Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW's launch was FAR worse for the first month, get over yourselves!

13»

Comments

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by sugar4free
    Originally posted by eGumball
    Originally posted by fahadjafar
    the thing is WOW is a 7 year old game. and gw2 is a brand new one. but despite being a new generation game, having all kind of new technology available these days in their disposal, anet is facing the same problem WoW showed 7 years ago when they 1st released. so to many people it is fail. although i am not one of them. i always say "patience is a great virtue". 60$ for a game, 8$ per hour part time job salary, 60/8= 7.5 hrs. so after purchasing the game if you have played at elast 8 hours you got your money back, no point crying and whinning.

So why did Dibalo 3 had launch issues then ?! Your arguments are totally wrong, since Blizzard actually is the company behind WoW and Diablo 3, which means that Blizzard is probably the company that should have learned from their old mistakes. However, why did they ahd issues with their new game ?!

Money ?! .. well, Blizzard is the biggest gaming company in the world right now, so I don´t think that this is the right answer.

assuming diablo 3 = mmorpg  ====> braindead

(then there are ppl who even critized diablo 3not having an "ENDGAME".... ===> hack n' slash with endgame, eh ?

I mean f...k, what weed do you peeps smoke, eh ?  facepalm)

Really interesteing, how you got these words as a comment to my post. Though i never even mentioned the word mmorpg in the whole comment. Otherwise, try to read more about the gaming industry, before commenting ;)

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I'm kind of surprised faded made this thread.  Weren't the problems with GW2's launch ironed out after the first 24 hours?

Are people still complaining about GW2 having a bad launch?  I have yet to see it.

Also: I have to nitpick one thing: When WoW launched, they weren't anticipating more then 250k user, setting their expecations in line with the current user base of MMOs at that time.  The huge, ridiculous amount of growth that occurred after launch was not prepared for.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Here's a new idea.

Let's judge Arena Net and GW2 on the merits on Arena Net and GW2 instead of Blizzard and WoW.  

That would be to sensible 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

As someone who is a ffa sandbox nut I am actually enjoying my time in the game but Jesus some people will let anything slide. The launch and the issues it has recently had/still has are pretty fking piss poor for a AAA launch as far as I am concerned.

WoW may have had a shocking launch, how exactly does that give new games a free pass to also have issues up the wazzinga when they launch? You would have though that perhaps some lessons may have been learned in the industry from every other botched job, seems not to be the case.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by sugar4free
    Originally posted by fahadjafar
    the thing is WOW is a 7 year old game. and gw2 is a brand new one. but despite being a new generation game, having all kind of new technology available these days in their disposal, anet is facing the same problem WoW showed 7 years ago when they 1st released. so to many people it is fail. although i am not one of them. i always say "patience is a great virtue". 60$ for a game, 8$ per hour part time job salary, 60/8= 7.5 hrs. so after purchasing the game if you have played at elast 8 hours you got your money back, no point crying and whinning.

So why did Dibalo 3 had launch issues then ?! Your arguments are totally wrong, since Blizzard actually is the company behind WoW and Diablo 3, which means that Blizzard is probably the company that should have learned from their old mistakes. However, why did they ahd issues with their new game ?!

Money ?! .. well, Blizzard is the biggest gaming company in the world right now, so I don´t think that this is the right answer.

assuming diablo 3 = mmorpg  ====> braindead

(then there are ppl who even critized diablo 3not having an "ENDGAME".... ===> hack n' slash with endgame, eh ?

I mean f...k, what weed do you peeps smoke, eh ?  facepalm)

Really interesteing, how you got these words as a comment to my post. Though i never even mentioned the word mmorpg in the whole comment. Otherwise, try to read more about the gaming industry, before commenting ;)

your diablo 3 comparison is inadequate, mabye just stick to compare 2 mmorpgs instead ( yes yes I know, you are the only person in the universe aware of the fact that diablo 3 had launch issues... *sigh* )

• sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26

you need to compare 2 games of the same caliber, but that's just impossible due to the nature of diversity of today's mmo products.

it's silly to compare launches when we had 56K connections and 250K users with launches involving ADSL 10 M+ and more than 1 million users.

there is no logic in that

it would be more acceptable to compare GW2 (in this case) to GW1 and see what have changed, in bad and for good

for all the rest, I can only redirect you to a more epic and equal confrontation:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyRaxu5QNQ

just play the games you like, all the rest is for mental epeen which imho is bullshit anyways

(aka: there is no best game)

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135

WoW was about 2mo till they started getting better.

Anarchy Online launch was the worst I ever seen. About 4mo after launch they started to get a little hold on it.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Wow had a fucking atrocious eu launch, god knows what us 1 was like