Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who would want to see this weapon return?

LatnemurtsniLatnemurtsni Member UncommonPosts: 9
For me, I loved the Dervish in GW and the fact that they wielded a Scythe just made it that much juicer. I hope GW2 someday implements it a Scythe as a weapon. I would love to use it on my Warrior. Any other weopons you guys feel are missing and would be awesome to have?

Comments

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Scythes are cool.

I'd like to see Polearms as well.  Honestly, there are a ton of weapons I want to see.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but here is their current version of a scythe on the necro:

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I was expecting [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker].

But scythes are awesome.  I just wish that the necro (which I made a few hours prior to replying) actually used the god forsaken scythe to cut stuff instead of tossing friggin hands with your....free hand.

Edit :

If you see someone in Jade Quarry linking Thunderfury, its probably me being weirded out by the current chat topic

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Latnemurtsni
    For me, I loved the Dervish in GW and the fact that they wielded a Scythe just made it that much juicer. I hope GW2 someday implements it a Scythe as a weapon. I would love to use it on my Warrior. Any other weopons you guys feel are missing and would be awesome to have?

Never played that expansion but I sure would like to see a return of the class over the weapon.  One of my biggest gripes I have about the game is I dont care all that much for the classes they have now.  There is no true Hybrid Melee/Magic user.  I mean there are some sembalance of them like DW Dagger Ele's (which are a mid range class with no melee skills) a Sword Mesmer (I dont like Illusions and butterflys lol) A Dagger/Dagger Necro (which only has the 1 slot as a true melee ability so that isnt enough) and the Guardian (is more defensive caster, and I want offensive debuffer).

From what I researched on the Wiki the Dervish is the one class I think I would really love, but its still nothing like my WoW Death Knight or my DAoC Thane/Skald/Champion all of which used melee primarily and magic to either debuff, put up DOTS or had magic finishers.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

2hander Axe!!!

2hander melee polearms.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

2hander Axe!!!

2hander melee polearms.

2H axe, agree, but who will use it? Again only warrior and maybe guardian.

Thief with Axe?? Ele??? Necro?????? Engineer o.O... The weapon must be used at least of 2 or even 3 profs. to be acceptable

Maybe if they introduce another prof. in the future. Some heavy armor mage type.

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by mazut

2hander Axe!!!

2hander melee polearms.

Thief with Axe?? Ele??? Necro?????? Engineer o.O... The weapon must be used at least of 2 or even 3 profs. to be acceptable

Maybe if they introduce another prof. in the future. Some heavy armor mage type.

I had heard (maybe just a rumour) that it was confirmed that 2H Axes would be added at some point.

It'd sit fine with necros fine, IMO, because a) they can already use 1H Axes b)  the caster professions sometimes use weapons as a focus for energies more than actually directly hitting the opponent with them (q.v. necro axe, dagger,  mesmer greatsword, ele dagger)

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    id like to see Whips and h2h weapons eventually.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Originally posted by mazut

2hander Axe!!!

2hander melee polearms.

Two-handed Axe would be used by the Warrior, Ranger, and Necromancer.  The former two both can use a greatsword, so I think overall it makes a lot of sense.  These are the three classes that can use a one-handed axe as well.

The Guardian, for whatever reason, can't use an axe.