Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So now what?

Comments

• kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Tardcore
    Originally posted by Jagarid

Crafted orange stuff looks like ass.  Go after the good looking dungeon stuff.

That will take you a while.

So .. go do a bunch of dungeon gear grinds? If I remember correctly that was one of the things the more rabid fans said wouldn't exist in GW2.

And sorry OP but you bought into possibly the most ultra-casual MMO to date then blew through it like Cassanova through a nunnery, and now find yourself with nothing left you want to do. WTF did you expect exactly?

Considering the hype...alot of people expected more, and your sig pretty much illustrates that. 

Hype is a dangerous drug kids, stay in school, don't do drugs, use a condom, and don't hype themepark mmos to have WOW-esque longevity...they never do.  

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Originally posted by lokiboard
    5-10 hours a day?  Get help, a job, a girlfriend.......spend that time on an advanced degree.....Fix up your house, car....volunteer at a shelter.......my god man, live outside of your house.....get real friends and say goodbye to imaginary and internet guildies......read a book.....write a symphony ......As far a GW2 is concerned ...your done....congratulations.......

Get out this forum, he said guys like you dont need to post so why you posted ?

I hate man like you, give lesson to your dog not to us and please ..no i'll wast my time good bye

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

...   this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

This is not a troll post, ....

Actually, it is a troll post.  It's called concern trolling.     You did it well, but you left your tells.  

Any way, even if you sucked down 'the whole MMO' in ten days, (which you didn't because there's no way you completed all 45 story arcs and leveled all 8-classes to 80 or level all craft skills to 400,  and clearly you didn't do tons of stuff on the way up) that's your problem for rushing to end-game and refusing to do anything but rush-to-end-game and make the stupid 'end-game' argument which we all know is about raids and gear grind....    I think it's clear that your interests are too narrow for this game and you just want to complain.

It'd be like if you bought Microsoft Flight Simulator and complained there was no combat, role-playing or RTS featuers...    But just 'boring flying around" in the air...   No kidding, it's a flight sim.   You take off, you fly, you can set up emergencies to happen at random times to test your flight skills...      Last time I played it, it didn't even have an air-combat mode because it's not Falcon 4.0 (yeah, it's been that long since I played the genre).

In the end,  no developer can protect against, or please, clients who refuse to play 80+% of their game or want to play a different game instead of the game they actually designed and bought.    And they shouldn't try.   

And I call it a troll post, because if you were interested in an HONEST answer, you wouldn't have made the post you made, but would have gone back to the game and see what you could do...  Or you would have asked a real question:

What do YOU do at Level 80?     (Which is an interesting question...)  And maybe asked some follow-ups in the post, like:  Are you crafting, playing the market when it's up, WvWvW, sPvP, grinding cosmetic gear....????

But you didn't.  You came here and whined.

EDITED because the preview and post buttons are not the same...

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by MosesZD

Actually, it is a troll post.  It's called concern trolling.     You did it well, but you left your tells.  

Any way, even if you sucked down the whole MMO in ten days, (though  I doubt it because I there's no way completed all 45 story arcs and leveled all 8-classes to 80) that's your problem.    No developer can protect against irrational, no-life clients.   No developer can please everyone.  

I wonder why people believe the OP did all that.... he is an obvious troll

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Seriuously, this game is something you play while your real MMO is down for maintenance......Don't hate me cause its true...image
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Originally posted by lokiboard
    Seriuously, this game is something you play while your real MMO is down for maintenance......Don't hate me cause its true...image

Agreed

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by tabindex
    Originally posted by Shatter30
    There is now way you did all that playing 5 hours a day, closer to the 10 or even more.  What do you expect, you blew threw the game.  Might try this thing called getting a life or going outside.

Good MMO's replace real life.

You mean "BAD mmo's replace real life".

To the OP ... you reached level 80 in roughly 75 hours? somehow i really doubt you can level up a character and do all the dungeons (8 story mode and 24 explorable modes) in that time.

But let's assume you did it and you are not trolling (despite your "new jesus of mmo" rant gives you pretty much away). No point in complaining now. This is no WOW so you won't get raid geargrind as a second job for the next 12 months. But i think you already knew it before purchasing the game.

Since you think pvp is not for you (WvWvW and spvp don't appeal to you) i guess you can just go back to the areas you rushed and check the multiple DE events and jumping puzzles you've clearly missed in you rushing

After that you can simply quit GW2 because no PVE themepark is endless.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Drachasor

Thanks for the replies so far, guess GW2 is just not a full time mmo, but something to keep in the side and play now and then. I'm not heading to Pandaland either, Blizzard destroyed the game with sheer greed, but I hoped GW2 would at least last till Torchlight2 / Neverwinter release.

Legendary items.. yeah I read what you need to craft one. Among other things, 250 Shards of Zhaitan, and you get 4 per boss killed in explorable mode. Sounds like Aion all over in that aspect.

Mind explaining what exactly kept you interested in GW1 for months?  Because I'm not seeing what it had that GW2 doesn't in this regard (again, if you like the gameplay).

There are things you can spend a lot of time doing certainly.  If that is fun for you, then GW2 does have that.  It's just not progression-based content, but I don't see how that matters.  There's also a lot of fun silly stuff like the Keg game and various puzzles.  I know I spent about 6 or more hours doing just one of the jumping puzzles.

I guess I'd like some explanation as to why the various options available aren't acceptable to you.  It is rather puzzling considering you apparently have liked WoW (which pretty much necessitates doing the same thing over and over again far more than GW2 does with its many options for repeatable content) and you have liked GW1 which didn't have progression content.

No, doing the puzzles and getting a Legendary Weapon sound like good time spenders, so I think I'll work on that for now.

About the gameplay, GW1 wasn't anywhere close as soloable as GW2 is. I've basically solo-steamrolled the story mode, bar the very last mission in which you need to complete the dungeon. I guess it's just a bit of nostalgia, but I don't feel accomplished when things come so easy.

I'm PRETTY sure I never needed to party up for ANYTHING in GW1. Ever. I COULD party up for a DoA or FoW run, but you can complete all of NM, HM, and every Dungeon without EVER going into a party.

This was made exponentially true with the advent of 7 hero parties.

Don't believe me? Try an SoS build with Discord + Sabway OR Discord + Tri-Mesmer. Steamroll through Winds of Change, though you DO need to be a bit more careful in WoC HM.

I've played with more people in 1 day of GW2 than 5 years of GW1. And I LOVED GW1 (50/50 + GWAMM).

I would really like to know what kept you playing GW1. I'm PRETTY sure it had to either be titles or PvP, because you can finish the rest of the game in 2 weeks (all 3 campaigns + EotN), especially at the amount of time you appear to be putting in.

If you really want something to do: level other 6 crafting professions, get dungeon armor/weapons, get racial tiered armor/weapons, collect mini-pets via purchasing them from TP, or just take a break, dude XD.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70

Right... there we go with the naysayers and the "this is a troll, he can't have done all that".

Screenshot for proof: http://i45.tinypic.com/357j0gw.jpg

There you can see the level, the armor skin, one of the items of the set (all the items belong to the same set and require 400 Tailor). The staff is Rampager's Pearl Quarterstaff, which is the Exotic 400 Artificier staff, you can look it up in guildhead or GW wiki too, and see the icon is unique so it can't be anything else.

The maps are all completed at 100% - only those I leveled through, I didn't go back through other races low level areas. Had enough tedious grind filling hearts as it is and I'm asking for fun things to do, not more killing X monsters or delivering X bunnies. The overall game exploration is completed at 61%.

I can't prove that I've done explorable mode of dungeons, though.

Originally posted by MosesZD

In the 10 days since release, I have:

* Reached level 80

* Completed all the areas I came across to 100%, including Orr ones (except Straits of Devastation which I left at 98% because in my server there is a skill point bugged ever since pre-release)

* Leveled Artificier and Tailor to 400 and crafted myself a full Rare/Exotic (orange) gear set, weapons included (with seldom Trading Post aid - stil not working most of the time).

*Finished the story mode and all the instances, including Arah in Explorable mode with a PuG (someone said this was supposed to be a challenge for the months to come?).

* I don't like the PvP in GW2. (WvW is Wintergrasp all over but even more zergy, structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

So, what is left for me to do?

Sure, I've played 5-10 hours a day, but I'm noticing people are already quitting the game, and 10 days after I started playing this mmo what can I do to entertain myself? Because I remember how GW1 got me addicted for months and was so much more challenging and difficult to progress through and achieve your goals. But here it appears I've reached all the goals I'd care for in barely a week.

Mind that I'm not complaining that I didn't get my budget for the price I paid, since I've paid the same for games I've uninstalled in 2-3 days and I've still felt satisfied. But I've come from playing WoW during over six years, and I refuse to believe 10 days is all I'm getting from this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

"Get a life" comments, please abstain. The fact that anyone replies here means they at least care about playing mmo's and voicing their opinions as much as I do. I'd like comprehensive replies as to what can I really look forward to now in Guild Wars 2, anything that a PvE'er like me could find somewhat entertaining other than farming low level hearts in other starting areas. Those are just a disguised form of grind, and a tedious one at that.

This is not a troll post, either. It sounds snarky because I feel deceived, but I'm actually hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing that will make GW2 a long-term source of fun as it was promised to be.

Any way, even if you sucked down the whole MMO in ten days, (though  I doubt it because I there's no way completed all 45 story arcs and leveled all 8-classes to 80) that's your problem.    No developer can protect against irrational, no-life clients.   No developer can please everyone.  

Pretty much this. 

You spot a gw2  troll the moment he writes about Gw2 as "second coming", "new jesus of mmorpg", "revolution of the mmorpg" etc.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Unfortunatly for all the die hard hopefuls this game has no real end game. Which means most the population will be back to WoW in 2 months time. You still get your moneys worth so i guess it doesn't matter but those hoping for the entire genre to change and WoW to die will be sorely disappointed.

+1

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70

Right... there we go with the naysayers and the "this is a troll, he can't have done all that".

Screenshot for proof: http://i45.tinypic.com/357j0gw.jpg

There you can see the level, the armor skin, one of the items of the set (all the items belong to the same set and require 400 Tailor). The staff is Rampager's Pearl Quarterstaff, which is the Exotic 400 Artificier staff, you can look it up in guildhead or GW wiki too, and see the icon is unique so it can't be anything else.

The maps are all completed at 100% - only those I leveled through, I didn't go back through other races low level areas. Had enough tedious grind filling hearts as it is and I'm asking for fun things to do, not more killing X monsters or delivering X bunnies. The overall game exploration is completed at 61%.

I can't prove that I've done explorable mode of dungeons, though.

I can actually prove that the explorable mode of Arah is done, somehow. If you notice in that screenshot, the bottom right corner of the inventory you can see an icon of an item that looks like a monster eye - that's a stack of Shards of Zhaitan, which are soulbound and you can only get in Arah explorable mode as far as I know.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,809

Why is the amount of time he played SUCH a big deal for many people?

You know, its just possible that he was able to achieve all that he did because he made more efficient use of his time. Just because you've been playing since head start and currently only level 30 doesnt mean its not possible.

Also, judging by the "/age, % complete" topic he's not the only one that has put long hours into the game. Which I dont understand is such a bad thing.

This is the long awaited much anticipated Guild Wars 2. Did you really think people would be like "oh yeah, Ive been waiting for GW2 for 5 years, its going to be the best game EVER and its finally here!!! Time to play it for 2 hours a day".

Yeah, not everyone's schedule is going to allow them to play for 10 hours a day but why must you be so hostile to those that do?

• zxcvbnm1234zxcvbnm1234 Member Posts: 92
    If a game wants to continue itself, ithere has to be an open world mmo, mounts, houses, guild castles towers, political system, conquer system. We can see this only in UO and that game died in 2003.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Vorch

I'm PRETTY sure I never needed to party up for ANYTHING in GW1. Ever.

First mainland mission in Factions involved (or, at least, originally did, they may have changed it since for all I know) two teams coming together. Technically you weren't partied with them per se, but in real terms you were. That, and while you could hench it, it was pretty common for the other team to drop if they saw a hench team on the other side.

But otherwise, yeah, you could (and pretty much anyone half decent at the game did) solo anything with henchies, let alone heroes.

Originally posted by Xiaoki

You know, its just possible that he was able to achieve all that he did because he made more efficient use of his time. Just because you've been playing since head start and currently only level 30 doesnt mean its not possible.

Also, judging by the "/age, % complete" topic he's not the only one that has put long hours into the game. Which I dont understand is such a bad thing.

This is the long awaited much anticipated Guild Wars 2. Did you really think people would be like "oh yeah, Ive been waiting for GW2 for 5 years, its going to be the best game EVER and its finally here!!! Time to play it for 2 hours a day".

Yeah, not everyone's schedule is going to allow them to play for 10 hours a day but why must you be so hostile to those that do?

Well because when you claim to have completed 80 level character, all the maps 100%, 32 dungeons, all personal story, 2 crafting professions and tried WvWvW and spvp (since he claims the first is like wintegrasp and the second is broken) in depth.... ALL in 75 hours....

And when you rant about "new Jesus in mmo form".

(all in the OP message)

[mod edit]

Exactly because GW2 is much awaited and anticipated it's absurd to ask for more PVE content when you have rushed through it.[mod edit] It was clear from the start that there won't be the absurd geargrind raids ala WOW to waste people time. GW2 was not meant to be a second job. It's one of the main features of the game! Since it was much awaited you have to know it!

The game is made for casuals with little time to enjoy.

Once you finish the PVE and you don't have an interest in PVP or WvWvW you are supposed to go on and maybe come back for the next update. There is no subscription fee after all ... Arenanet doesn't need cheap tricks like raids to make you waste more time in game.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by papardelios
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Unfortunatly for all the die hard hopefuls this game has no real end game. Which means most the population will be back to WoW in 2 months time. You still get your moneys worth so i guess it doesn't matter but those hoping for the entire genre to change and WoW to die will be sorely disappointed.

+1

You mean people coming from WoW right?

I have no plans of ever going back to that game whatsoever.........

I can understand it though...GW2 is not WoW 2.0 ........

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
    Originally posted by otacu
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Well because when you claim to have completed 80 level character, all the maps 100%, 32 dungeons, all personal story, 2 crafting professions and tried WvWvW and spvp (since he claims the first is like wintegrasp and the second is broken) in depth.... ALL in 75 hours....

And when you rant about "new Jesus in mmo form".

(all in the OP message)

Well i don't know you but i sure can spot a troll when i see it.

Exactly because GW2 is much awaited and anticipated it's absurd to ask for more PVE content when you have rushed through it. That's just trolling. It was clear from the start that there won't be the absurd geargrind raids ala WOW to waste people time. GW2 was not meant to be a second job. It's one of the main features of the game! Since it was much awaited you have to know it!

The game is made for casuals with little time to enjoy.

Once you finish the PVE and you don't have an interest in PVP or WvWvW you are supposed to go on and maybe come back for the next update. There is no subscription fee after all ... Arenanet doesn't need cheap tricks like raids to make you waste more time in game.

trollspammer

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Well, OP, you have just answered yourself. If your overall map exploration is 61% , you have explored a little over half the game.

id suggest:

-Completing the map

-Trying one of the other seven professions

-Trying one of the other craftskills(you can try it on that same character if starting an alt is anathema to you, and you wont lose progression in your old one)

-Trying pvp

-Doing 1-4 above at a leisurely pace, the mayans were probably wrong, there will be a 2013

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by xpiher

I have a feeling GW1 was probably one of your first MMOs, which meant that you were still learning the system. I beat GW1 2-3 weeks every time after a new addition was released. The only reason I kept playing was PvP and trying to make my character look cool. GW2 isn't different in that regard. Not sure why you were expecting more? Of course, once all the bugs are worked out, I'm sure that ANET will release a couple free content updates.

I also think you have rose colored glasses for GW1. The PvP in GW1 was horribly imbalanced. 

I suspect the same, but have yet to read through this whole thread to see whether or not this is correct or close to correct.  Either way, I think it would be helpful for him to reflect back upon whatever his first MMO experience was--or whatever his first engrossing MMO experience was--and ask himself if that same experience would engross him quite as much today. 

I know when I think back upon vanilla WoW, which wasn't my first MMO but it was the first one to truly enthrall me, I certainly do so with fondness.  I ran the hell out of BRD emp runs, UBRS, LBRS, Strat timed runs and Scholo, and then the same with the Dire Maul dungeons when they came out, including tribute runs.  I really couldn't get enough.  Even after I had half T2 when BWL came out, I was still motivated to go through the whole lengthy quest to obtain the upgraded version of dungeon set 1. 

So why bring this up?

Because I can confidently say that if I was presented with this very same content or content of the very same caliber today, it wouldn't hold my attention for even a fraction of the time it did then.  I don't think my capacity to play an MMO for an extended period of time has necessarily diminished, though perhaps it has somewhat; I just think some of the novelty of certain MMO experiences is gone forever, never to return--for example, endless dungeon crawling.  And it just doesn't matter how different the dungeons or combat or gameplay are.  The simple dungeon grind mechanic itself has lost a little luster for me.   

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I'm having a hard time believing you did all the dungeons on explorable successfully...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Homitu

I have a feeling GW1 was probably one of your first MMOs, which meant that you were still learning the system. I beat GW1 2-3 weeks every time after a new addition was released. The only reason I kept playing was PvP and trying to make my character look cool. GW2 isn't different in that regard. Not sure why you were expecting more? Of course, once all the bugs are worked out, I'm sure that ANET will release a couple free content updates.

I also think you have rose colored glasses for GW1. The PvP in GW1 was horribly imbalanced. 

I suspect the same, but have yet to read through this whole thread to see whether or not this is correct or close to correct.  Either way, I think it would be helpful for him to reflect back upon whatever his first MMO experience was--or whatever his first engrossing MMO experience was--and ask himself if that same experience would engross him quite as much today. 

I know when I think back upon vanilla WoW, which wasn't my first MMO but it was the first one to truly enthrall me, I certainly do so with fondness.  I ran the hell out of BRD emp runs, UBRS, LBRS, Strat timed runs and Scholo, and then the same with the Dire Maul dungeons when they came out, including tribute runs.  I really couldn't get enough.  Even after I had half T2 when BWL came out, I was still motivated to go through the whole lengthy quest to obtain the upgraded version of dungeon set 1. 

So why bring this up?

Because I can confidently say that if I was presented with this very same content or content of the very same caliber today, it wouldn't hold my attention for even a fraction of the time it did then.  I don't think my capacity to play an MMO for an extended period of time has necessarily diminished, though perhaps it has somewhat; I just think some of the novelty of certain MMO experiences is gone forever, never to return--for example, endless dungeon crawling.  And it just doesn't matter how different the dungeons or combat or gameplay are.  The simple dungeon grind mechanic itself has lost a little luster for me.   

I think you hit the nail right on the head ....since leaving WOW I've never had any intrest in "having to do " anything .if something is fun I'll do  it but the days of being forced through a tunnel are long gone in my game play

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Homitu

So why bring this up?

I think you hit the nail right on the head ....since leaving WOW I've never had any intrest in "having to do " anything .if something is fun I'll do  it but the days of being forced through a tunnel are long gone in my game play

The thing is that endless dungeon crawling is in GW2 if you want to do it.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

In the 10 days since release, I have:

* Reached level 80

* Completed all the areas I came across to 100%, including Orr ones (except Straits of Devastation which I left at 98% because in my server there is a skill point bugged ever since pre-release)

* Leveled Artificier and Tailor to 400 and crafted myself a full Rare/Exotic (orange) gear set, weapons included (with seldom Trading Post aid - stil not working most of the time).

*Finished the story mode and all the instances, including Arah in Explorable mode with a PuG (someone said this was supposed to be a challenge for the months to come?).

* I don't like the PvP in GW2. (WvW is Wintergrasp all over but even more zergy, structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

So, what is left for me to do?

Sure, I've played 5-10 hours a day, but I'm noticing people are already quitting the game, and 10 days after I started playing this mmo what can I do to entertain myself? Because I remember how GW1 got me addicted for months and was so much more challenging and difficult to progress through and achieve your goals. But here it appears I've reached all the goals I'd care for in barely a week.

Mind that I'm not complaining that I didn't get my budget for the price I paid, since I've paid the same for games I've uninstalled in 2-3 days and I've still felt satisfied. But I've come from playing WoW during over six years, and I refuse to believe 10 days is all I'm getting from this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

"Get a life" comments, please abstain. The fact that anyone replies here means they at least care about playing mmo's and voicing their opinions as much as I do. I'd like comprehensive replies as to what can I really look forward to now in Guild Wars 2, anything that a PvE'er like me could find somewhat entertaining other than farming low level hearts in other starting areas. Those are just a disguised form of grind, and a tedious one at that.

This is not a troll post, either. It sounds snarky because I feel deceived, but I'm actually hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing that will make GW2 a long-term source of fun as it was promised to be.

Did you level possibly up to 4000 levels yet? Whats ur class? depending on ur class you may need to level up to 4k times at the least u need to level 1k times, not kidding, if you heard back in a old video 2 months ago they mentioned legendary weapons these weapons are cosmetic and equally as good as the regular exotic weapons but they have some sort of cosmetic style to it. Look up legendary and get grinding your not done yet. I also reccomend you to play the game a little bit more slower, not to say you don't have a life though, just play slower so you don't get burn't out.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    It does not matter what the activity is if you do it for 10 hours a day for almost 2 weeks your going to suffer from exhaustion. That playstyle says a lot about your lifestyle and let's face it we all know playing video games 10 hours a day is not healthy. Variety is the spice of life, do something else.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/