Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Anybody else getting bored?

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,553Member Uncommon

Probably just hitting GW2 burnout - but not feeling any aspect of GW2 lately - even WvW is feeling uninspiring to me. I am stting at 75 and no will to even get to 80. Crafting is boring and sort of a deja vu from countless other MMOs I've played. PvE I feel I am just completely fed up with - can't stand to do another DE.

I think I need a break - maybe I'll load up Vanguard - had a max toon there years ago and a mid 30s shammy that was fun.

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 LA, CA, CAPosts: 1,360Member
    yes, but I'm coming back for more. Just need a few days break to get settled in and get back to living normal life.
  • sonoggisonoggi tdot, ONPosts: 1,119Member
    youre at 75 a week after release. thats your problem lol. step away from the computer. 
  • DivonaDivona WellingtonPosts: 175Member

Sound like burn out, and that's perfectly fine. As the dev said, with no subscribtion fee, you're free to go and play other games and come back to Guild Wars 2 when you feel like it.

Looking forward to Halloween event. Would Mad King Thorn come back to haunt Tyria? What would he have to make Human, Charr, Asura, and Salvari scream in terror? :)

• teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member
    Originally posted by DMKano

Probably just hitting GW2 burnout - but not feeling any aspect of GW2 lately - even WvW is feeling uninspiring to me. I am stting at 75 and no will to even get to 80. Crafting is boring and sort of a deja vu from countless other MMOs I've played. PvE I feel I am just completely fed up with - can't stand to do another DE.

I think I need a break - maybe I'll load up Vanguard - had a max toon there years ago and a mid 30s shammy that was fun.

Im sure there are thousands like you.  But hey, the game isnt for everyone.  I could point out why I think the PvE is amazing, why i enjoy the crafting system, and so on, but thats me, not you.  I havent even touched WvWvW because there is so much stuff I want to see and do first.  There are many, many people like me.  Just as you aren't alone either.  Best of luck finding what you want in VG, you could do a lot worse than that game.

• Jeff7477Jeff7477 Lincoln, NEPosts: 35Member
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    youre at 75 a week after release. thats your problem lol. step away from the computer. 

Week and a half, leveling is easy as crap in this game, and yes it is getting boring. 

You can only do the same 10 types of quests so many times before it gets tiring. 

"But i'm only level 22 with 56 hours played" (generalization from many people here)

and thats why you haven't burned out yet.

• BrixonBrixon Myrtle Beach, SCPosts: 259Member

Nope, having a good time so far, but I'm not rushing to the end game. If you want something different from WoW you have to quit going back to it after every game comes out .

• observerobserver Houston, TXPosts: 3,009Member Uncommon
    A little, but that's because i played all the BWEs and Stress Tests.  I'm only lvl 36 warrior too, and that class is starting to bore me.  I might level a necro instead.
  • AconsarAconsar Narvon, PAPosts: 262Member

I find myself unable to will myself to log in anymore.  I've managed to get up to level 28 and I just can't find any more enjoyment out of it.  I just find it so shallow and boring, but at first it was insanely fun.

I don't know what it is, it's just insanely repetitive.

• jackwu10jackwu10 JHBPosts: 127Member

i am lvl35, played 4 maps so far. ye.. i am just starting to "doubt" about this game.. last night i logged on but only played for 30min, then logged off, i need some motivations..

before i totally burnt out of the game, at least i want to visit all places that was shown in some gw2 artworks.

• mysticalspammysticalspam prairieville, LAPosts: 64Member

i been playing for 2 days... finaly made level 8,  still have no FN clue whats going on in this game.....

i play for hour .. go in some instance, cut scene... then some random npc following me wipes everything out.... cut scene.... then go back to pve zerg fest... no one talks... no social interaction....   /log out.... fun times

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

yeah, Im getting burnt out a little bit.

(kinda wish there was a master plot)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SirBalinSirBalin Joppa, MDPosts: 1,150Member Uncommon
    Oh yea, this one fell very short...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Chase187666Chase187666 Caledonia, ONPosts: 138Member
    Originally posted by Divona

Sound like burn out, and that's perfectly fine. As the dev said, with no subscribtion fee, you're free to go and play other games and come back to Guild Wars 2 when you feel like it.

Looking forward to Halloween event. Would Mad King Thorn come back to haunt Tyria? What would he have to make Human, Charr, Asura, and Salvari scream in terror? :)

Ooooo, you just got me excited and gave me shivers! I hadnt even thought about Halloween events :D

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Nitth
    yeah, Im getting burnt out a little bit.(kinda wish there was a master plot)

Isnt there supposed to be a giant dragon made out of smaller dragons or somethin?

• itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member
    nope but then again my highest character is level 30 not 75 so that's got to be the issue. The only and i repeat only time we hear of people getting bored is when they've rushed to max level without touching 70% of the rest of the game.
  • RecoreRecore Posts: 5,097Member Uncommon
    I understand everything the op said. Same thing happend to me and its happening to alot people. I got 1 toon to level 20 started getting bored so I figured maybe its just my class so rerolled to a elementist and got it to about level 17 before I got completly bored and gave up. It was not my class but the game it self was just a boring game.
    Raptr Gamercard
  • Thornz2000Thornz2000 faraway, AKPosts: 135Member

I'm not board at all.

Having a issue with playing just one profession since they are all fun to me.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Posts: 203Member Uncommon

Not bored at all....ive tried all the latest AAA and quit after 2 weeks.....Best game I ever played....and probably the best ill play for the next 5 years or so

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,924Member Uncommon

I think the issue here, the main reason why it becomes boring is how they have stuff set up. You basically are given your entire skill kit right off and its the same thin all the way through. It causes the experience to become boring as you really don't feel like your progressing all that much and the experience isn't so enchanting to keep you locked in like other games where progression feels like it actually does something.

Reaching 80 I actually feel no real desire to play my character much. Playing a mesmer now I wanted to make and I'm remebering just what bored me before and trudgingh along. This is coming from someone who no lifes and can enjoy other MMos like rift non stop. Not typically a good sign. I like it but I get so bored so quick.

• CastillleCastillle KhobarPosts: 2,703Member Uncommon
    Im bored because I cant friggin sleep -.- Im in that mood where I wanna play but Im tired and just not in the mood. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• RecoreRecore Posts: 5,097Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    I think the issue here, the main reason why it becomes boring is how they have stuff set up. You basically are given your entire skill kit right off and its the same thin all the way through. It causes the experience to become boring as you really don't feel like your progressing all that much and the experience isn't so enchanting to keep you locked in like other games where progression feels like it actually does something.

That is the main issue with the game. At least for me it was.

Raptr Gamercard
  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

what i see there: "i pushed my toon close to max in a week, missed all of the wonderfull landscape, jumping puzzles and the rest, and now i am bored!"

kk.

and to answer your question, no i am not bored, i am having fun.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BijouBijou BudapestPosts: 145Member

My main is lvl 56, only completed 17% of the whole map and I'm addicted to crafting. I just go out to mine, chop trees and hunt for drops + explore the world. Right now I lvl too fast with crafting so I'm skipping most of the events and stuff. I want to max crafting then I go back to unlock things, haha. It's not a problem because of lvl scaling (yay!). Then on 3 other alts I want to max the rest of the crafting discliplines. :P Then I want to unlock everything at least on my main, do all the dungeons, do every DEs at least once, get into PVP, collect titles and many more...

I have too many goals in GW2, so I'm sure I won't get bored of this game for a very long time... :) I'm having fun. But yeah, this game is not for everyone. It's mainly for people who enjoy achievements and collecting stuff (PvE-wise). I haven't even touched PvP yet...

• SandbloxSandblox Brooklyn, NYPosts: 185Member

Not bored at all and enjoying it a whole lot. I was running just PvE and bouncing around on diffrent characters and then I decided to join in on some pvp and now that has taken over my life and I need to force myself to get back onto PvE hehe. 

I think to many people are playing to much, yea yea it is a choice but you can not simply blame a game for being burnt out. It is pretty telling when you hit 75 quickly, feel bored and are already lining up another game to play. I feel some people just need more to do in their real life then trying to fill it with gaming 24/7. 

Also no offense to those that do, I used to do the same thing and had the same problems. However since my real life became more full and games become more for some enjoyment then a way of life, i have found gaming to be a lot more fun and exciting overall. 

• AlcuinAlcuin Broken State, CAPosts: 310Member Uncommon

Not bored...  But also only at level 20 and very busy IRL.  I look forward to relaxing at the end of the day and playing.   

I don't think any game should be played 24/7,  hell even 5/7 is too much, IMO.  That's what I think is wrong nowadays, there's no way debs can make content for a player base who plays this much.