Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why are you not playing Vanguard?

tuppe99tuppe99 Dublin, INPosts: 276Member Uncommon

Installed the game last night and it actually does not look bad at all.

The graphics is not worse that WoW for instance and looking at the Unofficial trailer on youtube that someone on these forums posted the link to, the game looks to be much more like what a lot of people on these forums want.

So, why are you not playing it?

Sometimes I think no game will ever satisfy us MMOers on these forums. Or we all play WoW secretly ;)

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Auburn, INPosts: 988Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tuppe99

Installed the game last night and it actually does not look bad at all.

The graphics is not worse that WoW for instance and looking at the Unofficial trailer on youtube that someone on these forums posted the link to, the game looks to be much more like what a lot of people on these forums want.

So, why are you not playing it?

Sometimes I think no game will ever satisfy us MMOers on these forums. Or we all play WoW secretly ;)

I'm playing but they have some serious issues they need to fix.. Also they are paying attention to the f2p crowd and ignoring the vets that kept the game alive during the pre f2p years.. It's starting to get very annoying.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Some of the restrictions are too harsh for non-subscribers and 9999ms lag.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Auburn, INPosts: 988Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Some of the restrictions are too harsh for non-subscribers and 9999ms lag.

Yeah the lag is killing the raids. People are trying desperately to get a response (any kid of response) from the devs about it.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAPosts: 1,516Member Uncommon

let me find and use anything in game I can find or buy, and I will play your limited trial, and maybe even spend some cash to unlock some other options.  Not even being able to equip a lot of the stuff on the starter island is ridiculous, and made me uninstall

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Columbus, OHPosts: 520Member
    Some of the most lazy clueless devs I have ever seen. Go through the patch notes of the last 7 years and see how little they've done it's quite sad. Then they leave the game with the laggiest servers ever during their big F2P launch promotion. This game only has a chance if much restaffing takes place.
  • ChrisxenonChrisxenon fochabersPosts: 6Member
    No PvP and it feels like the developers gave up on it a long time ago
  • bubalubabubaluba LjubljanaPosts: 434Member
    In fact yes, why to play Vanguard if i have wow :)
  • tuppe99tuppe99 Dublin, INPosts: 276Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    In fact yes, why to play Vanguard if i have wow :)

Watch this video and you will know ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6TrEPSr50

• ResetgunResetgun OuluPosts: 471Member
    Because it is SOE game.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz La Puente, CAPosts: 865Member
    I was going to play it again when it went to free to play, but I get this weird error, administration priveleges pop up. I right click on the Vangaurd Icon and there is no "Run as an administrator" option. Anyway, I just bought TSW and I am enjoying that, I will be playing GW2 pretty soon. (And I am also playing Tropico, a non-MMO RTS)
  • UtukuMoonUtukuMoon ParisPosts: 1,066Member
    I have been playing it,five level 55s over the last 5.6 years.I still havent done all their is to do in the game,just shows how vast Vanguard is.

• CalerxesCalerxes LondonPosts: 1,630Member Uncommon
    I'm not playing because of the fact it doesn't run properly on my comp for some reason that I cannot be arsed to work out, SOE's lame Freemium model and the fact there are about 200 people on Halgar and the game still has the stench of death all over it, I just keep on thinking while playing please just kill it please please please.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• ThillianThillian BratislavaPosts: 3,143Member Uncommon
    It's a beautiful game, my all time favourite. It's not perfect, but there really isn't any alternative for this sort of gameplay.

REALITY CHECK

• ArglebargleArglebargle Austin, TXPosts: 1,413Member Uncommon
    I check in every so often, but found I have completely forgotten how to play my various alts.  Will depend on whether I can get the time to get back in the swing of things.   Did have a technical problem, and CS staff promptly fixed it, so that was a big plus....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• QuirhidQuirhid TamperePosts: 5,969Member Common
    Because its a bad game. You asked. Do I need to specify?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• BiskopBiskop AvalonPosts: 709Member

I'm playing it actually, albeit very casually due to rl being very busy atm.

The game is awesome in many ways and I love just running around exploring the giant, beautiful world, but I'm also struggling with the dated combat system and the heavy emphasis on generic questing. Tab-target combat is a thing of the past imo, as is quest hubs and loads of "kill ten X" quests. Also, the total lack of PvP makes it a lot less interresting than it could have been.

The technical issues don't help either, even though I must say I haven't experienced anything gamebreaking.

As for the ftp business model: I can't see where all the bitching comes from. It's not perfect, but ftp is never perfect and in VG's case it was an emergency solution since the game was almost dead with no pop at all. Now there are more players around and you can experience all content for free, but apparently that's not enough. Some people seem to expect ftp to mean "totally free" which is just stupid.

So what if you can't equip every item, it's not like you can't survive 90% of the game without red/orange gear.

• BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon
    Played a free trial a couple of years back and found absolutely nothing appealing about it. Too many good games competing for my leisure time to spend time giving Vanguard a second chance.
  • fenistilfenistil GliwicePosts: 3,005Member

Because I don't accept f2p / freemium / cash shops in highly immersive complex mmorpg's like Vanguard.

Why I haven't played it when it was p2p? No people + technical and support wise trainwreck. + they had Rmah for some time and I don't accept that as well.

• 7star7star SeoulPosts: 405Member
    Originally posted by tuppe99

I think you may have a good point here.

In my case, I'm not playing Vanguard now because I'm busy with GW2, TSW, and looking forward to checking out MoP.  However, it's great that Vanguard is ftp (or at least free to try, since I've heard there are a lot of restrictions). I'm sure I will be giving it a try, but I want to get a bigger HD first :)

EDIT: regarding restrictions, I think you should be able to equip whatever drops you get. It's better to gate off content than to jerk people around by saying they equip their loots. That  would make me feel disgruntled more likely than inspire me to sub or pay to unlock those items.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Macros 7Posts: 374Member

I dislike the way SOE handle their F2P system.

Either give us Aion style F2P or NOT.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

I think that Vanguard had the potential to be a really good game.

However, the bugs and shortcomings in certain areas broke its neck for me.

ArcheAge seems to be a similar game and I am looking forward to it. Just hope it will not be another bugfest. At least there is OWPvP...

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• AdamantineAdamantine NowherePosts: 3,514Member
    Well, I AM playing it ...
  • curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    Theres no pvp server 
  • bobfishbobfish SouthamptonPosts: 1,688Member
    Because I'm European and SOE has exiled me to another company that doesn't even have the EU version of the game up and running yet :(
  • bongo123bongo123 bolongo, ALPosts: 304Member
    because of its woefully outdated mechanics, hilariously bad character models and bland unoriginal art and design.. oh look i can see miles and miles of generic shite in all directions, its a niche game for a certain type of player.. i aint one of em, i like my games to be fun, look good and play well.. pretty much the opposite of Vanguard, theres a reason this game tanked you know..