Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2: Nov 13th expansion, Chains of Eternity

2»

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

interview w more info - tradeskill love and solo versions of the new heroic instances

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/24/soe-live-2012-everquest-ii-interviews-highlight-focus-on-crafti/

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Tamanous
    Originally posted by Keylogger   Originally posted by Tutu2 The expansion sounds pretty meh so far. I'll personally be more excited if they ever update their game engine. 
      The game would see a large, new surge of life given a proper render.  
    I can't see them wasting time on it. At most perhaps improvements to certain textures (typically landscapes is the biggest bang for the buck without major engine improvements).

They are likely starting to put a large investment into Everquest Next and the Forge Light engine. With SOE putting so much emphasis on sandbox elements lately I would guess that is something we may see more of. Either incorporated into an existing IP or a new one. If they are smart they will expand EQ2 into a more true mmorpg. If they are stupid it will be EQ2 with better graphics.

No it'll never be fixed, I know that.

Every now and then I get bored and go back, thinking I'll get into it again but as soon as I login the engine starts chugging, shits the bed and I just can't stand it anymore.

http://eq2wire.com/2012/10/29/everquest-ii-chains-of-eternity-ce-items-aod-and-soe-live/

Our CoE Collector’s Edition mercs (Templar & Paladin) are significantly “better” than the mercs in Freeport and Qeynos, but cost the same.

Chains of Eternity includes Destiny of Velious.

Age of Discovery will be sold separately.