Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Class Changes & Balance for v1.4 Detailed

2»

Comments

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Call me when things are 1 percent instanced and 99 percent open world. Call me when a change of engine is applied to the game which may also mean, they'll have to make a whole new game, call me when its not stale kthxbai.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    CC is such a lame,  half assed solution to game design. They use it fill skill bars and a crutch when they run out of ideas for skills. In pve it basically dictates group composition and in pvp is basically the most over powered over used ability. A campaign needs to be started in ranks of the Devs : " Just say, No to CC's "  It's their crack .

• mmaizemmaize Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by starwarsnut

when are people gonna learn its not about how many promises they make its how much content they deliver. To those who think its a "good" game so was kotor 1 but i dnt have to pay a sub for it and its more enjoyable and bug free then swtor will ever be.

People can bash gw2 all they want but when you look at gw2's cut scenes and swtors cut scenes gw2,s cut scenes seems a 100000000 better and it looks like thier actually talking when you watch it where as swtor it looks like the muppet show still. Its gotten better but it still looks like rubber chicken puppets talking where as gw2 thier mouths actually move and are in sync and it looks like thier "really" talking. Which is sad b/c swtors big thing was VO and story and all this but gw2 story blows tors out of the water.

No game that has to go f2p before a year is doing good they can spin that all they want but it flat out means the game tanked. Its not a normal mmo thing to lose that many subs to go from millions down to a number they wont even release or say is bad.

They should have spent more time analyzing swg and less analyzing wow. B/c as weve seen 2 times in a row now we have 2 star wars game that tryed to copy wow and the majority said if we want to play wow well go play wow not a crappy star wars imatation of it.

All i see in the patch is crap that they should have alread done before maybe in 5 years it will catch up to current mmo standards and be obselete again lol

You didn't really sit there and compare GW2 cutscenes to SWTOR did you?  SWTOR cut scenes are leap years ahead of GW2 whose campy asian style sit there as two characters look at each other in poorly scripted conversation, borders on childish.  I mean I love GW2..really I love the game but come on...let's get real.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

Gw2 cutscenes are a 100 times better then swtor and they dont require me to spacebar through them.

Swtor cutscenes are meh to me after seeing gw's cutscenes. The other thing is gw2 cutscenes dont look pupetty. Swtor looks a cgi kermit the frog. I will admit theyve gotten somewhat better. Overall gw2 they do it better. I am bieng real i cant take swtor cut scenes after seeing how gw2 does it its just such a better way to do it. Swtor's cutscenes are so puppety even know it looks like virtual balsa wood puppets. About the cc lolz swtor has had the worst cc and god aweful chainstunning ive ever seen so many baddies are gonna quit when they cant chain stun there way to hero gear

• DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107

Gw2 cutscenes are a 100 times better then swtor and they dont require me to spacebar through them.

Swtor cutscenes are meh to me after seeing gw's cutscenes. The other thing is gw2 cutscenes dont look pupetty. Swtor looks a cgi kermit the frog. I will admit theyve gotten somewhat better. Overall gw2 they do it better. I am bieng real i cant take swtor cut scenes after seeing how gw2 does it its just such a better way to do it. Swtor's cutscenes are so puppety even know it looks like virtual balsa wood puppets. About the cc lolz swtor has had the worst cc and god aweful chainstunning ive ever seen so many baddies are gonna quit when they cant chain stun there way to hero gear

You keep posting the same thought with your wording changed a bit, we get it, I mean you're 100% wrong, but we get it.

Originally posted by dreycraft

You keep posting the same thought with your wording changed a bit, we get it, I mean you're 100% wrong, but we get it.

lol are over 900k people whow left wrong to? probably more at this point. You guys keep posting the same thing as well /carebear defend mode on eh lol

The decisions are meaningless btw they dont change the story or do anything besides grant light or dark side points. Its a pointless mechanic really other then your character's appearance and some gear here and there it doesnt really do anything or have any real meaning like they claimed it did and doesnt.

Ill take gw2 approach it to it b/c its not there whole selling point where as it was biowares and it looks like muppets.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Awesome news!  When does it go F2P??

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251

Gw2 cutscenes are a 100 times better then swtor and they dont require me to spacebar through them. Swtor cutscenes are meh to me after seeing gw's cutscenes. The other thing is gw2 cutscenes dont look pupetty. Swtor looks a cgi kermit the frog. I will admit theyve gotten somewhat better. Overall gw2 they do it better. I am bieng real i cant take swtor cut scenes after seeing how gw2 does it its just such a better way to do it. Swtor's cutscenes are so puppety even know it looks like virtual balsa wood puppets. About the cc lolz swtor has had the worst cc and god aweful chainstunning ive ever seen so many baddies are gonna quit when they cant chain stun there way to hero gear         

All i hear is GW2 cut scenes are better then TOR because I never played TOR. I love GW2 is all this nonsense show, its easy to see by making statements like GW2 two person asian stale cut cut scenes (thst you can skip) are better then TOR 4+ person cut scenes where you make decisions. Come on buddy you can't be for real.
    Originally posted by Gaborik

All i hear is GW2 cut scenes are better then TOR because I never played TOR. I love GW2 is all this nonsense show, its easy to see by making statements like GW2 two person asian stale cut cut scenes (thst you can skip) are better then TOR 4+ person cut scenes where you make decisions. Come on buddy you can't be for real.

i was in tor beta for over 6 months and 3 months into live.  Those 4 people cutscenes are meh and once again like i said it doesnt matter what you chose except for light or darkside points. Are you for real? id rather a have a cutscene thats small and good then to have it be big deal with no point. Its like you can have a 1 man puppet show or you can have a 4 man puppet show. Your choice does not matter other then dark/light points lmao.

Woopie do in gw2 i miss out on my dark/lightside points oh noez!! oh its ok it doesnt mean that much anyhow....

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

StunWars....

We're going to be even more stunned to... death in the game.

And it was already too much.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    I'm more excited for patch 1.5: "The Fat Lady Sings."

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    My interest in what they are saying is low to moderate. Personally I'm waiting for SWMMO3

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    They are still addressing things that needed to be polished for release.  What a horrible design team they had all around.  I was never happy for their failure until I saw how much ANET got right in GW2.  Bioware compeltely ignored the genre and market and tagged an MMO descriptor to another KOTOR game with some instances.

You know?, there is really a lot of people who still love and enjoy the game, and you are talking about Anet did it right?, one week after release and the game is already full of gold sellers, bots and cheaters, sure they did it right.  SWTOR is an awesome game,  by the end of the year it will be even better and sadly for really a lot fo people here, we will find more people playing swtor a than gw2 with the F2P model. 

GW2 did it right and the game is bug ridden??   I'm unhappy with SWTOR as the nexted guy, but not because of bugs, but  multiplayer part is raiding, which should of never happen, they should have made it a themepark, sandbox mix more then SWG, but SWG had very,  very bad combat.  

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Oh do the people saying they can't wait for free to play, do you realize to get anywhere in games that are so called free, you end up spending more then 15 a month???   People need to get a clue, DEVS are laughing at you when they go so called F2p.

Look at LOTR, and DDO, they make so much more and people spent way more then 15 a month, gamers need to get a clue!!

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Clueless changes again.

Making the total duration of being stunned actually LONGER? What the heck are they smoking? The fact that PvP in TOR is a stun war is probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest complaints.

Looking at the new talent trees for the shadow, an already hugely powerful and popular class will now be able to spec for +150% speed every 5 seconds, holy shit.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Oh do the people saying they can't wait for free to play, do you realize to get anywhere in games that are so called free, you end up spending more then 15 a month???   People need to get a clue, DEVS are laughing at you when they go so called F2p.

Look at LOTR, and DDO, they make so much more and people spent way more then 15 a month, gamers need to get a clue!!

As I said many times, I would ban by law f2p crap. Besides crappy performance, no support, ... one at the end spend more money. Or this at least ban use of f2p with cash shops. If they advertise as free then make game free 100%.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Clueless changes again.

Making the total duration of being stunned actually LONGER? What the heck are they smoking? The fact that PvP in TOR is a stun war is probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest complaints.

Looking at the new talent trees for the shadow, an already hugely powerful and popular class will now be able to spec for +150% speed every 5 seconds, holy shit.

When I read that in the dev tracker I could only shake my head in disbelief. Thats what the fans want, more stuns!(Or doubled times per warzone that you would be stunned I mean)