But if any of those activities is not your thing there is no need to force yourself to play. Hopefully you had a good time, got yours moneysworth and might return to check out some content updates later on! :)

Agreed, but I usually take a break for a while when it doesnt feel as fun, come back and so on a few times before I burn out. And yes, that can take years.

If I dont have fun I surely dont have time to continue playing.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

* Reached level 80

Pls pls tell me your secret, I've been playing the same hrs as you, I've completed 9% of the map, I'm lvl 28, my crafting which I hav been concentrating on is 156 on jewelry and 74 on tailoring (damn you tiny claws etc), how are you doing it?