Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Probably the worst Customer Service of all-time

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

ticket open since last Friday, still no response what-so-ever, I thought this was supposed to be a AAA game, my ass.  I got "Permabanned, hacked" after playing a grand total of 10 hrs in game, and although I was enjoying myself suprisingly, quite a bit, I am completely irritatted at the lack of customer service that Arenanet provides.  It is completely unacceptable.  FWIW I dont need to hear how oh its my fault for getting hacked crap either, I use a completely unique password for my email and every gaming account I have ever made.   And quite frankly I dont care that I got hacked/banned for protective reasoning, all I care about is hearing 1 fricking reply from this horrible company.   Hacking happens, not an issue.  Zero response, HUGE ISSUE.  And from the forums I am not the only one.  It is quite a huge occurance.

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Yes, they were nowhere prepared for the load that they received. They are indeed to be blamed for that, but from a pragmatic view there is not much they can do currently other than giving refunds and "apology letters" while trying to improve current systems. 
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    They put out a post on how to respond to them regarding these hacked accounts, and also stated recently that they've taken care of all the tickets for that time period... it's possible you didnt' submit the ticket right and get it prioritized to the top of the pile. There's a link about if someone has it handy...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

well since you appear to be proliferating your message all over the place Ill copy the same thing I posted to you originally:

"lol, this is such a myth. No big company has ever had great customer service. Its a matter of perspective, you get a good customer service exp its great! you get a bad one its horrilbe and everyone is getting screwed."

Don't worry though I would be pissed off as hell too. Its human nature.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

You buy a car, its yours. But when it breaks down, the manufacturer doesnt pay your mechanic.

Same with GW2, you bought it, then everything else after that is your problem.

Customer support in this game is non-existant!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • cointermcointerm Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Volkon
     There's a link about if someone has it handy...

http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9212

We have now completed prioritized requests submitted prior to Sunday, September 2. If you have an older ticket for a hacked account or blocking login issue that has not been completed, that means it's not correctly prioritized. Submit a new ticket using the above instructions, and in the title write, "Blocking Login - Ticket submitted <date> - Ticket number xxxxxx-xxxxxx" (fill in the date and ticket number of your existing ticket), and we will prioritize your existing ticket.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Volkon
    They put out a post on how to respond to them regarding these hacked accounts, and also stated recently that they've taken care of all the tickets for that time period... it's possible you didnt' submit the ticket right and get it prioritized to the top of the pile. There's a link about if someone has it handy...

oh that would be nice, I never saw that, my time is very limited, as a matter of fact I only get to play on tues/weds normally, I tried to log in last friday during the day to get all my patches done and make another char, only to find out I was banned.  I didnt think it was that big of an issue, since I figured it would be fixed by tuesday so I could play.

Their support on the GW2 site is god awful hard to figure out if I followed the right steps to submit a ticket as well

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Kuppa

well since you appear to be proliferating your message all over the place Ill copy the same thing I posted to you originally:

"lol, this is such a myth. No big company has ever had great customer service. Its a matter of perspective, you get a good customer service exp its great! you get a bad one its horrilbe and everyone is getting screwed."

Don't worry though I would be pissed off as hell too. Its human nature.

I think this is the problem with using so many unconventional methods of communication to their users. Not many games use a Wiki page to update the community on what's going on. They really need to get their forums up and running so people are less likely to miss this stuff.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Worst Customers support ever ?  If i'm counting right, you have waited 1 working day !    Supposed you openned the ticket on friday, that's not full working day so i'm not counting it.  This weeked was the labor day weekeed,  so yesterday (tuesday) was your 1st full working day since you opened the ticket.   Man worst support ever they dont answer in 24 hours.
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    Worst Customers support ever ?  If i'm counting right, you have waited 1 working day !    Supposed you openned the ticket on friday, that's not full working day so i'm not counting it.  This weeked was the labor day weekeed,  so yesterday (tuesday) was your 1st full working day since you opened the ticket.   Man worst support ever they dont answer in 24 hours.

FWIW, every MMO I have played doesnt only operate their customer service on a 9-5 Est M-F work schedule

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

I totally agree, definitely not the best customer service out there, no phone number to call, no ingame support, no forums, i mean come on... I haven't had an issue myself but I can sympathize.

Edit: I guess they added a tech support forums recently.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

I tried to call them up to just chat, welcome them to the community and say, 'hello'.

They wouldn't answer and haven't returned any of my calls.

that is JUST rude!

SZ

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

You buy a car, its yours. But when it breaks down, the manufacturer doesnt pay your mechanic.

Same with GW2, you bought it, then everything else after that is your problem.

Customer support in this game is non-existant!

+1

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344
    This is what you get when you play a mmo without subscription fees. What's your recourse if they provide you with horrible customer service? You gonna cancel your sub? Vow not to buy their expansion that may or may not happen 2 years from now? lol
  • AtibraAtibra Member Posts: 65

The problem is that their support is structured so that each ticket has to touch an agent.  So, since currently they are dealing with massive volumes of support incidents - the agents are taking an extremely long time to get to each ticket (i.e. they are understaffed).  When an agent DOES get to a ticket, in an attempt to clean out the queues quickly they are just copy/pasting canned/template responses.

I posted on Reddit outlining how Arena Net could resolve this problem - allowing them to still address FAQ questions, getting template responses back to customers within 1-2 hours, and freeing up agent time so they can actually focus on resolving issues instead of spamming canned responses.

Here's the post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zcj2k/arenanet_tips_to_improve_your_support_operations/

I'll assume since the support agents watch Reddit, they are the ones downvoting my suggestion - as if Arena Net were to implement that process, support costs would decrease and they wouldn't need as many agents.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Myrdynn
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972

FWIW, every MMO I have played doesnt only operate their customer service on a 9-5 Est M-F work schedule

Yeah, most operate on pacific time

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Worst customers of all time holololol
  • eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

I have to agree with the op on this one. First I really like GW2. However the CS sucks! I have had an open ticket since Friday of early entry almost two weeks. I had two problems one big one one minor neither addressed. The big one had to do with not being able to confirm e-mail address to get into game. That was 48 hours of trying to get an answer. I did get a phone number to their headquarters but that was the worst totally automated and finally said submit a ticket. Well I was unable to because you needed to log into your account to do it but they locked my account due to the fact I could not verify my e-mail. When I did try to verify it said "success" access denied. I figured I would never get into the game it was a never ending circle. after missing almost two days of play. I am a college professor and I have trouble using Moodle for my online classes with Internet Explorer. So I tried logging in GW2 again instead I used Firefox to verify e-mail and it worked. I posted the solution here so others could get in. NCsoft posted that they had issues with IE however you had to log into your account to see their comment. Now I am back in game and having fun but I was close to quiting after 2 days of not being play. I left the ticket to see when they would respond that is over a week now. No live chat, no ticket answers, no phone support, you are on your own with GW2. 

A great example of CS is Trion! 24/7 phone support. I never waited more then a minute and for me as a north american customer it is nice to have an actual american answering the phone. I have called them a few times over this year and always get the answer needed and a thank you for being a customer. NCsoft/arenanet could learn a thing or two from Trion. My rating for GW2 a 9.5 for game a 0 for customer support.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

That is rather unfortunate. :(

Hope you get it straightened out soon. Have to admit I'm seeing quite a bit of rumblings about their CS. Honestly it seems to me they may be understaffed. Just my opinion...

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• RockhideRockhide Member Posts: 155

I put in a ticket on the first Saturday of early access and it took until Friday to get a response.  That response did not address this issue, only said they would look into it.  I have not heard back from them since then.

It had nothing to do with a hacked account.  It was about Deluxe Edition items.

The support system is cumbersome and inconvenient and while my issue is not exactly "high priority," what looks like it may very well be two weeks or more to "get around" to it is SLOW by any measure, even for a launch.  Everyone here would say the same had it been another company running another game (deny it if you wish but we all know what the deal is here).  

"Slow", "inconvenient", and "cumbersome" and "worst" are by no means synonymous, but this is an area that is not functioning efficiently and could use some attention from ANet IMO.

ETA:

Update: The issue was satisfactorally resolved on Thursday, September 6.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

as i posted elsewhere - it has been poor but ANET is trying to improve

from sunday update

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates/Archive_1

We're aggressively ramping up our customer support team, with 28 new support representatives starting today and more coming online in the next few days, to provide the fast response times our customers expect.

from yesterdays (tuesday) interview

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/04/arenanets-regina-buenaobra-on-guild-wars-2-reddit-and-communi/

Why were first-party sales of the game halted? Can we take that as a sign that the game is selling a little too well for comfort, given the game's current troubles, or does the team simply want to prevent new players from getting caught up in email delays on registration? How soon might we see sales resume?

Demand for Guild Wars 2 has been well beyond our expectations, and in order to maintain a playable and enjoyable game experience for all of our fans we made the decision to temporarily halt first-party sales while we scale up our capacity and customer support to meet this demand. From the very beginning, we have intended Guild Wars 2 to be a successful game in the long run. Slamming our servers with new players in the name of sales, adversely affecting the entirety of our playerbase, does not fit into that plan. Guild Wars 2 needs to always be an enjoyable, accessible game, and we will do everything within our means to do so.

well cool, I am still waiting, no email, no response nothing

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

Dunno

Worst Customer support Imo will have to go to PWI

Best would go to Turbine ( both ingame and offline support .. Had good experience with TSW ingame support as well )

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Isn't it amazing that you can take the time to post incessantly on forums, but you cant take the time to find a solution?

I went directly to Guild Wars 2 support site and found the solution to your problem in less than a minute.

1. Go to support site
    2. Search for "hacked account"
    3. Read
    4. Done

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ea has to worst support.
    Number of cheats and exploiters I reported in war that were still at months later
  • tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

That's what you get with B2P.

NCSoft boasted that they ran the support on GW2 for 80% less cost than their subscription based games like L2. No GMs, no phone support and a trimmed down email support crew.