Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems like the game has peaked on XFire - GW2 edition

124»

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by sr7olsniper

Yeah the logic is really bogus with the GW2 crowd. Basically "all hail X-fire" when it benefits them, but when it is used against them "X-fire is not accurate" . Gotta love the double standards 

Not really

I find it pretty stupid and useless in both cases

It's not perfect, but I think it has some merit...you just have to take it for what it is.  A pretty badly sampled portion of the gaming population.  It's basically better than just randomly guessing about things, but you can't really draw any conclusions from just a bit of data in it because of its imperfections.

Still, I think that XFire does tend to reflect LARGE gaming trends, it's just not very useful for minor trends because of its issues.

To show a trend over a long period of time...yeah I agree. In the instance he linked to and this topic?  Not really worth anything except amusing me while I'm stuck at work.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ManifoldManifold Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

http://beta.xfire.com/games/lol

League of Legends:

3 days ago: 136K hours.

2 days ago: 128K hours

1 day ago: 118K hours

http://beta.xfire.com/games/cod4

Call of Duty 4

3 days ago: 82K hours.

2 days ago: 72K hours

1 day ago: 67K hours

http://beta.xfire.com/games/wow

WoW

3 days ago: 25K hours.

2 days ago: 22K hours

1 day ago: 20K hours

http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor

3 days ago: 6K hours.

2 days ago: 5K hours

1 day ago: 4K hours

Weekend and August finished?

Yea this thread is made of fail. Its the end of Labor Day weekend. 3 day weekend in the US we all gots to go back to work now :(

WildStar is like if Ratchet and Clank had a baby with Beyond Good & Evil and that baby was raised by World of Warcraft and Spore and babysat on the weekends by the aliens from Space Jam. It's an ugly bastard worth a few laughs but not much else.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    OMG!  The holiday weekend ended, school started, and the XFire numbers are down!  Stop the presses :)!

the game is doomed........yes doomed I say LOL

I miss DAoC

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    2 days is a trend? If that "trend" continues then GW2 will be dead by the end of the month. I doubt that will be the case. It could go further down, it probably will eventually, but that two day trend won't keep up. It just can't.

imageimage
  • Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    HEATHEN! PHILLISTINES!!! How DARE you?

All negative indicators like Xfire or reviews or anything else are rules reserved for flawed mortals like SWTOR or even WoW. Trying to apply those type of parameters on GW2 is like trying to fit the concept of God within the parameters of physics! Deities operate by transcendent and mysterious means beyond the comprehension of our minds or logic.

Unless the indicator or review is positive. Then of course it applies. Because that's the beauty of superseding mortal parameters, they can only apply in a positive direction. That's basic gaming metaphysics.

Now to atone for your sin of doubt and BLATANT misinformation go spend no less than $20 at the Lion Trading Co. over the course of a week.

And bring me a twinky.

In ANet we trust. A-Men.
  • slingblade25slingblade25 Member Posts: 33

what is this Xfire you speak of?

But seriously, I ask my guildies if anyone uses xfire and not a single one has it installed. What type of gamer uses that program anyway?

• crewthiefcrewthief Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

93k hours 3 days ago

81k hours 2 days ago

73k hours yesterday

It will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

3 days ago, it was Sunday, 2 days ago, was Monday, 1 day ago, was Tuesday. I think I know what's happening...alot of people at work??? Seems obvious to me, but then, I have a job.

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    1/10 in the troll department.
  • KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    I approve of this thread. It certainly has been an accurate tool in mapping the decline of SWTOR. It certainly should suffice as a trending record of GW2's success story.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

93k hours 3 days ago

81k hours 2 days ago

73k hours yesterday

It will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

3 days ago - weekend

2 days ago - holiday

yesterday - normal day with everyone back to work school

Today - complete and utter lack of common sense in attempts to troll. well to be fair, i guess thats every day.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

In addition to all the other stuff that's missing from XFire, it doesn't track unique users, only concurrent users. If user A logs in on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while user B logs in on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, it will look like 1 user, not 2. What's more important, the number of concurrent users or the total number of unique users? We don't know because we don't have the numbers to see the difference.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    I notice the OP failed to notice that on August 21 which was a Tuesday WoW had 43511 hours, on Tuesday the 28th it dropped to 35806, and of last Tuesday it was at  20078. That is a drop of over 50% comparing Tuesday 2 weeks ago to yesterday. Wonder where all those gamers are now, oops wait I just remembered. Same amount of people stil playing WoW just all of them decided to delete XFire...yeah yeah that's the ticket

I miss DAoC

• crewthiefcrewthief Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by Reas43
    HEATHEN! PHILLISTINES!!! How DARE you? All negative indicators like Xfire or reviews or anything else are rules reserved for flawed mortals like SWTOR or even WoW. Trying to apply those type of parameters on GW2 is like trying to fit the concept of God within the parameters of physics! Deities operate by transcendent and mysterious means beyond the comprehension of our minds or logic. Unless the indicator or review is positive. Then of course it applies. Because that's the beauty of superseding mortal parameters, they can only apply in a positive direction. That's basic gaming metaphysics. Now to atone for your sin of doubt and BLATANT misinformation go spend no less than $20 at the Lion Trading Co. over the course of a week. And bring me a twinky. In ANet we trust. A-Men.

TLDR; Abandon common sense if you don't want to look like you're a fanboi.

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Honestly, nothing good came of the SWTOR thread of the same name and nothing good is looking to come from this thread either. Going to nip this one in the bud.
This discussion has been closed.