Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how much money have you spent in the Cash Shop?

Comments

• itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125
    I've spent 1g 84s aka 600 gems for 1 bank slot so far.
  • IntrospectreIntrospectre Member Posts: 40
    I spent $10 on an extra character slot because I wanted to try most/all of the classes before deciding on a main.. kind of regret it already cause the game is starting to bore me after playing through the starting areas 5-6 times.

In fact starting to have some buyers remorse about the game in general.. it feels a lot like Diablo 3 in the sense that the enjoyment is front-loaded, you're enjoying it a lot that first week but once you play it for a while you start to see serious flaws in it.
  • fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    40 bucks, to upgrade to digital deluxe and get some other things, Well worth it as i support gw1 and ill support gw2 :-)
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    I bought a medium armor skin for my character, however since it is one use only, I don't think I'll be buying another until 80. It looks damn nice, though. :)

you can transmute it over to another set of armor i think

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Zero. The key thing might eventually sucker me in, but at this point it's not worth it from what I've gotten out of my first 2 chests lol.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by thamighty213
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    I bought a medium armor skin for my character, however since it is one use only, I don't think I'll be buying another until 80. It looks damn nice, though. :)

I wanted to get the dragon armor, but since its a one time use, I figured it would ne smart to use it when I reach endgame instead of on leveling gear.

After the initial application you can move the skin to another piece with the transmute stones. The stones you can buy or acquire in the game.

I didn't even think of that. Thanks, Jyiiga!

Except its bugged for a great number of people and the button remains greyed out no answer from Arenanet for 7 days now.

Ouch.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Haven't spent any yet, but I will have to buy the remaining character slots at the end of the month if I can't manage enough through in game currency.

I think it's great that people are supporting the cash shop and hopefully B2P will become the preferred model for mmo's.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Originally posted by Raxeon

you can transmute it over to another set of armor i think

Still a waste of stones, since being a low level, at any moment, a upgrade can drop, with low level model, and now would need a new (rare) Trans-Stone to change it to the armor you bought.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• mearimeari Member Posts: 101
    Not a dime and already up to 2000 gem. yum yum yum, what do I buy oh what do I buy!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I have spent a bunch of gold on cash shop gems. I bought a couple of bag slots and a couple keys
  • AmarelisAmarelis Member Posts: 10

I spent $10 'cause they finally got the trading post up  and I was happy :)

Now I got 800 gems just sitting there 'cause I don't want anything in the gem store.

Hope they add some nice looking armor skins soooon.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

I spent $10 and purchased a bank expansion. Planning to spend a value each month around $10-$20, depending on how much I play that month and how much I feel the game has evolved (updates, support), it's more meant to show my appreciation for the game's lack of monthly fees even though I know this cash shop has its own aggressivities, items/consumables that can escalate very quickly into an unreasonable amount. And please don't give me the "it's fully optional" speech, I know that, but it's still a carrot, one that costs real money.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by EricDanie

I spent $10 and purchased a bank expansion. Planning to spend a value each month around $10-$20, depending on how much I play that month and how much I feel the game has evolved (updates, support), it's more meant to show my appreciation for the game's lack of monthly fees even though I know this cash shop has its own aggressivities, items/consumables that can escalate very quickly into an unreasonable amount. And please don't give me the "it's fully optional" speech, I know that, but it's still a carrot, one that costs real money.

Where did you find the bank expansion? I looked and never found one.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Haven't spent a dime. Right now my $80 (deluxe edition) is enough. I may buy something in the future, but right now I see no need for me to spend any money in it.
  • ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78
    40$ But this should be it for a long time. Bought 3 additional character slots, since I love to twink and want to have one of each profession and adn bank slot expansion. Not planning to spend anything on cosmetics or consumables, so don't see on what else to spend for now...
  • LordOfPitLordOfPit Member UncommonPosts: 86
    $50, to buy myself some more characters slots and upgrade my account to the Deluxe Edition. From now on though, I'll probably be more patient and simply use the Exchange to convert gold to gems. image
  • tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

So...The "No subscription fee" falls flat to the ground..

Sure, the majority has not bought anything in the cashshop. ..

But the ones who actually has makes up for the ones who hasn't..

I'm rather confident that ANET got their 15$/month and then some. :)

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    It doesn't really have anything I want.. might get an extra character slot or two, but not even sure about that.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Amarelis

I spent $10 'cause they finally got the trading post up  and I was happy :)

Now I got 800 gems just sitting there 'cause I don't want anything in the gem store.

Hope they add some nice looking armor skins soooon.

I wouldn't even get armor skins, because of the stupid transmutation stone system.  I don't want to have to burn a stone, every time I upgrade my stuff.  Add an appearance tab, and I'd be a lot happier with that sort of thing.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

I've spent 20 dollars.

30% of the forum users have spent money on the gem shop.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Was planning on buying bank slots but since the trade post is up I converted some gold to gems and didn't have to. ;)
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

You still have the problem with the first trade. The first trade needs to work, and given the current system how can you "buy" something if there is no supply of it? Your first trade will not happen in the system you suggest  since there is no supply.  Keep in mind that the trades are done with the system rather than directly to a player: if the system has no supply, and players have supply, how can the first trade happen?

I'm trying to figure out what you're missing. I think it's this:

The market can have 0 gems on it and people will still be able to trade gold for gems. The price is BASED on supply and demand. If there is no supply or demand, the system does not stop working. People with gems can still get gold and people with gold can still get gems.

From there, you can hopefully see that they are able to fix a starting price and let the algorithm go. 

Yes, but from where do they get the gold and gems? From the system, right? Which is equivalent with the system having a supply of gold and gems.

No. Not from the system....... ok, how else can I explain this...

They are recieving data about how many people are buying gems and how many people are buying gold. The price fluctuates based on this information.

The gold I spent on gems disappears. The gems they traded for gold disappear. What I get is actually the amount of gems the algorithm has decided a person gets for the amount of gold I pay. And vice versa.

Let's do a little thought experiment:

Assume the system you describe is the real one and then assume that gem-gold system just opened. Now assume  that no person puts any "buy gold" order and there are only people "buying gem" orders. Also assume that every person has infinite amount of gold. Then let the amount of potential "buying gem" orders go towards infinity: how much total gems are able to be acquired that way? 

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    200 dollars? thats like you paid lifetime sub for it :P
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Syno23

I've spent 20 dollars.

30% of the forum users have spent money on the gem shop

so the shop is for cosmetic items only ? or is it helping people to level up ?

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107

Ive spent over $200 expanding bag slots transmution stones for the appearance armor which looks sick as hell and bank slots on the 3 accounts I got between me and mytwo sons. The way they have it set up to be able to trade the gems fo gold is nice too. I went over bord buying dyes as well but damn I wanted Blood and Midnight Ice so bad it was worth it. They are going to make a killing.