Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible Easter Egg?

KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Okay so in BloodTide Coast

Theres a pirate cave called Moriarity's Hold Inside this cave theres a guy called Captain Penzan,  Now I'm not too sure but the guy starts to sing alittle song about being a Major General and the way he sings it totally sounds like.

The Pirate Movie - Modern Major General

Thought it was pretty cool if they are related.

Nothing major though! something to think about.

Comments

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    idk..only easter egg i found so far is the mission "cant stop the signal"which pays homage to firefly:serenity ...amazing series btw short lived :(
  • DrWookieDrWookie Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Just so you know....that song is from Pirates of Penzance, a comic opera by Gilbert and Sullivan. I have no idea what the pirate movie is, but it most surely does not originate from it. Its from the late 19th century.
  • TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264
    I noticed Captain Penzan too. The bookcarts in Divinity's Reach are full of pop culture references. The first one I clicked on mentioned something about a giant turtle, an obvious Discworld reference.
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    You mean you haven't found the Alice in Wonderland type heart quest in the Sylvari starting zone?  Or the Goonies hidden jump puzzle in..I forget the zone, hilrathi possibly.  Also, a nod to the Wizard of Oz  over there in Timberline Falls.  I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.  
  • MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

The whole sylvari starting zone, a lot of their early story, and a heart are totally a homage to Plants Vs. Zombies.

I mean you're plants.  Putting down plant turrets.  To fight waves of incoming zombies. :T

• That's pretty clearly a reference to the Pirates of Penzance musical.
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

There is a pirate that sings 16 men and a dead man's chest from Robert Louie Stevenson's Treasure Island during one of the story Quests. There are also a few Alice and Wonderland, Snow White and - I've been told a few other Grimm fairy tale references.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
    Anyone notice the Asura bots who start humming daft punk. Funny as hell!