Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough is enough.

MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

The forums on this website have been full of nothing but misinformed Gw2 bashing since b4 launch. If you dont like the game, okay, no problem, play another game. If you do, well you're to busy playing to care or you just stop by b4 bed to see whats up like myself. Either way, lets move on. I'm so tired of seeing all these Gw2 bashing threads about how its a trash game an etc etc etc. It's the best Mmorpg out there right now whether you like it or not. So either play it or dont, but can we please keep the threads about something somewhat useful or constructive? "Gw2 is bad" and "This game sucks" are examples of horrible threads that should be deleted. "Gw2 could be improved by X and or Y" are examples of useful threads that *could* be worthy of debate/discussion. If you're mad at the game but you want to spend all your time bashing it rather then playing the game you actually like... well that just proves that the game is good enough that you want to talk about it rather then play another game. Personally I just want to play it, and i'd like to have positive discusssions about the things that are awesome an the things that could be improved. It's a whole lot better then WoW thats for sure. Anywho, thats my wall of text on the subject. TLDR to follow.

TLDR: Stop bashing Gw2. Constructive feedback and discussions would be nice. We all play the same games, we should be united as MMO players, an elite group of the world who is misunderstood an misrepresented. Often because all we do is bicker an "troll" each other. Lets come together..right now.. over me. 

SIDE TOPIC: The dye system. 

There are way to many dyes that are the same general color with a sllllllight shade lighter or darker. On the one hand its cool cuz i like variation, on the other hand its annoying cuz i have to buy 70 different reds in order to have them all. 

Have a wonderful day fellow MMO'ers.

Comments

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

Good initiative. Sadly it's nature of big forums to go this way, so you should propably head  to reddit or something similar for better and more mature discussions.

Side topic: I personally love the fact you have so many slight variations as I:

a) Love collecting novelty stuff like that

b) Can make my character look that much more awesome

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    True! You don't see much constructive thread's regarding the game! They only say : "Game sucks /discuss" ( more or less )! And here I see a very neutral point of view from moderators, which I think they should delete such posts and/or lock them. MMORPG.COM starts more and more to be like a "scandal sheet" ( http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scandal+sheet ) which is pitty , since it still have some good editors and good stories.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I agree, I dont see why everyone needs to make a new thread to say the same thing over and over....every feels they are special and need to start a new thread about why they quit..

But anyways, I am off to collect some mats for crafting , rawr

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    It's obvious you haven't been here very long. TOR got plenty of grief before and after release as has every big game before it. It does suck for you guys more because there is no official forums for you to go to to discuss a variety of stuff about the game. This site is really dominated by a group of people who love trashing what's popular so forget any meaningful discussion beyond whether or not the game sucks.

And this game has only just began. Wait until a few months when the population stabilizes and the next thread zerg is how the game is doomed. These guys are nothing if not consistent.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    It's obvious you haven't been here very long. TOR got plenty of grief before and after release as has every big game before it. It does suck for you guys more because there is no official forums for you to go to to discuss a variety of stuff about the game. This site is really dominated by a group of people who love trashing what's popular so forget any meaningful discussion beyond whether or not the game sucks.

Which is why I can't help but think that there is sone concerted effort by some trolls to try to take everyone new games down, whenever a new and decent game comes out that didn't booched the launch.

That is, every game that is not WoW.

It is very hard to believe that a game can be really so hated before people has even had a chance to play it fully. So none of those opinions sounds real to me.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

I am just gonna reply to the dye topic as that's actually more interesting.

So far i've collected like 5 or 6 types of brown and pink .... But i have to say i love it, mixing those different browns in 1 set with like an orange side color makes you look sexy as hell :)

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

I am not bashing the game, I love the game, its beautiful and well fleshed out.

I am bashing the piss poor customer service.

I am bashing the FACT even though they knew thier pre-sales numbers, knew how popular and hyped the game was, they decided NOT to employee enough support to deal with it, they chose NOT to provide enough hardware to adequetly carry the load demand.

I am bashing the FACT they make poor decisions such as giving auction house to 15% then 25% then 50%.... EVERYONE bought the same game paid the same price, should have access to exactly the same features.

Frankly Im bashing the business of GW2.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh

I am just gonna reply to the dye topic as that's actually more interesting.

So far i've collected like 5 or 6 types of brown and pink .... But i have to say i love it, mixing those different browns in 1 set with like an orange side color makes you look sexy as hell :)

HATE the pinks but am totally with you on the browns with orange flairs.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Sorrow

I am bashing the FACT even though they knew thier pre-sales numbers, knew how popular and hyped the game was, they decided NOT to employee enough support to deal with it, they chose NOT to provide enough hardware to adequetly carry the load demand.

I am bashing the FACT they make poor decisions such as giving auction house to 15% then 25% then 50%.... EVERYONE bought the same game paid the same price, should have access to exactly the same features.

exactly Sorrow, I have been sitting on the sidelines since Friday, without a single response

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Myrdynn
    Originally posted by Sorrow

exactly Sorrow, I have been sitting on the sidelines since Friday, without a single response

Guys, you have no clue how the real world works.  You have to priotirize things, or your company will fail. We all know that in a few weeks when things have normalised these will be things of the past.  

And actually customiser service is much better then other games, because their experiences actually lead to improvements in the game.  

You have no clue about the costs of hiring extra peopel our outsourcing customer support. So far no game ever has been appraised before their great customer support. Because when you need that service, people most of the time are allready angry about something. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Op, you ask for constructive, useful posts about GW2 and then turn around and say "its the best mmo out there whether you like it or not".Youre throwing fuel on the very flames that your trying to put out.
  • DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Maelzrael

The forums on this website have been full of nothing but misinformed Gw2 bashing since b4 launch. If you dont like the game, okay, no problem, play another game. If you do, well you're to busy playing to care or you just stop by b4 bed to see whats up like myself. Either way, lets move on. I'm so tired of seeing all these Gw2 bashing threads about how its a trash game an etc etc etc. It's the best Mmorpg out there right now whether you like it or not. So either play it or dont, but can we please keep the threads about something somewhat useful or constructive? "Gw2 is bad" and "This game sucks" are examples of horrible threads that should be deleted. "Gw2 could be improved by X and or Y" are examples of useful threads that *could* be worthy of debate/discussion. If you're mad at the game but you want to spend all your time bashing it rather then playing the game you actually like... well that just proves that the game is good enough that you want to talk about it rather then play another game. Personally I just want to play it, and i'd like to have positive discusssions about the things that are awesome an the things that could be improved. It's a whole lot better then WoW thats for sure. Anywho, thats my wall of text on the subject. TLDR to follow.

TLDR: Stop bashing Gw2. Constructive feedback and discussions would be nice. We all play the same games, we should be united as MMO players, an elite group of the world who is misunderstood an misrepresented. Often because all we do is bicker an "troll" each other. Lets come together..right now.. over me. 

There are way to many dyes that are the same general color with a sllllllight shade lighter or darker. On the one hand its cool cuz i like variation, on the other hand its annoying cuz i have to buy 70 different reds in order to have them all. 

You complain about people bashing GW2 but it's perfectly ok for you to bash WoW at the end of your thread.

Playing the role of the victim  doesn't suit you well.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Another troll thread.

• PuraimaruPuraimaru Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Maelzrael

I know right! Currently there are over 384 known Dyes! D:

This discussion has been closed.