Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So now what?

Comments

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

I don't know.

GW2 has so little replay value. You are essentially doing the same quests over and over.(DE's) The one redeeming feature is WvW. However with que times getting into WvW with friends isn't always easy. Playing WvW with a pug is slightly less painful than banging your head against the wall. It is hard to say which is more productive.

If you believe Arenanet PR though they will have a whole new game by this time next year with all the content they are going to add. Otherwise it was a decent single player game that was worth the box price even if it charged for inventory space.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Good luck finding anything on the horizon that fills the time like WoW once did.

I don't even understand how WoW filled so much time for people.  

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Good luck OP, your posting history tells me that you didnt like GW2 a single bit.

How could you stand playing a game this much in the last 10 days that you didn´t like and bashed in every other post?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    You could try playing another game.  TSW or perhaps when SWTOR goes f2p if you havent tried them.  Maybe even EVE.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

In the 10 days since release, I have:

* Reached level 80

* Completed all the areas I came across to 100%, including Orr ones (except Straits of Devastation which I left at 98% because in my server there is a skill point bugged ever since pre-release)

* Leveled Artificier and Tailor to 400 and crafted myself a full Rare/Exotic (orange) gear set, weapons included (with seldom Trading Post aid - stil not working most of the time).

*Finished the story mode and all the instances, including Arah in Explorable mode with a PuG (someone said this was supposed to be a challenge for the months to come?).

* I don't like the PvP in GW2. (WvW is Wintergrasp all over but even more zergy, structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

So, what is left for me to do?

Sure, I've played 5-10 hours a day, but I'm noticing people are already quitting the game, and 10 days after I started playing this mmo what can I do to entertain myself? Because I remember how GW1 got me addicted for months and was so much more challenging and difficult to progress through and achieve your goals. But here it appears I've reached all the goals I'd care for in barely a week.

Mind that I'm not complaining that I didn't get my budget for the price I paid, since I've paid the same for games I've uninstalled in 2-3 days and I've still felt satisfied. But I've come from playing WoW during over six years, and I refuse to believe 10 days is all I'm getting from this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

"Get a life" comments, please abstain. The fact that anyone replies here means they at least care about playing mmo's and voicing their opinions as much as I do. I'd like comprehensive replies as to what can I really look forward to now in Guild Wars 2, anything that a PvE'er like me could find somewhat entertaining other than farming low level hearts in other starting areas. Those are just a disguised form of grind, and a tedious one at that.

This is not a troll post, either. It sounds snarky because I feel deceived, but I'm actually hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing that will make GW2 a long-term source of fun as it was promised to be.

I'm not sure you understand the focus of the game. The goal is to explore and play, this isn't a carrot on a stick type of setup. Most of everything is given to you up front so that you can simply play. Look at WvW, you go in as a level 80 regardless of your level. GW1 was similar in some ways, you had NPC's that acted as your party and if you wanted you could even create a PvP character at level cap so you could simply play. 

Achievement grinding isn't really the focus. 

There are plenty of challeneges and content to do. 

GW2 does offer a lonf term source of fun, the problem is you seem to be looking for the prolonged grinding for achievements/gear which isn't whats offered. 

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128

I'll try to explain all best i can with my poor english skill.

Society changes faster than ever, and with this changes our likes changes too. If you remember, there were never ending grinds in everquest... hell levels, and all that crap that makes really hard to reach level 50. Then wow appeared when our need of easy and quick results evolved with the new technologies and new personal / social values.

GW2 is the same model but worst because:

- dont promoves the social relation like everquest or wow since the early of the game... all things happens really fast.

- world is small and predictable

- Spam keys makes it a lost of sense

I think the success model right now is LoL. Quick games, intense games, cool comunity and you can improve your skill with your friends.

I've been a mmorpg player since everquest 1 at 1999, after that i played 4 years wow and since there i've been looking for the GAME: aoc, aion, rift, tera, gw2, vanguard, eq2, etc... only EQ1 and WoW have binded me to the darkness of my room.

So, maybe the day will come but this wont be with gw2, since that day i'll keep playing lol and mass effect series.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

GW2 does offer a lonf term source of fun, the problem is you seem to be looking for the prolonged grinding for achievements/gear which isn't whats offered. 

Have you seen the grinds for cosmetic gear?

I hope not because your statement is so far from the truth.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

and yett the OP have done everything.....not

when Mop will come out iam sure he will play and what u think he will do. grind all dungeon over and over to get his blue piece  to be able to enter the other dungeon but yett he does not do it in gw2 because  he have in mind that this is nothing after that,

when i  will hit 80 iam going to do all dungeon on exploring mode and get all my cosmetic gear . while he have done the game in what 10 days me i will take month to complete even if i play 2-3 hours during week days and 5-6 hours during weekend,

iam level 65 and i have only done 1 dungeon,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• AkaisAkais Member UncommonPosts: 274

* Reached level 80

* Completed all the areas I came across to 100%, including Orr ones (except Straits of Devastation which I left at 98% because in my server there is a skill point bugged ever since pre-release)

* Leveled Artificier and Tailor to 400 and crafted myself a full Rare/Exotic (orange) gear set, weapons included (with seldom Trading Post aid - stil not working most of the time).

*Finished the story mode and all the instances, including Arah in Explorable mode with a PuG (someone said this was supposed to be a challenge for the months to come?).

* I don't like the PvP in GW2. (WvW is Wintergrasp all over but even more zergy, structured PvP is broken and completely off balance in every possible imaginable way).

Sure, I've played 5-10 hours a day, but I'm noticing people are already quitting the game, and 10 days after I started playing this mmo what can I do to entertain myself? Because I remember how GW1 got me addicted for months and was so much more challenging and difficult to progress through and achieve your goals. But here it appears I've reached all the goals I'd care for in barely a week.

Mind that I'm not complaining that I didn't get my budget for the price I paid, since I've paid the same for games I've uninstalled in 2-3 days and I've still felt satisfied. But I've come from playing WoW during over six years, and I refuse to believe 10 days is all I'm getting from this "new Jesus in mmo form". 

"Get a life" comments, please abstain. The fact that anyone replies here means they at least care about playing mmo's and voicing their opinions as much as I do. I'd like comprehensive replies as to what can I really look forward to now in Guild Wars 2, anything that a PvE'er like me could find somewhat entertaining other than farming low level hearts in other starting areas. Those are just a disguised form of grind, and a tedious one at that.

This is not a troll post, either. It sounds snarky because I feel deceived, but I'm actually hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing that will make GW2 a long-term source of fun as it was promised to be.

After looking at your posting history I can surmise you are truly looking for a new MMO home.

I'm really sorry that this game isn't a fit for you at this point.

In truth, I wouldn't expect any one game to be a decent fit for someone of your play habits and definitely wouldn't expect a recently launched game to fit that need.

You have, in essence, asked that a game at it's lowest point in terms of content to impress you with it's amount of content.

It's a losing scenario.

I'd say you need to lower your expectations or find a well fleshed out game that can meet them.

You might consider an older game where levels and assets come much slower like EVE, EQ, AC, AO, FFXI, or  Aion. Or truly any game without instant travel forms, low drops, and a death penalty.

I know most of these games can be grindy and you say that you detest the grind.  Sadly,  you will find no game capable of satisfying  a 40 hour weekly play habit wthout one.

My goal genuinely isn't to flame so please don't take it as such.

TLDR: Lower your expectations. No offense.

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83
    im sorry but ima call bullshit on that 5-10 hours a day. I have 140 hours in the game and im only like 65% done with the zones and i havnt even touched the instances. And its not like i have been reading the quest text or pvping or anything.
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Pictures or it didn't happen. There is no way a human being can do all that withing ten days. 100 hours (assuming you played 10 hours a day every day) would not complete all that, now woul it be healthy at all for the common human. Do you have like a job or school or something?
  • IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    I played whole day out (~14 hr a day) for last two weeks and i'm still not bored. I dont get you, OP. This game offers you so much ways to have fun. If you dont want to use em, your fault :)
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    You definitely played more than 10 hours a day if what you say is true, which I doubt considering your GW2 bashing post history...
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Maybe it's time for a shower and some sleep. And maybe even go outside or at least near a window...
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

If you go into a game (any game, not even just MMO's) with an attitude of blasting through everything, it's really no surprise that you hit the burn-out point very early on.

I have to wonder if you really did all explorable mode dungeons, all jumping puzzles, all crafting etc. If so, I think 5-10 hours is a  huge understatement.

If on top of that you dislike what the game offers as endgame, well, then you've pretty much had it, no use to bore yourself any longer, go off to the next best game.

What do the rest of us thrive on? Social experience, getting further along with your guild and organising events with that group of people, going back to areas, not to "complete" but to experience them little by little and the endgame options of the game.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    more WvW maps need to be added. I am seriously bored. Cant even play alts now. too boring.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

Let me give you an advice OP, games are as fun as you make them to be, every game is going to have some things you dislike what is important is to commit with the things you like and enjoy them, but judging by your post history you only like to focus on the things you don't like.

Example: I hated D3, in my mind it was a stupid treadmill of the same content over and over again, but I had so much fun playing with my friends that at the end those negative thoughts didn't matter to me, I still enjoyed the game and I still think it was worth the 60$.

I am not trying to defend GW2 in anyway, if you didn't like it that is fine, but I bet you are going to try planetside 2 or any other game and you are not going to like it either because you play them as if they were jobs not as video games.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

I'm level 80, done with personal quests as well. However, I know you haven't done every single dungeon in story and explore mode. Also, IDK about you, but I did EVERY zone 100% on my way up to level 80. I'm about halfway done with Orr and I only have 55% total map completion. 

There is plenty still left out there for you. Not to mention some of the gear that looks sweet as hell takes FOREVER to obtain. 

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Crafted orange stuff looks like ass.  Go after the good looking dungeon stuff.

That will take you a while.

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70

Well, first, to all those that have "checked my posting history of  bashing GW2", no offense, but sure you could just take this post as what it is, and spend your time in more profittable ways. I have bashed GW2 because of its bugs made it unplayable for a few days. I fell on the lucky side, my brother-in-law got his account locked for 3 days due to the email authentication system not sending him emails at all. I also detest when something is overhyped, but of course I like the game. I've tired out of repeating that the game is worth the cash I've paid for it even if I went and uninstalled it right now, but I like to be critic with a videogame that created so high expectations, and my mistake perhaps was to believe those expectations. I do the same with every game, even with my "beloved" WoW, which I stopped playing one year ago and I don't see myself playing ever again (not in MoP, definitely).

About the cosmetic grind... this is my character: http://i48.tinypic.com/161gxdx.jpg

Honestly, that aspect looks perfect to me, and I don't know if it can be improved in any way to suit my liking. Don't flame me for it, please, it's my own taste. It doesn't have to be anyone else's.

As I said a few posts ago, I might actually go for the Legendary staff grind, since mine doesn't look so good and I guess that gives me a goal. That's the kind of suggestion I was looking for, and I thank those that mentioned it. Completing all the puzzles sounds like fun too.

I apologize if I'm being overly critic or looking into the game for more than there really is. I tend to form my own opinions about games, but the level of hyping of this game made it nearly impossible to stay isolated and try to not expect much more than what it really ended up being. Which again, is not saying the game is crap. But at this point I don't think it can even compare to GW1 in fun factor, challenge and longevity.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

* Reached level 80

If you did all the content of this game in 10 days.....NO OTHER MMO WILL SATISFY YOU.

GW2 has a hell of a lot of content for a new release. It has extreme quality for a new release too....Sounds as if you need some exersise........Get out of the house, go to work, find a girl friend, go to a movie, join a gym, buy a bike....And if you find any time after all this make an alt in GW2 !

If your that smart, then do something important like brain surgery instead of sitting around playing video games.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    For some reason I'm having a hard time believing you did all that

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Jagarid

Crafted orange stuff looks like ass.  Go after the good looking dungeon stuff.

That will take you a while.

So .. go do a bunch of dungeon gear grinds? If I remember correctly that was one of the things the more rabid fans said wouldn't exist in GW2.

And sorry OP but you bought into possibly the most ultra-casual MMO to date then blew through it like Cassanova through a nunnery, and now find yourself with nothing left you want to do. WTF did you expect exactly?

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Some people will miss "the carrot" no matter what.............

I find it  hard to believe you already did that...i´m playing since headstart & still level 31 only..............

Blowing through content like that is the problem.... but you´ll have the same problem in EVERYGAME.

No game has endless content....not even the ones with Raiding included...

Have you finished explorable modes of the dungeons? Well there you have your "raiding" in GW2...

My advice...take a break some days...come back & reroll a new race.

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229
    5-10 hours a day?  Get help, a job, a girlfriend.......spend that time on an advanced degree.....Fix up your house, car....volunteer at a shelter.......my god man, live outside of your house.....get real friends and say goodbye to imaginary and internet guildies......read a book.....write a symphony ......As far a GW2 is concerned ...your done....congratulations.......We'll see you at the launch of the first expansion........or not.image