Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old school player looking for a new game

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737

Ryzom - ALot of the playerbase was not happy about the decision to wipe and start over...I hadn't heard anything that had changed but I havent logged in since this last weekend.....I'll see if I can get any more info as the reversal not to wipe I have not heard about yet.

The post taht is on the forums basically says that the paid accounts keep their levels and stuff....The free accounts can get packs that have varying affects, but most of them still get reset to level 1......Also the date has been changed to Sept 29th.... It seems like a better plan that making everyone go back to level 1.

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126

TSW:

I tried TSW for a month and thought it was decent. They are like trying new stuff like with the investigation quests. It's quite silly, they let you decipher a morse signal for example and there's an ingame browser as a tool for that, and it's google lol!

The combat was like firing a ranged weapon, like a gun at point blank range with very limited snare ability later on so I thought it wasnt pretty or cool:(

You can equip different weapons in either hand giving you more combat options. But after questing to the 2nd area I started to already being bored somehow. There where voiceovers/scenes for 50% of the quests which is nice. Theres not anything like lvls just pure lvling of abilitys with skillpooints earned through combat. 

The graphics wasnt that nice imo. My first thought when I logged in was that the graphics looked old but I guess that was not fair.

TERA:

Then I also tried TERA and I was bored/unsatisfied even sooner than TSW. Combat was action oriented. Classes where trinity based but questing was dull and I mean DULL. Some of the races where a joke and classes was like... Im a warrior because I use swords- Hey there Im a total different class because I only wield a lance... It was the worst game Ive ever bought and the world was unimmersive aswell. 

Well good luck finding a game. I would recomend trying some over again. Like some of the games mentioned in your post. Coz theres alot of true f2p mmorpgs but in my opinion they arent worth a lot.