Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dont' think I think like I once thought, I think...

13»

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by vesuvias

This is a saner debate than I first thought. Your last paragraph baffles me. GW2 is the most inclusive MMO I have ever played. If you love playing with others you should love GW2. I think you're missing the forest because of the tress. It has dawned on me that you might have a misconception as to the design objective of GW2. 

The entire game is built around a central competitive concept but it's not individualized, it is entirely team based. Your server is fighting 2 other servers. Everyone around you in PvE is ON YOUR TEAM! The reason for the mechanics is to encourage team commitment, not foster some form of nanny state. The "enemy" is over ---> there on the other side of the mists. You can still get glory on an individual level but the game is a team game. Its about your server winning. Everything in the game supports this concept. 

The competition is there is spades, it's just not about you.. its about your team.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to attempt to use your (very good) post to nudge the thread back on topic.

This is entirely what I was talking about, how people (well, myself at least) are beginning to look at things in the game differently from the way they're used to looking at things in MMOs. Just that one line in green... "Everyone around you in PvE is on your team!", is a perfect example. I see people, I know it's a good thing, not competition to my play.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

you do wait for an eternity for a customer service response, I remember when AAA companies had customer service, it was good times

lol, this is such a myth. No big company has ever had great customer service. Its a matter of perspective, you get a good customer service exp its great! you get a bad one its horrilbe and everyone is getting screwed.

No company has ever been great, this much is true.  Some of them are adequate. After the game's opening twitches. 

Vanilla WoW, at one time, measured ticket response in weeks too.

But 'someone else is terrible too' isn't any excuse.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by jayheld90
    Originally posted by Four0Six

you do wait for an eternity for a customer service response, I remember when AAA companies had customer service, it was good times

lol, this is such a myth. No big company has ever had great customer service. Its a matter of perspective, you get a good customer service exp its great! you get a bad one its horrilbe and everyone is getting screwed.

It is not a myth.

FunCom, has solved 3 tickets of mine in TSW. ALl within 10 minutes of generating the ticket.

same here, though it was many more than three. they solved it without giving me some canned response. a gm would show up next to me and talk to me. reminded me of the days of eq1.

really got to think of volume of players.. how many does TSW have? have many does GW2 have? I remember having several issues in swtor and just got their canned droid response.. but at the time it was a week from launch game had a TON of people playing.. more people playing more issues will arise and the longer it will take for customer support to get to you.. not really hard concept

Exactly, GW2 had more players playing at once than the entire TSW population. Having to fix problems for a bigger population is always going to be harder.

Originally posted by coretex666

May I suggest that you try to play some game made by Blizzard? You may eventually need to contact their customer support which would probably change your opinion on this.

Depends on your standards of course.

Read my post, my point is that people talk in matter of perspective. They don't really know how good or bad the service is overall, they can only speak for their own experience and maybe some others they read. In reality, its hard(almost impossible) for a big company with great number of customers to have a great customer service.

Originally posted by Slampig

Is that a fact? I have had great CS from SOE and Blizzard to name a few. Apple has always had really good support as well. These are all from my experience, too bad you have had such bad help in the past, it is just goofey to make that general of a statement when you know it isn't the case for everyone. As far as ArenaNet goes, they wouldn't have to have this stellar support if people we not having so many problems, Myrdynn makes total sense.

Its not a fact, but its pretty easy to see how it can be true. Sure, they will give some customers their satisfaction and customer satisfaction is a matter of perspective. But these big companies have way to many people to be really good at it. Not to many of these companies put too much money into this department either. The best way to know is via polls, I don't know that I have seen a gaming customer service poll but you see those all the time for other industries.

Originally posted by Icewhite

No company has ever been great, this much is true.  Some of them are adequate. After the game's opening twitches. 

Vanilla WoW, at one time, measured ticket response in weeks too.

But 'someone else is terrible too' isn't any excuse.

Im not making any excuses, Im debunking his "I remember when AAA companies had customer service" myth..